Not looking good for Shabazz | The Boneyard

Not looking good for Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
In the last couple weeks since the Heat picked up Goran Dragic, Shabazz has been very up and down. At first I was worried when Dragic went to Miami because it essentially pushed Bazz from 2nd in the PG depth chart (Chalmers, Bazz, Cole) to third (Dragic, Chalmers, Bazz).

Bazz had a couple decent games since Goran came to town, but recently he had a couple bad performances and has been yanked and has not even seen the floor in the last two games DESPITE the fact that Goran has been out for nearly 3 games now. So Goran is hurt leaving Chalmers and Bazz as the only true PGs left on the roster, yet Chalmers has started and Bazz has not seen the court at all in the last two nights. Spoelstra has gone on to move Tyler Johnson, their recent D-league pickup into a hybrid PG/SG role alongside Chalmers and the pickup of Henry Hill for the Heat has aided in Shabazz's drop in the depth chart. So far, not looking good for Bazz in Miami and the fans are getting frustrated with his inconsistency, yet they recognize his flashes of brilliance. I hope its the rookie struggles every guy goes through, but he really needs to start making those shots drop, his %s are not very good so far.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Agreed. Shabazz simply needs to play better. I know that after the Lamb situation it's easy to buy into conspiracies about coaches not giving our players a fair shake, but if he were more consistent this wouldn't be happening.

Reaction Score
As you say, Henry Hill has been a revelation for the Heat this season. That Brioni suit Spo was wearing last night? Fell off a truck. I'm amazed that Henry Hill can shoot with that pinky ring on and the constant griping that Karen does.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
As you say, Henry Hill has been a revelation for the Heat this season. That Brioni suit Spo was wearing last night? Fell off a truck. I'm amazed that Henry Hill can shoot with that pinky ring on and the constant griping that Karen does.

Changed name and a LOT of plastic surgery, but does this mean he's out of Witness Protection?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Bazz is a fairly cute 23 year old Hispanic male making 1.25 mil for the next four years living in a city where beautiful hot woman from such countries like Cuba, Brazil and Texas flock by the thousand looking to show cute 23 year rich kids a good time.
Don't feel bad for Bazz.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
The Heat played the Celts last night, so I was able to watch Bazz play professionally for the first time. What struck me immediately was what a GREAT teammate he is. On the bench, he would get up & "greet" his teammates as they left the floor & was totally involved in the game, often standing to cheer. When he did get on the floor, his role was strictly to facilitate the action...course when you have a teammate like D Wade, why wouldn't you pass it to him as often as possible? He made sure that his teammates got a touch, something that has been sorely missing in UCONN games this year. I really miss him!

Reaction Score
I don't know why people freak out about this. There are a lot of players in that first round who are strictly on the bench.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't know why people freak out about this. There are a lot of players in that first round who are strictly on the bench.

It's apparently the NBA's job to coddle UCONN players and make them look good so it can help improve our recruiting...

Reaction Score
He's in Miami with his Gparents and Mom---he will be fine. Worse comes to worse--he plays for another NBA team. The salary in the NBA is ridiculous $$$$$$.

Reaction Score
It's too early to say that it's not looking good for Bazz. As a first round pick he'll get more chances, plus pretty much no one expects real consistency from a rookie(even if he is 23). If he plays badly in years 2-3 then it'll be an uphill battle to even get the opportunity to prove himself.

In the end like everyone is saying production is the key, since things can change very quickly especially attitudes about how good someone is. Didn't someone once call bazz the worst point guard in uconn history at one point or something?

Reaction Score
Bazz is a fairly cute 23 year old Hispanic male making 1.25 mil for the next four years living in a city where beautiful hot woman from such countries like Cuba, Brazil and Texas flock by the thousand looking to show cute 23 year rich kids a good time.
Don't feel bad for Bazz.

Texas?

Reaction Score
he's been one of the better performing rookies this season. heres a quick paragraph from a piece on top rookies by david thorpe (espn)

Shabazz Napier, Heat
He's not setting the league on fire, but Napier is slowly evolving toward being an efficient and productive player. We are seeing him learn how to balance being a scorer, a playmaker and a game manager. The injuries to Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, plus the addition of Goran Dragic, will certainly impact Napier, but not necessarily in a negative way.

here he is doing work just days ago

Reaction Score
looks like he is playing o.k. in the NBA. Played well in the 2 games against the Warriors this season.

Reaction Score
The Heat played the Celts last night, so I was able to watch Bazz play professionally for the first time. What struck me immediately was what a GREAT teammate he is. On the bench, he would get up & "greet" his teammates as they left the floor & was totally involved in the game, often standing to cheer. When he did get on the floor, his role was strictly to facilitate the action...course when you have a teammate like D Wade, why wouldn't you pass it to him as often as possible? He made sure that his teammates got a touch, something that has been sorely missing in UCONN games this year. I really miss him!

I'd bet that is something that even if he didn't decide to do it on his own, Kevin Ollie imparted in him. Remember that Ollie played a role in the NBA that Shabazz will likely fill for as long as he can hang around. If you're the best teammate and you've constantly got your head in the game, there's a place for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom