Non-Key Tweets | Page 958 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That sportskeedia site is really weird. It often has the latest happenings but scrapped from the internet and it always reads like it was written by Chat GPT. It seems like whoever owns it is using AI to create and push content to the top for clickbait stuff which is a smart way to get traffic for ad revenue money grab ... but super sketchy on substance.

Reaction Score
If this is true, then the recent expansions make absolutely no sense.

A lot of schools with small fanbases were added.

Heck, the ACC is looking at SMU.

That's all about the market and the state. SMU has a very small following.
Until the cable bundle dies then that's not a bad bet. In the future I think we see more conferences bundle all of their rights TV/multi media etc to maximize value. I also think we see tiered distribution similar to the CFP, the schools that bring the most value will get the highest guaranteed money with some set aside for performance based bonuses

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, if the ACC stakes a claim in big 12 territory by inviting SMU, does the big 12 reciprocate by inviting Connecticut and USF?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
So, if the ACC stakes a claim in big 12 territory by inviting SMU, does the big 12 reciprocate by inviting Connecticut and USF?
Maybe if USF was still good at football. They're struggling in all sports right now. I get that they have a lot of students and are in Florida but meh.

Reaction Score
Maybe if USF was still good at football. They're struggling in all sports right now. I get that they have a lot of students and are in Florida but meh.
Maybe they just need to be in a Power conference and things will turn around

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe they will get their heads out of their anuses and do what I suggested weeks ago, Stanford, Cal and UConn. Frank the Tank casually dropping that swing vote North Carolina wants to focus on basketball. SMU does nothing for them.

Reaction Score
Maybe they will get their heads out of their anuses and do what I suggested weeks ago, Stanford, Cal and UConn. Frank the Tank casually dropping that swing vote North Carolina wants to focus on basketball. SMU does nothing for them.
I think people are misinterpreting the basketball thing. They want to pay people for outstanding bb performance out of the tv money SMU will forego. Not just reward FB success.

Reaction Score

Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
B12 will only expand again if Fox and ESPN step up and say they will pay for the expansion.

It is simple as that.

There is literally nothing simple about the next 5 to 10 years of college sports or higher education. Anything can happen. After that, things will probably settle down though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Give it up, they hate us. That conference is dead man walking now anyways.
It's not a dead man walking. It's in better shape than the Big XII despite all the posturing by FSU. But yes, they seem to hate us.

Reaction Score
It's not a dead man walking. It's in better shape than the Big XII despite all the posturing by FSU. But yes, they seem to hate us.
The ACC is a dead conference. They are not in better shape than the big 12. None of the big 12 schools are going to be poached. The ACC has 4 maybe 6 schools that are not going be there long term.

Reaction Score
They'll try and keep their valuable teams hostage as long as possible but they'll escape. Totally dead conference.

Reaction Score
They'll try and keep their valuable teams hostage as long as possible but they'll escape. Totally dead conference.
When it's all said and done UConn will end up in a conference with BC, Syracuse, Temple, UMass, Wake Forest, South Florida, Duke, and Army or Navy for all sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom