Non-Key Tweets | Page 866 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
The Dude of WV has definitely predicted almost every outcome. Greg Flugar seems to have a legitimate sources and he gave the heads up on USC and UCLA months before it happened.

I think you mean that the Dude of WV has definitely "not" predicted almost every outcome.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It doesn't even make sense. How can they be 12 votes short if there's 12 total votes? If everyone is voting no, then why would anyone bring them up to a vote? Lunacy.

I agree with your logic. On the other hand, Yormark does not have the votes yet, otherwise UConn would be in the Big 12 already.

Reaction Score
You are arguing that I can't prove a negative is true so therefore you are right. Stellar logic there.
given your strong stance against our chances w the Big 12 , in your eyes , what would need to happen between now and Labor Day for
You to say you’ve been all wrong over the past month?

Reaction Score
You are arguing that I can't prove a negative is true so therefore you are right. Stellar logic there.
No, I think he’s basically challen
Let’s remember we’re all on same team. People are a little guarded on hearing ideas that counter anything to getting P5 bid.

But in fairness, you suggested only reason we don’t have invite is because votes aren’t there. You can’t prove that. If you can, please do so. Same way you can’t prove we’re not waiting for partner.

he’s using your logic. It’s called spitballing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
given your strong stance against our chances w the Big 12 , in your eyes , what would need to happen between now and Labor Day for
You to say you’ve been all wrong over the past month?

I do not have a strong stance against our chances with the Big 12. I think it is about 50/50. I do think the scenarios where one school leaves the Pac 12 but the other schools stay are idiotic. You appear to think they are realistic.

For me to admit I was wrong, one school would have to leave the Pac 12 for the Big 12, the Big 12 would then have to add UConn, and the Pac 12 other schools would have to decide to terminate their athletic programs. Let me know when that happens.

Reaction Score
I do not have a strong stance against our chances with the Big 12. I think it is about 50/50. I do think the scenarios where one school leaves the Pac 12 but the other schools stay are idiotic. You appear to think they are realistic.

For me to admit I was wrong, one school would have to leave the Pac 12 for the Big 12, the Big 12 would then have to add UConn, and the Pac 12 other schools would have to decide to terminate their athletic programs. Let me know when that happens.
So you have established an impossible scenario to admit you’re wrong. Convenient. I need to remember that strategy.

Reaction Score

“And the pac 12 other schools would have to decide to terminate their athletic programs”

This is a serious response?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

I do think that wriggling 3 pac12 schools away (Colorado, Arizona, ASU) and picking UConn over Utah due to market / BYU’s protesting is very possible. I doubt the Big 12 would want WSU / OSU and chances are the most valuable brands are out of the big 12’s reach.

With that said, I agree UConn + 1 pac12 school is not logical. Neither is adding UConn with another g5 school. UConn by itself is vaguely possible if they like us enough & the pac12 contract is satisfactory, but I tend to agree they would have added us already if they wanted us so badly. 13 is also a clunky number, although it can be worked around. We will know very soon what will happen.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
“And the pac 12 other schools would have to decide to terminate their athletic programs”

This is a serious response?

It is not a serious scenario, but about half the regular posters on this board think that somehow just one school will leave the PAC 12.

Reaction Score
I do think that wriggling 3 pac12 schools away (Colorado, Arizona, ASU) and picking UConn over Utah due to market / BYU’s protesting is very possible. I doubt the Big 12 would want WSU / OSU and chances are the most valuable brands are out of the big 12’s reach.

With that said, I agree UConn + 1 pac12 school is not logical. Neither is adding UConn with another g5 school. UConn by itself is vaguely possible if they like us enough & the pac12 contract is satisfactory, but I tend to agree they would have added us already if they wanted us so badly. 13 is also a clunky number, although it can be worked around. We will know very soon what will happen.
Why isn't adding CO and UConn a potentially good and reasonable scenario for the Big12? Understood that neither is a great fb add (yet) but both have promise therein and both are bridges to add more schools from both the west and the east which checks off the more national aspiration that the Big12 possesses. And, there are other obvious advantages to both. What am I missing?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why isn't adding CO and UConn a potentially good and reasonable scenario for the Big12? Understood that neither is a great fb add (yet) but both have promise therein and both are bridges to add more from both the west and the east. And, there are other obvious advantages to both. What am I missing?

If one school leaves the PAC 12, all the schools leave the PAC 12. There is no scenario in which UConn joins the Big 12 with just one pac 12 school.

Reaction Score

You were already on the other side of this argument saying that if more than one PAC12 team left we were doomed. So the chances are no longer 50/50 if you understand math. They're Zero. But I'm sure there's another card left to play that you can dream up to backfill your last 50 posts.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If one school leaves the PAC 12, all the schools leave the PAC 12. There is no scenario in which UConn joins the Big 12 with just one pac 12 school.
I don't follow that logic at all, but go ahead - own it. Colorado joined along with Utah in 2011, prior to that AZ and AZ state joined in 1978 - the rest have been together much longer. Regardless of time, there is no hard rule that pulling one Jenga block tumbles the tower....particularly when it was the top block and frankly an underperformer.

I'm not going to sit here and rule out scenarios as it relates to the P12 and B12. Seems to me most reasonable outcomes remain on the board including a scenario where only Colorado leaves.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't follow that logic at all, but go ahead - own it. Colorado joined along with Utah in 2011, prior to that AZ and AZ state joined in 1978 - the rest have been together much longer. Regardless of time, there is no hard rule that pulling one Jenga block tumbles the tower....particularly when it was the top block and frankly an underperformer.

I'm not going to sit here and rule out scenarios as it relates to the P12 and B12. Seems to me most reasonable outcomes remain on the board including a scenario where only Colorado leaves.
And there are 3 reasons they still remain on the board.

Markets
Championships
Leadership

For a currently non-P5 all three need to be in place. Previously we didn't have all three. Fortunately for us they are in place and Yormark appears to value them in this scenario. But in life and realignment things can change on a dime. People get nervous, change is tough. And there's always the decision maker that has to throw a fit and have their ego massaged before they go along. No decision means no decision until that consensus is signed off on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom