Normal or not? | The Boneyard

Normal or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know much about the timing of FB recruiting, so my question to those that do know, is the new class behind in terms of numbers for this time of the year?

Seems UConn had a week or so of verbals and now nothing. Normal or not?

Reaction Score
They may have had a slow start. But after the week we had, i think we are on track given the size of the class projected (maybe even a little ahead of the curve).

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There aren't many open scholarship spots for this class. 14 I believe. Looks like the staff is going after quality kids in the early going and having some decent success.

Reaction Score
So they might be projecting some more attrition before fall camp starts... in order to recruit up to 18?

Reaction Score
So they might be projecting some more attrition before fall camp starts... in order to recruit up to 18?

Yeah, fall camp in 2016. There are a number of rs jrs. who may graduate in 2016 that may elect to not come back.

Reaction Score
At the event in Stamford I was told the target was 17/18.

Told by staff Stinger?

That seems on the high end. Most of the written stuff has been in the area of 13-15.

Reaction Score
what ever the numeric goal is in recruiting, normal or not normal, the number is far less than last year.

then again, last year there was a lot of hype around the program, and results last year "set the record" for number of recruits up to this period of recruiting cycle.

the 2016 class recruit numbers probably follow the overall historic trend.......very few early in the recruiting cycle, most verballing in the home stretch of the recruiting cycle.

Reaction Score
According to me alone, and I know everything:

Diaco needed to bring in a huge number of new players last season (approx. 30) to get back on track with recruiting adequately for a full 105 man roster, with 85 scholarships. We had been playing catch-up with building a full roster of players that had been identified, tracked and recruited adequately for the program since 2009. We were backfilling inadequate sized rosters per division 1 roster standards, with anyone that was practically willing suit up for nearly 5 years. The results on the field showed two things clearly - without a doubt from 2011-2014. We didn't have enough good players, and we didn't coach them very well.

What I'm confident Diaco has done though, is take a recruiting plan to identify a profile of player(s) and build a roster for 2015 that will at least have enough, and by first wed of Feb 2016, be back on track for division 1A roster standards for recruitment of players through multi-year NLI processes starting as juniors really in high school. For me - that will probably mean a class size about half of what was needed last year - 15.

Pasqualoni was doing it as well, with recruiting - working to get the roster back to standards of recruiting volume and capacity that Edsall had let it fall off, but got canned for being a sh88tty head coach, and hiring his butt buddy to derail the offense.

Anyway - no way to know if we'll actually have good enough players and good enough coaching to start winnign more than we lose, and go bowling regularly again - but at least we'll have enough players and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom