Non-Key Tweets | Page 895 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I just heard from a guy whose cousin sells blocks of marble. Apparently UConn just bought a slab, perhaps for a statue of AD DB!

Reaction Score
If we do end up getting invited, someone better find that damn ConFLiCT trophy or get a new one made at Things Remembered. I'll be bringing my red pants down from the attic
Things Remembered filed for bankruptcy years ago, so you'll have to get someone else to do your engraving.

Reaction Score
If we do end up getting invited, someone better find that damn ConFLiCT trophy or get a new one made at Things Remembered. I'll be bringing my red pants down from the attic
And I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Reaction Score
I mean, if the friend of a friend of a friend's brother's girlfriend actually told him this in a car wash, it would be more credible.
When you're right, you're right.

Reaction Score
I did not realize Oregon State was a sacred cow. That statement was not arrogant at all (maybe ignorant?). I genuinely did not realize there was such a school as Oregon State and that they were in the PAC 10. Aside from UConn bball and casually football, I am a grown up, and devote my time to grown up endeavors.

You should imagine a world where not everyone thinks the things that you value also view them as the center of their universe.

Reaction Score
If it’s possible, the PAC leadership needs to have some serious discussions with themselves, media outlets, and other conferences. They need to honestly assess potential future realignment.

Assuming (hoping) UCONN and Colorado are going to the Big 12, and possibly Arizona and ASU, they need to gage Oregon and Washington seriousness in going B1G. I think they then have two options.

One, don’t rush to replace members yet. Gage B1G, SEC, and Big 12 interest in ACC members. Hypothetically say Virginia and UNC to B1G (with Oregon and Washington). Clemson, Florida St, NC State, and Virginia Tech to SEC. And Syracuse and Louisville to Big 12. Then partner up with some remaining ACC (Ga Tech, Duke) and G5 teams aligned with university/athletic culture. Thus creating the fourth P4 national conference.

Or two. Look into merging with MWC (and west coast G5’s) to create an “island” west conference focusing on content for PCT zone.

At some point these conferences need to realize they are looking like mafia families and need to work under a commission.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I did not realize Oregon State was a sacred cow. That statement was not arrogant at all (maybe ignorant?). I genuinely did not realize there was such a school as Oregon State and that they were in the PAC 10. Aside from UConn bball and casually football, I am a grown up, and devote my time to grown up endeavors.

You should imagine a world where not everyone thinks the things that you value also view them as the center of their universe.
They aren't. Friar was a bit hostile, and he's wrong about UConn football being a "pathetic program". It's been better than a lot of P5 FBS programs since we jumped up to that level. He's also correct about UConn fans being myopic and you pretty much confirmed what he was saying. People in the northeast often have a willful blindness to places they don't go or find interesting and our fans show it. The move to the Big XII should provide some education for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom