Not having an event for football is a big mistake | The Boneyard

Not having an event for football is a big mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When are these idiots going to understand that football drives the bus. If you don't have a good football team and a rabid fan base, your selection in the next round of CR will have a profound effect. I hear oh there's a basketball game or a hockey game. Do you think the powers to be in the rich SEC care if a basketball game is being played. They need to fill the rent and create an environment looking forward to the football season. If football isn't a priority, you can kiss being in a P5 conference good-bye and look forward in playing in this dissed so called conference called the AAC. Let the fans decide what they want to do and not have you decide for us because you have in past and us fans keep on shaking our heads about some of higher ups at this university.

Reaction Score
I agree...sort of. We are not in the SEC and basketball is a hugely popular sport at UCONN like it or not (and one at which we have been better at than any other over the last 15-20 years). There are a lot of fans that have season tickets to both football and hoops (I am one). There is no reason why they can't hold the event the next night. I have gone to the Rent for this every year they had it and really enjoyed it.

Reaction Score
3903.jpg

Reaction Score
Maybe even the administration has given up hope. Diaco came in with the prediction that UConn would be going bowling last season, when in reality it was probably the worst season performance wise in UConn history. Maybe they want to tone it down a bit, knowing that even this upcoming season will probably be mediocre, at best, and possibly a repeat of last season. Except for the most delusional die hards, fans know what they saw and expectations for next season have been drastically lowered. So why bother?

Reaction Score
Diaco came in with the prediction that UConn would be going bowling last season,
You have said this a few times - show me where he said they would go to a bowl last year. I don't remember it nor can I find it (I could always be wrong but would love to see the direct quote if you can find it).

Reaction Score
You have said this a few times - show me where he said they would go to a bowl last year. I don't remember it nor can I find it (I could always be wrong but would love to see the direct quote if you can find it).
They didn't go bowling but instead went to Six Flags, minor details.

Reaction Score
I believe that it was during his introductory press conference. I clearly remember something along the lines of get your bathing suits ready we are going bowling. I believe it is archived in the Courant. When I have some time, I will try to go back. I am not trying to be negative. I want he and UConn football to succeed. I hope they go to the Rose Bowl. But I am disheartened. I am disappointed.

Reaction Score
I believe that it was during his introductory press conference. I clearly remember something along the lines of get your bathing suits ready we are going bowling. I believe it is archived in the Courant. When I have some time, I will try to go back. I am not trying to be negative. I want he and UConn football to succeed. I hope they go to the Rose Bowl. But I am disheartened. I am disappointed.

Is this the quote you are referring to?

>>"This team is training hard, they want to be great; they want to go to bowls; they want to wear bathing suits in the winter. That is where we want to go. We want to put our bathing suits on, go to the Fountainbleau (Hotel in Miami Beach) and do a cannonball in that pool down there.”<<

Bit short of a prediction - no?

Last year sucked - no doubt about it tho...

Reaction Score
Is this the quote you are referring to?

>>"This team is training hard, they want to be great; they want to go to bowls; they want to wear bathing suits in the winter. That is where we want to go. We want to put our bathing suits on, go to the Fountainbleau (Hotel in Miami Beach) and do a cannonball in that pool down there.”<<

Bit short of a prediction - no?

Last year sucked - no doubt about it tho...
I believe that is it. I was obviously incorrect.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
The real barometer on if the school has sort of 'given up' on the program is if this summer they don't send Diaco out on another tour of the state meeting fans at Buffalo Wild Wings... Those events were awesome last year, and totally got me and my family pumped for football last year and Diaco coming in. They should do that every year. We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom