Non-Key Tweets | Page 892 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Crickets coming out of UConn. My guess is they were told to button up as there was a lot of speculation out there with a lot of people earmarking UConn to B12 without the formal invite (sure both UConn and B12 weren’t happy about it). Is this a good thing? Time will tell.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Crickets coming out of UConn. My guess is they were told to button up as there was a lot of speculation out there with a lot of people earmarking UConn to B12 without the formal invite (sure both UConn and B12 weren’t happy about it). Is this a good thing? Time will tell.
If it’s true our football staff was telling recruits we are going to the B12 it may have lead to the radio silence or else we are seeing now.

Reaction Score
Either we were told a month or two ago that we're in as school 2 or 4 or we were told it ain't happening this go around. That's why we've gone silent. Fingers crossed.
If we knew for certain that we weren't getting an invite, I would think that AD David Benedict would have jumped out in front of it and said we were committed to the Big East and our east coast identity or something along those lines.

The real fear in all of this is that we think we're in a good position but are really just being used to force someone elses hand. Because that's happened enough now that we should know better.

Reaction Score
Something to keep in mind... Colorado may have bought Yormark capitol in PAC12 adds.... what does one think about UConn's capitol with bringing Big East Ball teams in?

Reaction Score
Please stop.
Stop what? It's a valid question.... it was mentioned a while back that St Johns etc are potentially being eyed. It's all just rumor but UConn's name and location could entice other regional programs for bball no?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If we knew for certain that we weren't getting an invite, I would think that AD David Benedict would have jumped out in front of it and said we were committed to the Big East and our east coast identity or something along those lines.

The real fear in all of this is that we think we're in a good position but are really just being used to force someone elses hand. Because that's happened enough now that we should know better.

As the saying goes at a poker table......if after 20 minutes you haven't figured out who the rube is, it's you.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Stop what? It's a valid question.... it was mentioned a while back that St Johns etc are potentially being eyed. It's all just rumor but UConn's name and location could entice other regional programs for bball no?
B12 does not want bball onlies. Memphis was mentioned too, they have no shot. The only thing that the B12 care about right now (maybe ever) is all sports schools. And no BE team should move their entire athletic department for 7-10m to benefit bball only.

Reaction Score
As the saying goes at a poker table......if after 20 minutes you haven't figured out who the rube is, it's you.
yeah the whole thing feels off. If we were actually going, I'd imagine the headlines would be "Colorado and UConn are heading to the Big XII"

the only way that doesn't happen is if the leaks are coming from the Colorado side. Which is possible but based on some of the people reporting on it, I doubt it.

Reaction Score
patman you have to check out Sneaky Penguin Brewery next time you go down. The owner there is from Newington CT. Big UConn fan too!
I'll look.

One of these days I'd like to get my act together... and I assume we are still talking bbq... I think I've decided I'll try to focus on ribs or at least get good at it.

As for beer. Only reason I'm not active in the beer thread is I'm dc based. I've been to around 370 breweries over 12 years.

Reaction Score
I'll look.

One of these days I'd like to get my act together... and I assume we are still talking bbq... I think I've decided I'll try to focus on ribs or at least get good at it.

As for beer. Only reason I'm not active in the beer thread is I'm dc based. I've been to around 370 breweries over 12 years.

w t f is wrong with you guys sneaking in a brewery post, o m g

Reaction Score
I just don't see the value in the Big12 taking small, private/catholic basketball only schools. Just don't see it when they can add all sports state universities with bigger fan bases, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
w t f is wrong with you guys sneaking in a brewery post, o m g

We are beer and we are legion!

Look I'm hyped for what's going on but there's still a handful of contingencies and we are hoping for an odd numbered break. From the game theory of it if I'm the b12 schools I wait until the pac signs something that binds them

Uconn is waiting until that contract gets signed. They have no rush to come after us and if they get an even number of what are, sadly, better options.

Besides. Beer and bbq is tastier than Husky. :)

Reaction Score

I don't think Benedict would have to come out and say anything because he didn't act like SDSU did - UConn has been very professional and discreet.

Of course there's the fear we're just being used, but I think Benedict would be able to navigate this process from a position of relative strength and would be respected by Yormark such that we're not a sime pawn. Even if we don't get an invite this go around, it doesn't mean we're being used. That's an emotional thought/feeling that some might have if we're not picked but it doesn't mean it really went down that way.

Reaction Score
I don't think Benedict would have to come out and say anything because he didn't act like SDSU did - UConn has been very professional and discreet.

Of course there's the fear we're just being used, but I think Benedict would be able to navigate this process from a position of relative strength and would be respected by Yormark such that we're not a sime pawn. Even if we don't get an invite this go around, it doesn't mean we're being used. That's an emotional thought/feeling that some might have if we're not picked but it doesn't mean it really went down that way.
There's no real gain in using us. What? To get a little bit more realignment hype in the NY media?

They will take an odd number of pac members. They probably don't want to make it work but they will.

Reaction Score
I just don't see the value in the Big12 taking small, private/catholic basketball only schools. Just don't see it when they can add all sports state universities with bigger fan bases, etc.
Idk. I think if UConn were to get into the B12 it opens the door for Big East teams. The conference seems to be high on basketball. So why not add valuable basketball without hurting football?

Reaction Score
Gross. Mustard based sauces are from the Devil. Not all KC BBQ sauces are sweet, mostly that's just the supermarket crap. Gates and Arthur Bryant aren't sweet.
Carolina BBQ blows. It's all about KC and Texas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom