Northwestern. Illinois. Purdue | The Boneyard

Northwestern. Illinois. Purdue

Reaction Score
Peeked into the Illini and Purdue boards. Denigrating the UConn coach, the fans (by third party accounts}, the school, east coast people... I thought mid-westerners were nice but have shown to be as small as anyone else. Fans.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Peeked into the Illini and Purdue boards. Denigrating the UConn coach, the fans (by third party accounts}, the school, east coast people... I thought mid-westerners were nice but have shown to be as small as anyone else. Fans.
Been living in the Midwest for over a decade and midwesterners are fake nice. At least with east coasters they’ll be an a hole to you to your face.

Reaction Score

One of my new Hurley favourite responses at a presser was (paraphrasing)…I’m sure Cam has endeared himself with the B10 fans…, followed by a hearty laugh.

Reaction Score
Been living in the Midwest for over a decade and midwesterners are fake nice. At least with east coasters they’ll be an a hole to you to your face.

I disagree. I lived in the midwest for a half dozen years. They are genuinely much nicer than the rest of the country.

The south, they are fake nice. Southern hospitality is mile wide and an inch deep.

Reaction Score
The company I worked for in RI had a number of fellow employees in from the Midwest for a tech transfer situation. A few appreciated what you wrote. They were shocked at the level we were encouraged to speak our minds. Things were said that would be considered insubordinate back home. Consensus was that we overuse the bad word though. Pleases and thank yous seem to go a long way just about everywhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Polite and nice are two different things.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I disagree. I lived in the midwest for a half dozen years. They are genuinely much nicer than the rest of the country.

The south, they are fake nice. Southern hospitality is mile wide and an inch deep.
sometimes their niceness feels almost passive aggressive, but then again maybe i'm just a misanthrope

Reaction Score
& super shallow.

Was frequently critiqued for TMI on normal personal things (nothing that would be called too personal or scandalous on the East Coast).

I once threw a big dinner party when I lived in Michigan. 7 pm start. At 6:40 we were still cooking and I ran out to the corner store for ice. I got back at 6:55 and saw not only everyone at my door, but a few of them were standing in line. Weird people.

Buffalo has some midwest characteristics, nothing more annoying than early dinner 5-6 pm.

We go out for dinner at 8 pm and frequently close out joints with people running us out the door at 9:30 pm (they close at 10).

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Ugh the midwesterners that migrate south down I 75 to Clearwater. Clog the roads, clog the restaurants, clog the beaches,

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
IMG_7876.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member