Not In The News Links | The Boneyard

Not In The News Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Streak is just a number for UConn’s Auriemma MyRecordJournal.com |

Nothing new here folks. It's a little article, but it focused on one thing I do really find endearing about this group. Gabby says it:

“It’s just pretty cool that it’s still going,” Williams said. “Because everyone is like, it’s not going to end while we’re here. That’s kind of the mentality.”

And when she says something, I , for one, listen.

This group is implacable. This group is tough. Oh yes, they will put on reindeer ears and such and pose for you, but don't be fooled. They didn't commit to boot camp for four years to drop the ball. Their motto: "Not on my watch."

Reaction Score

Nothing new here folks. It's a little article, but it focused on one thing I do really find endearing about this group. Gabby says it:

“It’s just pretty cool that it’s still going,” Williams said. “Because everyone is like, it’s not going to end while we’re here. That’s kind of the mentality.”

This group is implacable. This group is tough. Oh yes, they will put on reindeer ears and such and pose for you, but don't be fooled. They didn't commit to boot camp for four years to drop the ball. Their motto: "Not on my watch."
I like that Rocky- implacable- THAT describes this group. When Geno used the term "duds" re. their emotional responses, I think he meant this- implacable- also unflappable- focused on playing the game right, UCONN style. I believe in Brazil they call soccer, sorry, football, the "beautiful game". The style of basketball the UCONN women play, that Geno and CD teach, IS the beautiful game.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score

Gabby Williams... the E.F. Hutton of WCBB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom