Non-Key Tweets | Page 881 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
No. I do think some of the other sources are more reliable than Steinberg. We'll see. I heard there will be an announcement in the next few weeks.
Steinberg said "This is not the week", so sounds like he agrees with what you heard.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
By his own admission, this guy has one Big 10 contact. How does he know everything that is happening at every athletic program and in every conference?
He doesn’t. Just seeking attention like the rest of them

Reaction Score
By his own admission, this guy has one Big 10 contact. How does he know everything that is happening at every athletic program and in every conference?
Yeah i just bring back everything i come across. We just aggregate all things CR here.

GG

Reaction Score
Greg called USC & UCLA to the Big 10 before anyone else. Since the late winter/early spring, he has provided information that has been accurate regarding communications between the big 12 and Colorado (as well as dates of events). Some of his info has been provided by an “ASU money perch”. He has said there is legitimate interest in uconn on the part of the big 12, but that certain things have to fall a certain way for it to happen. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and does admit when he is wrong. Like any other person with inside information, there are limits and he will readily admit when he does not have certain information.

Reaction Score
Greg called USC & UCLA to the Big 10 before anyone else. Since the late winter/early spring, he has provided information that has been accurate regarding communications between the big 12 and Colorado (as well as dates of events). Some of his info has been provided by an “ASU money perch”. He has said there is legitimate interest in uconn on the part of the big 12, but that certain things have to fall a certain way for it to happen. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and does admit when he is wrong. Like any other person with inside information, there are limits and he will readily admit when he does not have certain information.
And he's simply saying his info and sources have no immediate info on UConn moving. Doesn't mean it's not happening, he just hasn't heard it from what's available to him.

Reactions: GG

GG

Reaction Score
And he's simply saying his info and sources have no immediate info on UConn moving. Doesn't mean it's not happening, he just hasn't heard it from what's available to him.
Agree.

Reaction Score
Folks who are throwing cold water on this are not saying the move is not happening only that it's not happening this week.

Reaction Score
Folks who are throwing cold water on this are not saying the move is not happening only that it's not happening this week.
But why throw cold water on it at all? Does it matter if it's this week or next week or the week after? It's happening, and it'll be announced before Labor Day. Who cares if it's tomorrow or a month from now?

Reaction Score
But why throw cold water on it at all? Does it matter if it's this week or next week or the week after? It's happening, and it'll be announced before Labor Day. Who cares if it's tomorrow or a month from now?
Because numerous accounts are posting, with supposed absolute certainty, that an announcement will happen this week. If they were saying "heard UConn will go to the Big 12, announcement at some point soon" then your argument would hold weight.

Timeline is important.

Reaction Score
Because numerous accounts are posting, with supposed absolute certainty, that an announcement will happen this week. If they were saying "heard UConn will go to the Big 12, announcement at some point soon" then your argument would hold weight.

Timeline is important.
I respect you POV, but I don't think the timelime is that important.

Reaction Score
I don't know who you are. But if you definitely know that UConn is going to the Big 12, then I can see how you don't care when it is announced. But for the rest of us, who don't know for certain, it DOES matter to us.

I see that you only have 87 posts. Many of the rest of us have thousands of posts, and many of those posts are on the Realignment Board. We've been posting and waiting for 12 years to get to a P5 Conference. Don't you think that's a long enough time to wait? Frankly, we're sick of waiting.

Reaction Score
I respect you POV, but I don't think the timelime is that important.
Sorry, I should've been more clear - timeline is important when these people's "reports" are based on that timeline.

I agree with you that in terms of when such a move would happen this summer, the timeline isn't that important. You're approaching this from the perspective that you don't care when it happens, as long as it does. The Twitter folks are not.

Reaction Score
I don't know who you are. But if you definitely know that UConn is going to the Big 12, then I can see how you don't care when it is announced. But for the rest of us, who don't know for certain, it DOES matter to us.

I see that you only have 87 posts. Many of the rest of us have thousands of posts, and many of those posts are on the Realignment Board. We've been posting and waiting for 12 years to get to a P5 Conference. Don't you think that's a long enough time to wait? Frankly, we're sick of waiting.
I appreciate your perspective

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is possible that some of the previously reported Big 12 programs’ ambivalence to UConn was the result of hoping for a different program to join. With the other options potentially off the table, there is no reason to wait to add UConn.

We will see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom