Non-Key Tweets | Page 915 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Gonna guess it is probably back loaded with incentives. They will get % of revenue per streaming sub etc. That's how I would sell it if I am the PAC. This is the only way to get some more upside than just $20M.

The subscriber split sounds like a fairly straightforward revenue share that escalates as Apple covers its direct costs. Very reasonable.

There also appears to be an opportunity to resell some of the streaming content to a linear broadcaster.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean, Baylor has effectively been in the Big 12 since like 1915, but sure.
Yeah, he's conflating the SWC and Big 8 merger in 1996 with hiring Art Briles om 2008, which is when they became good. Coaching matters. SWC wasn't holding them back.

Reaction Score

The premise of this article is pretty naive for a seasoned guy like Eamonn Brennan.

But there was also a large number of people who expressed a real desire to leave for the Big 12. These folks want to give proper high-level football a crack. Most of all, they want to secure the financial future of an athletics department that currently relies on the generosity of the Connecticut taxpayer to make its ends meet.

UConn’s leadership has a choice to make: Money or fit.

Before this week, I thought this choice was extremely lopsided. Just stay in the Big East! Don’t mess with happy. Etc. But since reports of Arizona being the next to join the Big 12 surfaced in recent days, the pro-leave UConn fan’s position is starting to make more sense. There is at least a case here now, something you could talk me into, a basketball argument for leaving the Big East and trying something new.
So it's Arizona that tips the scales? What?

I love Uconn basketball, but our athletic department is a lot bigger than uconn basketball, and fields a lot of sports that can't pay for themselves the way uconn basketball can. Money being equal I might actually agree that staying in the Big East is better for uconn, but the money is not close to equal.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Why can’t UConn still win big and get more money? I vote both

The headline is clickbait while the article is pretty balanced at least with respect to hoops.

I think a lot of UConn don't consider UConn football because unless you were at The Rent from truly what amounts to a less than a decades worth of big crowds and good football it more or less is an afterthought. With that said, there's simply no argument that will convince me having sat in those stands from 05-13 that Connecticut can't support and have a successful football program when on equal footing with regional peers.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
The headline is clickbait while the article is pretty balanced at least with respect to hoops.

I think a lot of UConn don't consider UConn football because unless you were at The Rent from truly what amounts to a less than a decades worth of big crowds and good football it more or less is an afterthought. With that said, there's simply no argument that will convince me having sat in those stands from 05-13 that Connecticut can't support and have a successful football program when on equal footing with regional peers.

We literally cratered our football program. It’s almost a miracle to even be part of the conversation.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We literally cratered our football program. It’s almost a miracle to even be part of the conversation.

I've taken this position here and on the chat but those back to back night games against Pitt and West Virginia highlighted exactly what this program could be. Electric crowds, good football, beating the top two overall Big East football programs en route to a league title. Those nights were absolutely awesome.

What kills me is that the opportunity to build on that momentum was swept from right under our feet with not only Randy bailing, hiring P, but most importantly the Cuse/Pitt defections which carved the path for our program to be relegated.

The whole thing was and is absolute BS that UConn doesn't care about football or can't support football. I'd love to see Indiana football have to play a decade in the MAC and see how their crowds look like, or Kansas State getting thrown into Conference USA for a decade and checking in on fan support.

We got absolutely hosed and anyone with an ounce of intellectual integrity wouldn't disagree.

Reaction Score
I've taken this position here and on the chat but those back to back night games against Pitt and West Virginia highlighted exactly what this program could be. Electric crowds, good football, beating the top two overall Big East football programs en route to a league title. Those nights were absolutely awesome.

What kills me is that the opportunity to build on that momentum was swept from right under our feet with not only Randy bailing, hiring P, but most importantly the Cuse/Pitt defections which carved the path for our program to be relegated.

The whole thing was and is absolute BS that UConn doesn't care about football or can't support football. I'd love to see Indiana football have to play a decade in the MAC and see how their crowds look like, or Kansas State getting thrown into Conference USA for a decade and checking in on fan support.

We got absolutely hosed and anyone with an ounce of intellectual integrity wouldn't disagree.

I was there for many of those big games. I remember. Some of it was beyond our control but what I am referring to are the things that were within our control.

The “P5” has a ton of dead wood in it that has no business looking down on us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom