Non-Key Tweets | Page 823 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
No, the ACC is beyond saving, we do not add enough even if we did join. They really hurt themselves with the 2036 contract.

The ACC could expel Wake and Duke without hurting the ACC Network's in-state subscription footprint. Back of the napkin math, the ACC would have distributed an average of close to $47 million per school to twelve full time members.

I say give them the boot immediately. If ESPN objects about losing Blue Devil basketball, tell them you will immediately add UConn and the state of Connecticut's 1.5 million plus households (3.6 million people) in their place. :)

Reaction Score
You helped kill the old BE.
The Big East killed the Big East.

It had 15 other schools in it that could not perform or make good enough decisions or draw enough eyeballs to save their own conference.

They were divided as well. They could not generate enough money on their own to survive.

It wasn't ND's duty to abandon independence to "save" the Big East.

The same thing is happening with the ACC. It has 14 other schools who decided to sign the horrible, long ESPN contract/GOR.

They cannot draw enough TV eyeballs to generate enough cash to compete. They caused their own difficulties and cannot get out of their own way.

If 14 or 15 school conferences cannot keep their conference relevant, that is on them.

Reaction Score

It had 15 other schools in it that could not perform or make good enough decisions or draw enough eyeballs to save their own conference.

They were divided as well. They could not generate enough money on their own to survive.

The same thing is happening with the ACC. It has 14 other schools who decided to sign the horrible, long ESPN contract/GOR.

They cannot draw enough TV eyeballs to generate enough cash to compete. They caused their own difficulties and cannot get out of their own way.

If 14 or 15 school conferences cannot keep their conference relevant, that is on them.
Exactly. Just like the PAC is jeopardizing their own existence, not the B1G or the Big12.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nope.
Actually you did. If Notre Dame doesn't side with the Basketball onlies they don't have the votes to split with the leverage that they had.

Actually, ESPN killed the Big East. They made a business decision that it was less expensive for them to pay the ACC a slight premium to take enough members from the Big East to destabilize it. It took a couple of tries but ultimately they were successful.

The Big East ratings were excellent some of the best in the nation consistently.

It wasn't ND's duty to abandon independence to "save" the Big East
No, it wasn't. Notre Dame looks after Notre Dame's interests and not the interests of the group it is arguably a part of. Something conferences should keep in mind when they're falling all over themselves offering Notre Dame membership. But, Notre Dame indisputably brings value. You just have to accept the bad with the good.

Really? What an odd coincidence. Oh well, I'm quite sure you'll land on your feet, even if that departure comes out a moment that's fatal to the rest of the conference.

Reaction Score

Buyer beware to future conferences. Be careful letting ND come in everything but FB. Look at what happened to the Big East and ACC. If the ACC crumbles who takes them in everything but FB next?

Reaction Score
Buyer beware to future conferences. Be careful letting ND come in everything but FB. Look at what happened to the Big East and ACC. If the ACC crumbles who takes them in everything but FB next?
Somebody will.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Well IMO it could only be the Big 12 or Big East. Any other conference would be a firm no or way to far-away.
I don’t think the Big12 would bite nor do I think it would be a match like the Old Big East or the ACC. I could be very wrong, though. The Big East? That’s my guess as to what would be the best fit.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the Big12 would bite nor do I think it would be a match like the Old Big East or the ACC. I could be very wrong, though. The Big East? That’s my guess as to what would be the best fit.
Both are a stretch to be honest. The Big East really only makes sense because of the Catholic identity and shared history.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Both are a stretch to be honest. The Big East really only makes sense because of the Catholic identity and shared history.
My thought too, but the Big East would let have a full Indy schedule with no commitments to any other conference. Is that worth something?

Reaction Score
Assuming Notre Dame remains independent and resigns a contract with NBC, surely NBC will want Notre Dame and the B1G to play each other more since NBC has vested interest in both parties.

Reaction Score
Assuming Notre Dame remains independent and resigns a contract with NBC, surely NBC will want Notre Dame and the B1G to play each other more since NBC has vested interest in both parties.

ND calls all of the shots

Reaction Score
Actually you did. If Notre Dame doesn't side with the Basketball onlies they don't have the votes to split with the leverage that they had.

Actually, ESPN killed the Big East. They made a business decision that it was less expensive for them to pay the ACC a slight premium to take enough members from the Big East to destabilize it. It took a couple of tries but ultimately they were successful.

The Big East ratings were excellent some of the best in the nation consistently.

No, it wasn't. Notre Dame looks after Notre Dame's interests and not the interests of the group it is arguably a part of. Something conferences should keep in mind when they're falling all over themselves offering Notre Dame membership. But, Notre Dame indisputably brings value. You just have to accept the bad with the good.

Really? What an odd coincidence. Oh well, I'm quite sure you'll land on your feet, even if that departure comes out a moment that's fatal to the rest of the conference.
Want to explain why the other 15 schools (Big East) and 14 schools (ACC) could not and cannot get their own acts together to "save" their own conferences without ND ????

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Want to explain why the other 15 schools (Big East) and 14 schools (ACC) could not and cannot get their own acts together to "save" their own conferences without ND ????
Well, I just be guessing but perhaps because they didn't anticipate disloyalty and self dealing from within their own ranks?

Reaction Score

The Big East and ACC have had issues and perhaps not being able to satisfy the pure greed of media partners was one of them.

ND is just happy to be the blood sucking leech and milk the teet as long as possible and then move on to the next host.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom