Non UConn College WBB News | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Washington Huskies

Just looking at UW's roster, I see Natalie Romeo is listed as a Sr. She disappeared from the roster listed on their official website at some point last year. She was obviously out all of last season, with some undisclosed medical condition, there was literally no info about her. There was some speculation she was no longer with the program. This seems to indicate she will return for one more season. Good news for the Dawgs, they could certainly use more perimeter shooting and scoring.

Reaction Score
have things gotten so out of hand in the women's game that we need to start a crime and punishment page?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm truly speechless....not sure what kind of hold Holly has on the Tennessee administration....some kind of hypnotic spell I reckon..
Holly has been a big part of the success of the program. The recruiting the last couple of years has been very good. I think a chance now. It could lead to more problems. Players leaving and other things. I think Westbrook is going to have a really good season.

Reaction Score
Holly has been a big part of the success of the program. The recruiting the last couple of years has been very good. I think a chance now. It could lead to more problems. Players leaving and other things. I think Westbrook is going to have a really good season.

hey it's your team so if you're happy I'm happy but wouldn't you agree that Holly's recruiting deserves an A but that her coaching should get a D+................to paraphrase a famous quote "never has someone done so little with so much"

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
hey it's your team so if you're happy I'm happy but wouldn't you agree that Holly's recruiting deserves an A but that her coaching should get a D+......to paraphrase a famous quote "never has someone done so little with so much"
Holly was a assistant for year's. It's different taking the head coach position. A look at last year for example. There was three players Russell, Nared, and Jackson. That had played a lot. The rest of minutes were to freshman. Look at this year the team is young. Now those freshman have been through a year. I think you will see improvement. Davis has unreal talent. Also this year a little deeper bench. That will also help.

Reaction Score
Holly was a assistant for year's. It's different taking the head coach position. A look at last year for example. There was three players Russell, Nared, and Jackson. That had played a lot. The rest of minutes were to freshman. Look at this year the team is young. Now those freshman have been through a year. I think you will see improvement. Davis has unreal talent. Also this year a little deeper bench. That will also help.

all true but I've seen a bunch of Tennessee games in the past few years and I always get the sense that the players are running around like chickens without their heads and often succeeding due to their raw talent despite a serious lack of direction from their head coach.............

Reaction Score
all true but I've seen a bunch of Tennessee games in the past few years and I always get the sense that the players are running around like chickens without their heads and often succeeding due to their raw talent despite a serious lack of direction from their head coach...
Yes even good coaches have bad stretches. Few years ago Walz L’ville teams had poor chemistry. Underachieved many said. Actually it was he still didn’t have enough good experienced players.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hope this tournament is televised somewhere. Some nice matchups there for sure.

you mean with all of your team's story book success, there's no Fighting Irish Women's Basketball Network?............:D

Reaction Score
How did Dawn not know anything about this player in her home state if she was good enough to be given a scholarship? Not impressive

Coaches do tend to miss some players. I’m certainly glad Dawn was able to swing back around and get her. She doesn’t pop out on the floor athletically or skill wise but her IQ and fundamentals are very sound. She can shoot the 3 and post up and take it off the bounce. Excited to see her play.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
LADY VOL BASKETBALL
NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Date Opponent
Nov. 5 Carson-Newman (Exh.)
Nov. 11 Presbyterian
Nov. 14 UNC Asheville
Nov. 18 Florida A&M
Nov. 22 vs. Clemson *
Nov. 23 or 24 vs. UAB or Oklahoma *
Dec. 2 at Oklahoma State
Dec. 5 Stetson
Dec. 9 at Texas
Dec. 18 Stanford
Dec. 21 East Tenn. State
Dec. 28 Murray State
Dec. 30 Belmont
Jan. 24 Notre Dame

Reaction Score
Coaches do tend to miss some players. I’m certainly glad Dawn was able to swing back around and get her. She doesn’t pop out on the floor athletically or skill wise but her IQ and fundamentals are very sound. She can shoot the 3 and post up and take it off the bounce. Excited to see her play.
Maybe so but SC isn’t that hard to cover. She should of at least known who the girl was.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Best of luck for a successful surgery & speedy recovery Kim. WCBB needs you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom