Non-Key Tweets | Page 916 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I was there for many of those big games. I remember. Some of it was beyond our control but what I am referring to are the things that were within our control.

The “P5” has a ton of dead wood in it that has no business looking down on us.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you, in fact I was adding to your point that we basically created this out of thin air and within no time had passionate crowds and had surpassed our rivals.

I'm not sitting here and saying we could have consistently been as good as West Virginia was in that BigEast era but I think we would have been competitive far more often than not.

Reaction Score
Something tells me with Byu in the fold, BY is not calling them to begin with. Ironic if Byu ends up in the conference, and Utah is left out in the abyss of a likely demotion or independence.

Reaction Score
Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you, in fact I was adding to your point that we basically created this out of thin air and within no time had passionate crowds and had surpassed our rivals.

I'm not sitting here and saying we could have consistently been as good as West Virginia was in that BigEast era but I think we would have been competitive far more often than not.

Also our greatest strength is a liability depending on who you talk to. According to some being good at basketball just shows that we aren’t committed to being good at football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

1690928957634.png

Does anyone think that if Dan Hurley was our coach in the American things would've gone as poorly as they did after the 2014 national championship? Those years were a coaching failure not a conference failure.

Now, the American is an absolutely miserable place for us to be, but that's not what created that miserable stretch. The big 12 is not the American, and though it's not our ideal eastern based conference, there is plenty more to look forward to in that conference than just the money. ESPN just put out their top 25 list for next year and Kansas, Houston and Arizona are in there. I think there was one other big 12 team that I am forgetting as well. If we were in that conference this year that makes five of the top 25 in the same conference. That's every bit as good as the Big East, which also has five of the top 25 including us.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Back to pessimism. Arizona using its leverage to get Utah in over us makes sense. If you’re the B12, would you rather stick it to the 3 corner schools by adding only UConn, or give Arizona what it wants to secure their commitment? Assuming the Arizonas really won’t go without Utah? It makes sense that Arizona and Colorado would like the league to look west, not all the way up in New England…
Put that pessimism in your pocket and save it for later. We’re in- along with Colorado, Arizona, and Utah. Mark it in ink

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was wondering myself why those WV morons were included in a thread called "key tweets".
They aren't supposed to be. In fact, the non-key thread was created especially for them.

Reaction Score
FSU BOT Chair had a live interview this afternoon...some excerpts.

“When I say we have a handle on the Grant of Rights, we understand the document very well,” Collins said. “We understand our position on that document, we understand the legal argument in that document, we understand who the parties would be under that document, and we believe we have a very good handle on what our risks are under that document. And what our opportunities are under that document.

“That’s the least of my worries based on what we know. … We understand it. We have gotten a lot of counsel on that document. That will not be the document that keeps us from taking action. And I’ll leave it at that.”

“It’s a critical decision,” Collins said. “And it’s one of those decisions where you can’t be afraid to make a tough decision, even if you don’t know exactly how it’s going to turn out. … I think the leadership in the university is willing to make a tough decision and take whatever comes from it. What that is today? I’m not going to tell you, but we’ve done a lot of work. And I would say we’ve done a lot of work going back to July (of 2022).”

Reaction Score

“When I say we have a handle on the Grant of Rights, we understand the document very well,” Collins said. “We understand our position on that document, we understand the legal argument in that document, we understand who the parties would be under that document, and we believe we have a very good handle on what our risks are under that document. And what our opportunities are under that document.

“That’s the least of my worries based on what we know. … We understand it. We have gotten a lot of counsel on that document. That will not be the document that keeps us from taking action. And I’ll leave it at that.”

“It’s a critical decision,” Collins said. “And it’s one of those decisions where you can’t be afraid to make a tough decision, even if you don’t know exactly how it’s going to turn out. … I think the leadership in the university is willing to make a tough decision and take whatever comes from it. What that is today? I’m not going to tell you, but we’ve done a lot of work. And I would say we’ve done a lot of work going back to July (of 2022).”

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

So are they crapping on the ACC with total disregard or is this some scripted posturing to strongarm payment structure? Or both?

Reaction Score
More Chair statements,,,

"The GOR is the not something that keeps me up at night....and it won't be anything that will keep us from taking action."

"People may not be happy that it won't happen as quickly as some hope".

"Besides getting married and having my kids....This (conference realignment) is the most impactful thing I'll ever be a part of".

Reaction Score
So are they crapping on the ACC with total disregard or is this some scripted posturing to strongarm payment structure? Or both?
Sounds like Big Ten bound and a very good fit. Have a kid there, they're serious about their football / sports and its probably where they belong.

Reaction Score

Are you kidding me ? This is business...like USC, UCLA, Texas, Oklahoma...or maybe UConn ditching the AAC...business decisions..

I assume that UConn would say by by to the BE if the B12 calls.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tramel says we are #14!

This is the key point that I think is being overlooked. If you are one of the Big12 football powers, wouldn't you prefer us over a school such as Utah that could threaten your path to the playoffs? I think that Tramel seems to be saying this, which probably means it's coming from OK State. Possibly a great sign for us.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me ? This is business...like USC, UCLA, Texas, Oklahoma...or maybe UConn ditching the AAC...business decisions..

I assume that UConn would say by by to the BE if the B12 calls.
Right, so I’m asking your opinion on which way they want their business to go. Chill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom