Northeastern up 2 on Mich St w 16 to play | The Boneyard

Northeastern up 2 on Mich St w 16 to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If only they hadn't lost to Wagner, we could treat the N'Eastern loss as a one off.

Reaction Score
anybody that knows anything about college hoops knows that Mich St is still supposed to beat Northeastern at home. They were still favored by 11 after all.

just saying
Fair enough. My point, though, was that I'm tired of seeing people try to justify the Wagner/Northeastern losses. They were both terrible and inexcusable losses. Sadly, I think the coaching staff will get a free pass this year because of the injuries but those 2.5 games (half of LMU) when we had a full roster were scary. Very unprepared.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Wagner and Northeastern losses are irrelevant. The team was very young. We all knew we would hit some early bumps.

Reaction Score
Even with Bridges they did not look great when i saw them earlier. I assume they will get him back and make the tourney with a good seed easy. Hard schedule, lots of chances against ranked teams, it's a different world.

Reaction Score
Depending on matchups, I'll be looking to have northeastern into the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. My point, though, was that I'm tired of seeing people try to justify the Wagner/Northeastern losses. They were both terrible and inexcusable losses. Sadly, I think the coaching staff will get a free pass this year because of the injuries but those 2.5 games (half of LMU) when we had a full roster were scary. Very unprepared.
There is no justification for UConn losing to Wagner or Northeastern. None. Let me be clear on that.

Reaction Score

The coaches prepared them the players were just prepared to go out there, they all looked like they were deer in headlights. Coaches can't slap them silly to get them to wake up and realize it's time, and if you need that then leave UConn because you don't have the mentality. They were a bunch of kids and newcomers trying to figure each other out while o the court. As we can see now, despite losing 3 players it's just coming together it's takes a long time with this many new players. Jalen wasn't new and he looked clueless as to how to be the man, basically scared. Shouldn't have lost those 2 but it's shared by players and staff, but the kids were scared.

The coaches have done a wonderful job and I'm having fun watching this team with very few expectations other than growing together to be better on 17-18. Whatever happens this year is gravy!

Reaction Score
The coaches prepared them the players were just prepared to go out there, they all looked like they were deer in headlights. Coaches can't slap them silly to get them to wake up and realize it's time, and if you need that then leave UConn because you don't have the mentality. They were a bunch of kids and newcomers trying to figure each other out while o the court. As we can see now, despite losing 3 players it's just coming together it's takes a long time with this many new players. Jalen wasn't new and he looked clueless as to how to be the man, basically scared. Shouldn't have lost those 2 but it's shared by players and staff, but the kids were scared.

The coaches have done a wonderful job and I'm having fun watching this team with very few expectations other than growing together to be better on 17-18. Whatever happens this year is gravy!
I won't really get into this as there's been countless threads and posts on it. Yes, my expectations are obviously tempered and whatever happens this year, happens. To me the season is already a success because we beat Cuse. However, I am still fully on board for a staff shake up after the season. Doubt it happens but I think it's needed. Between the lacking frontcourt development and our putrid offense, somethings gotta give. Just my two cents.

Reaction Score
There is no justification for UConn losing to Wagner or Northeastern. None. Let me be clear on that.
It's nothing to do with justification , we are not entitled for anything , it's sports, a lot went wrong in the start with lots of criticism of the coaches and players. I do believe the long road back has begun .

Reaction Score
It doesn't freain matter. We played like crap, got off to a huge deficit and lost. Period the end. We should have never lost that game.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Settle down, NE is 6-5 with loses to BU, LIU, Stony Brook, Cornell and Harvard. They aint dancing this year.

He meant the Sweet 16 of the CBI. Right?

Reaction Score
If only they hadn't lost to Wagner, we could treat the N'Eastern loss as a one off.

A little sick ...

Wagner was a difficult first game (and I'd like to see when scheduled). They had solid mid-major guards who could sink 3s with 5 of the first 6 guys back from a team that played well in March. They looked together seemingly playing all summer as a unit ... and was great production for that first game. And ... haven't checked ... but they actually lost their leading scorer against us with 12 minutes or so left. Plus their 6´9 Center went for a quick 10 in the first 10 minutes. Hard opponent for UConn this year with us having 11 guys in all kinds of new roles.

I actually think the Northeastern game was more of an outlier.

Reaction Score

Northeastern wins @ Oakland (9-2) at the buzzer, a few days after winning @ MSU.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Wagner's best player versus us, the kid Saunders who put up 15 before leaving in the middle of the 2nd half with an injury hasn't played again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom