Non-Key Tweets | Page 913 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Seems pretty clear to me that some in the AD are supremely confident we're going to the Big XII based on all this smoke. Remains to be seen if they're overly confident or if they're right on the money.

Reaction Score
Seems pretty clear to me that some in the AD are supremely confident we're going to the Big XII based on all this smoke. Remains to be seen if they're overly confident or if they're right on the money.
You think so? I don't know man. My optimism meter is near zero. We will still have the Big East and decent independent FB schedules so it doesn't make feel like life or death, but it don't feel right. Need the PAC9 commissioner to something good for once.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A silver medal only means, of all the losers, you were the BEST loser.
Back in the day I coached a travel soccer team that was consistently pretty good. I remember at the start of one season a mom came up to me and thanked me for coaching and talked about "what a great season we had had the prior year." I demurred on that and she looked at me and asked "what?" I said one of our goals for the season was to win our flight and we didn't achieve it so it wasn't a "great" season. She looked at me incredulously and said "we came in second!" My trainer was walking by at the time and he looked up and in his Brit accent said "That's just the first place loser now, isn't it?" She looked back at me and I nodded and she walked off shaking her head.

Reaction Score
You think so? I don't know man. My optimism meter is near zero. We will still have the Big East and decent independent FB schedules so it doesn't make feel like life or death, but it don't feel right. Need the PAC9 commissioner to something good for once.
Sort of reminds me of when my friends and I first started getting interested in girls and one of my friends miracalously had a girlfriend that lived in another town and no one else knew.........hmmmmmm

I feel Mora has been strongly hinting for some time that a move is in the works. Sort of an odd tweet if you know you weren't selected.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

There's been enough mini-leaks, between this recruit, the masters guy, Aaron torres, etc. that make me convinced they think it's happening.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There's been enough mini-leaks, between this recruit, the masters guy, Aaron torres, etc. that make me convinced they think it's happening.
I'm convinced it was happening.

But Washington and Oregon cannot be ignored. The elevation to Big XII football would be immense. Like getting OU and UT back. So I think the Big XII is just doing proper diligence to see what is truly available.

Reaction Score
I'm convinced it was happening.

But Washington and Oregon cannot be ignored. The elevation to Big XII football would be immense. Like getting OU and UT back. So I think the Big XII is just doing proper diligence to see what is truly available.
The hang-up there is the whole world knows Oregon and UW want the B1G. The Big12 asks their teams to sign a 99 year GOR or something crazy.

Reaction Score
The hang-up there is the whole world knows Oregon and UW want the B1G. The Big12 asks their teams to sign a 99 year GOR or something crazy.
Agreed. You don’t give those schools a 6 year bridge to the B1G. If you can contractually lock them in for the long term then of course, obvious option #1. There is no benefit to adding those schools if you know they won’t be around for the next contract, as there is the risk they leave at the wrong time.

Reaction Score
Makes sense if you are trying to force Arizona’s hand. Say there’s only room for 14 but take 2 more after to get to 16.
Wouldn't there be legal recourse there? I mean, that's an outright lie to someone you want to build a strong relationship with, unless you go to 16 next year or something along those lines.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't there be legal recourse there? I mean, that's an outright lie to someone you want to build a strong relationship with, unless you go to 16 next year or something along those lines.
Don’t know about legal recourse, but yes it would be pretty crappy. Then again, Colorado supposedly had until Aug 1st to make a decision then you take in others after is pretty lousy as well.

Reaction Score
Don’t know about legal recourse, but yes it would be pretty crappy. Then again, Colorado supposedly had until Aug 1st to make a decision then you take in others after is pretty lousy as well.
It's one thing to tell someone you have until x to make a decision then we're going another way. Totally different to say we're only taking 14 then go 16 within days or weeks.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Back to pessimism. Arizona using its leverage to get Utah in over us makes sense. If you’re the B12, would you rather stick it to the 3 corner schools by adding only UConn, or give Arizona what it wants to secure their commitment? Assuming the Arizonas really won’t go without Utah? It makes sense that Arizona and Colorado would like the league to look west, not all the way up in New England…

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Back to pessimism. Arizona using its leverage to get Utah in over us makes sense. If you’re the B12, would you rather stick it to the 3 corner schools by adding only UConn, or give Arizona what it wants to secure their commitment? Assuming the Arizonas really won’t go without Utah? It makes sense that Arizona and Colorado would like the league to look west, not all the way up in New England…
Out of curiosity why do you believe that Utah joining them is so important to Arizona?

Reaction Score
Is this a case of rats on a sinking ship? Wouldn't each University President and AD look out for their school's own best interest?
I am sure UConn administration is doing everything they can to put themselves in the best possible position.

Very doubtful that Arizona is spending much time discussing Uconn- they are assessing their own situation

Reaction Score
I’d ask: what choice does Arizona have? Not sure they’re calling all the shots here. If BY says no to Utah do you think AZ is going to stay in a crumbling PAC In a show of solidarity?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is this a case of rats on a sinking ship? Wouldn't each University President and AD look out for their school's own best interest?
I am sure UConn administration is doing everything they can to put themselves in the best possible position.

Very doubtful that Arizona is spending much time discussing Uconn- they are assessing their own situation
Arizona probably cares about ASU. Utah probably cares about Utah State. I’ve said it a dozen times but Utah comes out a winner if it can get Utah State into the PAC. Aside from that it’s each for themselves. None of them are doing anything based on UConn

Reaction Score
Who is in the position of strength here. Does AU want to come or not. I mean, they can stay behind if they want to

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I’d ask: what choice does Arizona have? Not sure they’re calling all the shots here. If BY says no to Utah do you think AZ is going to stay in a crumbling PAC In a show of solidarity?

I believe that the only possible concern Arizona may have would be their state board of regents telling them that they cannot accept an offer and leave ASU behind unless ASU chooses to be left behind (which may well be what tomorrow's regents meeting is about).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If nobody else leaves, and the pac is getting 20 mil still, these schools could stay if they like the fit better. The bit in the B12 becomes better when you’re adding 3 other schools from their conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom