Non-Key Tweets | Page 949 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
It's not specifically MTV's The Challenge, it's its own spin-off explicitly with CBS reality show alumni. The networks may be dying but that in particular is not a sign.
First person I saw in the ad was Johnny Bananas.

Reaction Score
First person I saw in the ad was Johnny Bananas.

Yeah, this season they brought in 6 main show Challenge vets as a twist, but the majority of this cast, and the entirety of last season's cast was CBS reality alums.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Yeah. I could only rewatch a UConn game i missed. Anything else, even the super bowl i can't do it.
I can only watch a show if I don't know the outcome. Since I DVR all the sports I watch (to skip commercials, halftime, etc.), it sometimes gets tricky.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can only watch a show if I don't know the outcome. Since I DVR all the sports I watch (to skip commercials, halftime, etc.), it sometimes gets tricky.
I usually watch in real time, but sometimes I watch with a 15 minute lag or so. Usually I'll avoid score updates that way and I can still skip through commercials.

Reaction Score

ACC does not work out with StanCal, would this work without damaging other conferences and bringing stability? 10 All Sports (Basketball), 12 Football
Pac12 (All or Football)
Stanford
Cal
Oregon State
Washington State
SDSU
Air Force
SMU
Memphis
USF
Gonzaga
UCONN (FB)
Navy (FB)
Army (FB)

By only taking 2 from MWC and 3 from AAC, they remain stable conferences. Having all 3 military schools for FB brings that tradition into a conference. Keeps the Core 4 still together, UConn stays in the BE, and a conference with solid Academics (outside of Memphis) to satisfy Stanford/Cal. The Core 4 will have the money to help buy out exit fees for those MWC & AAC with the upcoming PAC revenue that only goes to them. This conference would be solid with National Brands in both Basketball and Football. TV deal would be better than MWC & AAC and in multiple timezones for inventory.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

ACC does not work out with StanCal, would this work without damaging other conferences and bringing stability? 10 All Sports (Basketball), 12 Football
Pac12 (All or Football)
Stanford
Cal
Oregon State
Washington State
SDSU
Air Force
SMU
Memphis
USF
Gonzaga
UCONN (FB)
Navy (FB)
Army (FB)

By only taking 2 from MWC and 3 from AAC, they remain stable conferences. Having all 3 military schools for FB brings that tradition into a conference. Keeps the Core 4 still together, UConn stays in the BE, and a conference with solid Academics (outside of Memphis) to satisfy Stanford/Cal. The Core 4 will have the money to help buy out exit fees for those MWC & AAC with the upcoming PAC revenue that only goes to them. This conference would be solid with National Brands in both Basketball and Football. TV deal would be better than MWC & AAC and in multiple timezones for inventory.
Is it necessary at this point? Wouldn't the optimal scenario be that more football brands go indy and we start to get scheduling benefits and normalization of that?

Right now UConn is a punchline and the indy is seen as leaving the football program for dead. WHEN we are successful this season that punchline narrative will be left for dead and a few home and homes announced with cal and stanford will get people thinking.

Reaction Score
Is it necessary at this point? Wouldn't the optimal scenario be that more football brands go indy and we start to get scheduling benefits and normalization of that?

Right now UConn is a punchline and the indy is seen as leaving the football program for dead. WHEN we are successful this season that punchline narrative will be left for dead and a few home and homes announced with cal and stanford will get people thinking.
I'm counting on this. We need this to be a major coming out party.

Reaction Score

Okay, then what does Stanford & Cal do for all their other sports? What about Oregon St & Washington St do as they prefer to stick with Stanford & Cal? I get your point of view of what would be optimal for UCONN football, but optimal may be harder to fall into place. Building something with other schools of worth has a solid chance to elevate instead of hoping the optimal happens.

Reaction Score

Pac12 (All or Football)
Stanford
Cal
Oregon State
Washington State
SDSU
Air Force
SMU
Memphis
USF
Gonzaga
UCONN (FB)
Navy (FB)
Army (FB)

This is one of the annoying aspects of CR….
People just randomly throw out conference line ups with zero potential and zero interest.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Okay, then what does Stanford & Cal do for all their other sports? What about Oregon St & Washington St do as they prefer to stick with Stanford & Cal? I get your point of view of what would be optimal for UCONN football, but optimal may be harder to fall into place. Building something with other schools of worth has a solid chance to elevate instead of hoping the optimal happens.
My guess is they park them in either the Mountain West or WCC. Or 2 in each.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Pac12 (All or Football)
Stanford
Cal
Oregon State
Washington State
SDSU
Air Force
SMU
Memphis
USF
Gonzaga
UCONN (FB)
Navy (FB)
Army (FB)

Can someone explain the supposed appeal of the service academies? I don't think they would want them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think the service academies have a pretty broad audience. I'm just guessing, but I'd say Navy does better in ratings, than say, Temple.
Sure. But they aren't really competitive. Army is worse.

Reaction Score
I think the PAC-4 wants to keep whatever money and the PAC-12 name. They probably will stay there and invite schools that make the most sense vs. merging with the AAC and/or MWC. They just need to have 8 to maintain a conference. I do think UCONN should look into a FB only with the PAC-4 if there is such an option. Ultimately, I do think the PAC-4 will want to build something close to the West for their other sports. For football, their best option is to do a national conference with some football-only schools if they want schools like UCONN in it.

Reaction Score
I think the PAC-4 wants to keep whatever money and the PAC-12 name. They probably will stay there and invite schools that make the most sense vs. merging with the AAC and/or MWC. They just need to have 8 to maintain a conference. I do think UCONN should look into a FB only with the PAC-4 if there is such an option. Ultimately, I do think the PAC-4 will want to build something close to the West for their other sports. For football, their best option is to do a national conference with some football-only schools if they want schools like UCONN in it.
UConn would be a natural fit but other schools, like SMU, would have a very hard time joining.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain the supposed appeal of the service academies?
Aside from many Americans generally supportive of our military, no surprise many football fans highly respect the USNA and each of the academies. The pageantry of Commander in Chief games. Additionally, many, certainly not all, Navy active duty and veterans support for Midshipmen football. Enlisted, and academy grads alike.

If the new PAC X ends up including Navy a la AAC, it won’t be too surprising. Good luck rationalizing to Americans and DC politicians trying to toss Navy overboard.

Navy at SDSU, FAU, ECU, Rice, SMU, N Texas, Stanford, Cal, even Memphis are all within reasonable distance of US Navy bases or Naval Air Stations. Wazzu and Oregon State longer drives to Bremerton, etc, but ship loads of Navy personnel, veterans, and Navy families for potential occasional games in Pullman or Corvallis.

Many words, just some considerations. Navy may just opt for independence, scheduling flexibility a la Army, etc.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom