Non-Key Tweets | Page 722 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 12h12 hours ago
In the not too distant future, WVU will likely have a chance to join the ACC. Right now WVU would have the votes.

Hickoryeer‏ @Hickoryeer 11h11 hours ago
BS

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 10h10 hours ago
its not BS.

Hickoryeer‏ @Hickoryeer 10h10 hours ago
I would be very happy however if it's not BS.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 10h10 hours ago
Replying to @Hickoryeer
Its not. Almost common knowledge that the ACC would prefer WVU to join along with ND.

Mark Snyder‏Verified account @Mark__Snyder
That new Big Ten TV deal is working out. U-M projects a $51.1 million distribution for FY 2018

John Bishop‏ @JohnBishop71
John Bishop Retweeted Mark Snyder

Gettin' paid. #Huskers could earn $51 million from B1G this upcoming fiscal year.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 6h6 hours ago
Doug Retweeted John Bishop

@theDudeofWV keep in mind that teams like Ohio state and Nebraska bring in over 10 million on separate tier 3 deals with IMG

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV
Replying to @NebGradDubDub
WVU gets $11M total from its T3 package.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Nebraska and OSU is much higher than 10 million. That's just IMG. point is, Texas and OU won't like this.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 4h4 hours ago
Chris doesn't understand Doug. He doesn't understand the money part, and he surly doesn't understand the huge difference in exposure of BTN

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 3h3 hours ago
Nebraska just tripled its revenue in 1 year with full membership. Purdue is bringing in more $ than OU. Funny

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 3h3 hours ago
Bringing in more money which is attached to payouts by each Conference...but of course not in total.

Not only has Nebraska increased their payouts and exposure in a massive way...but also have fully invested in Conf Network. *ownership*

But according to Dude of 3 months ago Nebraska wants back into the Big 12.

Brett McMurphy‏ @Brett_McMurphy
Michigan projects $51.1 million in conference revenue from B1G for 2018, up from $36.3M in 2017, due to new TV deal, @chengelis reports

RedDirtSports‏ @RedDirtSport 6h6 hours ago
RedDirtSports Retweeted Brett McMurphy

Somewhere David Boren sheepishly grins

Replying to @RedDirtSport
Cost to exit B12 over $500M

Matt Ballard‏ @Mballard85 4h4 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV @RedDirtSport
Here's this guy again, don't you have some horrible predictions to make with no basis to back them up?

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
No. I always have the facts. B12 bylaws a matter of public record. Read them.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
So WVU is going to the ACC when ND joins in full but Oklahoma can't get out of the GoR and bylaws? Wouldn't it cost WVU $500 million as well? The Dude being the Dude again. All is right with the world.

Reaction Score
The ACC is tired of telling WVU to stop begging so they just ignore them now.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 5h5 hours ago
Of all the illogical arguments Dude makes for OU not going to Big Ten in 2025 this is heads the list.

DCd6VnZXcAAwrno.jpg

You must ask...would FOX/ESPN/*NewMedia* in 2025 rather pay OU an extra 10-15 mil in Tier 1/2 $ to play in B1G content(markets) vs B12?

You must ask.. how much would FOX/BIG (BTN)value OU content/brand/market in adding their 3rd Tier content into current B1G 3rd Tier content?

Remember, If FOX is willing to pay OU __amount of $ in B1G 2025..they are not spending __amount to pay OU in B12 starting i2025.

So Dude is asking the wrong question. He needs to ask the wrong question to get the answer he wants.

You notice Dude is not bringing up his falsehoods anymore of B1G not being interested in OU because they are not AAU? Progress in Dudeville

Seanbo Sengo‏ @SeanboSengo 4h4 hours ago
If B1G schools get 51 mil , they will make more if OU brings in any amount over 51 mill

Replying to @SeanboSengo
I'm sorry...it's the wrong way of looking at it.. BIG has huge leverage at negotiating table with Sport Media because of multiple reasons.

Just take FOX for example: Would FOX rather pay OU 10 mil more a year to play in Big 10 vs playing in B12 in 2025? Answer is yes.

It's not about can OU bring in 51 mil in value..the question is can OU bring in the difference between being payed in B10 (10 extra)vs B12.

Oh, I understand. Just trying to make it simple

Yes, you understand. And yes, OU has the value to B1G and SEC ti be targeted for future expansion.

No doubt, PAC merger doesn't make work well for OU & KU. Works for other B12 schools of PAC will have them. Texas can do whatever they want.

Yes. There is not going to be a merger between PAC/B12. Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from the Dude..well..tied with top 36 things.

But Texas would get east coast exposure & gap between them and A&M will grow which would not set well with alumni

Replying to @SeanboSengo
PAC Presidents are not going to agree with a merger with Big 12. Will they try to poach a few schools again?..yes. Total merger?...no.

Agreed. They already turned down OU/OkSt combo once. Doesn't that say enough about other schools not named Texas

Yep. And now some (Only Dude) would have you believe total merger is in the cards? Perposterous.

First, I dont think there is any way PAC takes a religious school which also eliminates TCU. Best hope would be 18 if they get out of GOR

Murr‏ @MurrDCU 4h4 hours ago
PAC will probably not be interested in any deal not involving UTa. OU/OSU was voted down by the Presidents back then. Don't see KU/ISUeither

Replying to @MurrDCU @SeanboSengo
Yep.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV Jun 15
In the not too distant future, WVU will likely have a chance to join the ACC. Right now WVU would have the votes.

Seanbo Sengo‏ @SeanboSengo 11h11 hours ago
What time frame is the not so distant future

Replying to @SeanboSengo
ND.... it depends on ND.

Seanbo Sengo‏ @SeanboSengo 6h6 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
Then not so soon

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
Near future... 5-8 years... so not so soon.

Seanbo Sengo‏ @SeanboSengo 7h7 hours ago
End of B12 GOR

And I dont think it matters what ND does

I think it does. ACC will not go to 16 without ND as 15.

Agree to disagree. WV is an asset, goves ACCN not only more content but better content & large fan base. How long did B1G play w/11.

The problem is odd numbers are horrible on the schedule.

It is but still doable. Atlantic has FSU, Clem, Lou but Coastal has NC, VT. Coastal needs help. WV could do that. ND would be a bonus

ND is no fan of WVU and vice versa. Fortunately, WVU has Clemson, Pitt and VT pulling for them. See the 1994 story from NYT I tweeted.

Nothing ND can do if WV joins first

If you think through it you see a B12/P12 merger means more money for both than separately redoing new contracts.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ago
More than a few OU fans have criticized my take on OU's inability to get out of the GoR or why the price point may be too high for the B1G.

For the Big 10 to expand again the schools added must at least add $102 million in new TV revenue.

Anything less than $102 million per year and B1G shares decline. That's not going to happen.

You may point out - and rightly so - that the new B1G deal expires in 5 years.

But we don't know how the market will respond or what role carriage fees will pay.

It may be the B1G can only add revenue by going after OU... or the opposite could be true. The B12 may be in the better position.

I do know - what I think is a valid why out of the GoR - but its less valid for OU and Texas.

The fact is that the conference with the brand new TV deal makes more. That's why the SEC is last in network TV money. Oldest contract.

Right now the trend is for rights fees to decline and carriage fees to be less than what they are now.

If those two factors continue to trend down then the Big 12 likely stays intact.

Boozy McWhitetrash‏ @BoozyMac 7h7 hours ago
Law of diminishing returns.

Replying to @BoozyMac
Exactly... $52M = ($728M / 14) pear year. Add 2 and that drops to $45M.

STLBYU‏ @stlbyu 7h7 hours ago
Can you tell me how you calculated to get that number? I'm just trying to understand. What's the number to get in the B12 right now?

Replying to @stlbyu
See last tweet...just assume Michigan's number is correct.

Replying to @stlbyu
$51 x 2

Head Coach's Wife!‏ @CoachsWifeASU 7h7 hours ago
Soooooo, you're saying the ACC is gon' be rich?!?!

Replying to @CoachsWifeASU
If you believe Swofford.... yea..

Head Coach's Wife!‏ @CoachsWifeASU 7h7 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
I believe anything anyone tells me ever.

ESPN paid to lock down the ACC long-term. The money Swofford is pushing for ACCN maybe cheap in the long run.

STLBYU‏ @stlbyu 7h7 hours ago
Can you tell me how you calculated to get that number? I'm just trying to understand. What's the number to get in the B12 right now?

Replying to @stlbyu
Sorry that's B1G. The magic number for the B12 is about $35M. Yes, BYU is worth that.

DFW‏ @DerrikFredrick 7h7 hours ago
Personally I would rather see the Big XII intact with WV in the ACC/SEC.

Replying to @DerrikFredrick
My opinion is that regardless of what happens to the Big 12 that WVU moves the ACC eventually.

Replying to @theDudeofWV
I do love the Big 12, but it's not where we belong, but what if the SEC comes calling?

Depends.

On? Maybe I'm wrong but if both offer I can't see WVU not whistling Dixie. Bonus: to stick it in the eye of Tobacco Roads.

My personal opinion is that WVU is better off in the ACC. Many don't share that opinion.

I don't think you're necessarily wrong. I think culture wise WVU would be more at home in the SEC. what's the *earliest* ACC/SEC could hpn?

No question WVU is, by culture, a SEC school.

DFW‏ @DerrikFredrick 6h6 hours ago
Also unlike the ACC, I think the SEC actually wants WVU, but the timing is always off, and money/outside factors play into it.

I know the SEC has interest. But the SEC isn't going to be a bad guy. They don't take risks either.

Replying to @SeanboSengo
But the ACC will not go odd... and who but ND adds enough value? Plus the agreement ND has with the ACC.

Replying to @theDudeofWV
They have option to join in football. No say in what current 14 football schools do

ACC cannot add WVU without ND. Scheduling is the issue there.

It can be done. Even w 2 divisions, you can have a 3pod scheduling set up. 3 sets of 5 for sched purpose only. Play 2 from other sched pods.

Yes... also reduces those huge payouts. Freezes out G5 too. Which is what the P5 want.

Agree to disagree. WV is an asset, goves ACCN not only more content but better content & large fan base. How long did B1G play w/11.

Swofford is on record saying the ACC would add another team with ND. He didn't say anything about adding without ND.

Replying to @SeanboSengo
WVU is... WVU has traditional rivalries with Pitt, VT, Syracuse and even BC. Natural rivalries with NCST, UVA & even FSU.

Replying to @theDudeofWV
Exactly. You just made my point

4 B12 schools at or over $40M total. So T3 with something to Big 12 schools.

I'm not talking radio, signage, sponsorships, just T3 tv

Yea... that's what I'm talking about.

We would have to go over those numbers again

Replying to @SeanboSengo
WVU and Cuse had a heated rivalry once. Cuse was the only team Don Nehlen ever ran up the score on...

OU fans are some of the best in the world but they need to realize the B1G may not be the promised land & the B12 might not be bad.

Depends on next contract. Does small B12 footprint hurt. How much is B1G contract on 5 yrs. Does SEC rev continue to increase. SEC new deal

My opinion is B12 only survives if it poaches or merges with Pac 12. Merger most likely.

B12 makes more than PAC. Why would the bigger schools want to merge w/PAC if opportunity came to join B1G/SEC which make more money than B12

Replying to @SeanboSengo
Why? Expand footprint. Might be the only way to increase TV money.

Replying to @SeanboSengo
My assumption is that WVU and Baylor are not part of any potential merger.

Remember your rule. Does it make conf more money, schools more, networks more. If not all 3 then no expansion or merger

Replying to @SeanboSengo
It does. Say T3 rights revert back to schools. Say TV contract is more because it would have largest footprint in college football.

Replying to @SeanboSengo
Just the very fact they merge would mean less inventory available and likely increase bidding.

Replying to @SeanboSengo
A merger is the only way both the Big 12 and Pac 12 see primary TV money increase. WVU will not be part of it...

Depends on next contract. Does small B12 footprint hurt. How much is B1G contract on 5 yrs. Does SEC rev continue to increase. SEC new deal

If you look at the problems each conf has its clear that some type of relationship between the B12 and Pac 12 solves the issues both have.

A PAC merger would be nest for 6 of the 10 B12 schools but doubt it's better for OU, Tex, KU & diffently not WV.

Replying to @SeanboSengo
If you think through it you see a B12/P12 merger means more money for both than separately redoing new contracts.

Replying to @SeanboSengo
1. Reduction of inventory increases value. 2. More conf games for T3 or network 3. Better advertising rates.

Replying to @theDudeofWV
Thats what I said. But you need more than 1 school for a network. Not enough content individually aka LHN

A 20 school conf would have plenty of content.

But less viewers on West Coast and much less passion. How does that help OU and Texas when compared to B1G or SEC

Same way footprint helps the B1G.

Replying to @SeanboSengo
B1G didn't have an agreement for ND to rotate playing ACC schools in football. Adding WVU would mean fewer games with ND.

Replying to @SeanboSengo
ND is the big prize other than Texas. For whatever reason....

Baylor will be P5 until GOR runs out and no longer. Baylor will enforce GOR if its as strong as you have claimed

Replying to @SeanboSengo
Yes they will. They will try. A friend at IMG has told me one way he thinks WVU could get out.

Replying to @theDudeofWV
So is it iron-clad like has been claimef for years or not

I'll DM you.

Reaction Score
RedditCFB‏ @RedditCFB
California bans state travel to Texas, Alabama, Kentucky and South Dakota (includes public university sports teams)
12:29 AM - 23 Jun 2017

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted RedditCFB

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/878092582139592704 … Hey @thedudeofWV, about your sources telling you future merger between PAC & Big 12 is likely ... You crack me up.

James‏ @k5james 2h2 hours ago
James Retweeted Greg Flugaur

Right? I can really see P12 Presidents being stoked to be associated with WVU, Baylor, TCU...

Replying to @k5james
This includes Texas...University of Texas. PAC Presidents have no interest in merging with Big 12.

James‏ @k5james 1h1 hour ago
I think they would make an exception for Texas but why would Texas join P12?

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Exactly. Even if this travel ban goes away...what impression has it left on decision makers in Austin?

James‏ @k5james 55m55 minutes ago
Not only that but what financial sense would it make? P12 is worst positioned P4 in a post Big 12 world.

My next question to BTM: Does travel ban from state of California help Delany in getting University of Texas to Big Ten in 2025?

Andy smith‏ @Doctor_alesmith 1h1 hour ago
Replying to @flugempire
Doesn't most travel come out of the the althletic budge anyway that is generally non state funded

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Sure. But this ridiculous travel ban includes public universities in the states that were mentioned..including Texas.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV Jul 4
A few years ago I had a fairly good source at BTN. Something happened - my mistake - and that source decided to ignore me.

Until recently that is... It took two years but I have finally rehabilitated that relationship.

This source tells me unequivocally that the B1G has no plans to expand - especially with schools that not members of the AAU.

Apparently, there are only two programs the B1G would add: Texas and Notre Dame.

Of course adding either of those would mean another program gets added but lets not muddy the waters with that.

Jeffrey Fuller‏ @jjfuller72 Jul 4
Gotta think Kansas has an inside track... AAU and elevates BBall profile a lot.

Replying to @jjfuller72
KU isn't Texas or ND.

Replying to @jjfuller72
Source was pretty "damn" clear that the B1G doesn't want to expand to 16. Only the carrot of Texas or ND would convince them otherwise.

Here's the kicker. Oklahoma fans need to look away.

Source said if the B1G wanted OU they would be in the B1G already. Added that OU would jump on a B1G invite in a NYM but its not coming.

Source said OU would only get a look as 16 to Texas or ND being #15 and then only if OU is an AAU member.

I know I'm going to catch holy hell for this... but here goes.

The source said that Iowa State would be invited before OU. It's easier to ramp up athletics than it is to ramp up academics or become AAU.

Craig Amick‏ @camick27 9h9 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
You realize Notre Dame isn't AAU, right?

Yes. ND isn't AAU because of religious issues with some research.

Craig Amick‏ @camick27 7h7 hours ago
Which makes your "source" full of it. But we already all knew that.

They are not. The fact is the B1G would recognize that ND is not AAU because ND chooses not to be AAU.

glenn chaney‏ @wwgdchaney 6h6 hours ago
You stated that ND would be added and they are not AAU. And said that B1G wouldn't add a non AAU school. Get out of here with that bs

It's not BS. ND is not a member of the AAU because of religious issues with some federal research projects.

Still not a member so B1G won't add them.

Faux Lincoln Riley‏ @Lincoln_RileyOU Jul 4
Replying to @theDudeofWV
You remind me of a lady I met in Vegas that read palms. She told me I'd meet a twitter user that said stupid things. #immabeliever

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe Jul 4
It isn't as crazy as it sounds. If there is one thing that has always been underestimated in realignment it is the role of academics.

Now I am not sure the Big Ten would be interested in taking two teams from same state but that is another issue.

Faux Lincoln Riley‏ @Lincoln_RileyOU 13h13 hours ago
I'll bet Justin Biebers left nut that ISU has never come up in B1G exp discussions. Anyone that thinks it has is a massive potato.

Academics are far more important than fans want to believe.

Faux Lincoln Riley‏ @Lincoln_RileyOU 7h7 hours ago
Again, Iowa St rolled off your twitter tongue. Bruh, you're O'fer life on this subject. Stick to thinking Will Grier will be something

Iowa State is a member of the AAU. My source was using ISU as an example that unless OU gets AAU membership B1G will not look at them.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 6h6 hours ago
Dude has a legit point in questioning whether B10 would take non AAU school.

Big Ten history has already shown Dude to be incorrect (again). Michigan State became Big Ten member long before it became AAU member.

So no...Dude has no legit point. His arguments always come out from of one position......desperation.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 3h3 hours ago
I disagree. It is a very fair question whether a non-AAU team would be taken by the Big Ten in modern times.

The fact that they took MSU before they were AAU 75 years before the next round of realignment will commence doesn't prove anything.

So I think it remains an open question. I don't think anybody can argue that academics are extremely important In B10 exspansion calculus

If they become interested in expanding again. I would not be surprised at all if they have the same lineup in 2030 they do today.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub Jul 4
Replying to @theDudeofWV
you need a new source....read between the lines of Tom Osborne quotes last week. It's not hard.

Those quotes amount to nothing. They are like Bill Synder's quotes last summer

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 23h23 hours ago
Tom Osborne has been an AD, CFB committee member and a member of congress. Little more plugged in than Bill.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 14h14 hours ago
If there one truth to expansion talk it is the people who are making the decisions say nothing. Unless their name is boren of course.

Same person who shared with me UMD to the B1G.

Jeff Pounds‏ @jeffpounds 22h22 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
That's freaking ridiculous. The B1G would rather have ISU's academics vs. OU's top 5-10 nat'l brand in football? Lol ok.

TheOUBoomer‏ @TheOUBoomer 21h21 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
sorry dude, I'm not buying that. OUs academics are about the same as Nebraska.. wouldn't be a big issue. It's all about the $$

STLBYU‏ @stlbyu Jul 4
Replying to @theDudeofWV
In this climate it's inevitable ND goes to ACC & WVU follows. So I guess it comes down to TX. If TX stays then B12 survives & expands to 12?

STLBYU‏ @stlbyu Jul 4
If TX goes to B1G, ISU could follow? If that were to happen, OU & OSU to SEC? ND & WVU to ACC? Still don't see P12 taking 4/5 B12 leftovers.

The SEC is not taking two teams from the same state. Especially small state like Oklahoma.

CaboMark/ArubaMark‏ @markeverly 11h11 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
I talked to a source that said West Virginia will be dissolved and Puerto Rico will be State 50! WV does nothing for USA except inbreds

That's not original or funny.

B1G is right in that athletics could be improved far more quicky than academics.

Now you speakin for the B1G? What number do I call to donate to your moron-a-thon?

Replying to @Lincoln_RileyOU @MarkKochenderfe
Moron? I'm not going to put out info you want to hear. I'm going to put out info I believe is accurate.

The facts say my source is accurate. The B1G passed on OU in 2010-11. Why? What has changed to make OU more desirable in 2017?

The B1G's actions in the past - adding UMD & RU - instead of OU, KU & Mizzou are consistent with what my source said.

Even though KU & Mizzou are AAU the B1G looked elsewhere? Why? They need a market large enough to add money.

Replying to @theDudeofWV @MarkKochenderfe
Ur embarrassing yourself. St Louis market not big enough? Stop talking to ur fake source and give @flugempire a call for the real scoop.

Really? Go ahead and buy stock in the guy who refuses to do a podcast with me.

Here's where I point out to you that OU's TV market is smaller than both KU & Mizzou's.

Obviously the B1G values academics more than success on the field.

All this stuff about OU leaving is coming from fans. B1G isn't interested. So get over it.

Replying to @Lincoln_RileyOU @MarkKochenderfe @flugempire
Ask Flugar about this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD_0VcDUQAAyk83.jpg

Ask him about this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD_1CYTXcAAI8p5.jpg

Do you want more? If you believe anything Flugar says you are an idiot.

This is my favorite. Flug's BTM was saying Fox was all behind B12 expansion.

DD_1nLCWsAEASFU.jpg

So I challenge you this. Go back & read what Flugar said about the Big 12 & the B1G. Find one thing he was right about. Or up front on...

Paul Clark‏ @cyclonereport 6h6 hours ago
Is Big 10 going to poach Iowa St from a viable Big 12? No need. If Big 12 is no longer...different convo. AAU = elite research univ, period.

Replying to @cyclonereport @Lincoln_RileyOU @MarkKochenderfe
I don't follow that arguement. OU is a far better fit & has far more value to the SEC than the B1G. Why is that hard to accept?

What is this fascination with the B1G?

Faux Lincoln Riley‏ @Lincoln_RileyOU 6h6 hours ago
Zero. Fascinated by your web of lies. B1G's not adding anyone that doesn't add money to a new TV contract. UT/ND ain't B1G'in

Nobody is. Are you being dense on purpose?

It is clearly inferior to the SEC & it's TV deal is higher only because it was the last one to get done. SEC has the oldest.

I guarantee you that OU - not being AAU - would have at least 4 no votes.

Replying to @cyclonereport
Only Sooner fans & B1G fanboys think the B12 goes boom. Most see the B12 is better positioned with new revenue models.

The evidence is clear. Look at my tweets & articles about the Big 12 & Flugar's posts. Flugar was totally off base.

My bet is this: if the current economic trends continue the B12 either merges with the P12 or poaches 2-4 schools from the P12.

Replying to @Lincoln_RileyOU @cyclonereport @MarkKochenderfe
Let me put it to you simply.

OU's TV market is too small to provide enough additional revenue to overcome the fact they are not in the AAU.

Replying to @MarkKochenderfe @Lincoln_RileyOU
College presidents are ego monsters. They care more about academics than sports.

Replying to @wwgdchaney @camick27
If ND wanted to be a member of the AAU they would be admitted as soon as they expressed interest.

OU is not a member of the AAU because they do not currently meet the standards for admission.

There is a big difference in why ND isn't AAU & why OU isn't AAU.

STLBYU‏ @stlbyu 6h6 hours ago
@flugempire What is your source saying about only AAU members will get B1G invite? How many & who from the B12 are AAU members?

Daniel Mountcastle‏ @Expansion_Crush 4h4 hours ago
AAU members with a strong athletic history will get a hard look. But don't expect Rice or Tulane.

Replying to @Expansion_Crush @stlbyu
No private organization membership is going to determine the potential list of full time or affiliate membership to Big Ten Conference.

Replying to @flugempire @Expansion_Crush @stlbyu
Big Ten wants like-minded institutions..large flagship schools with research as main identity. Some, not all, AAU schls match description.

Michigan State was Big Ten before it became AAU. That fact of history alone smashes this ridiculous myth.

Replying to @MarkKochenderfe @theDudeofWV @Lincoln_RileyOU
Big Ten history has already shown Dude to be incorrect (again). Michigan State became Big Ten member long before it became AAU member.

So no...Dude has no legit point. His arguments always come out from of one position......desperation.

I disagree. It is a very fair question whether a non-AAU team would be taken by the Big Ten in modern times.

The fact that they took MSU before they were AAU 75 years before the next round of realignment will commence doesn't prove anything.

So I think it remains an open question. I don't think anybody can argue that academics are extremely important In B10 exspansion calculus

If they become interested in expanding again. I would not be surprised at all if they have the same lineup in 2030 they do today.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 7h7 hours ago
Membership in AAU is part of core identity of their institutions. All AAU except NU who used to be.

College presidents are ego monsters. They care more about academics than sports.

dayooper

Reaction Score
To much talk for an ego maniac like the dude to let it slide.

dayooper

Reaction Score
I don't think the dud has a good grasp of what it means to be AAU. He says ND is choosing not to be AAU, but do they have the metrics to be? I always thought that, while ND is a fantastic school, especially undergrad, their graduate research wasn't close to what is happening in the AAU. Maybe I'm wrong in this, but wouldn't that eliminate them from AAU consideration?

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I don't think the dud has a good grasp of what it means to be AAU. He says ND is choosing not to be AAU, but do they have the metrics to be? I always thought that, while ND is a fantastic school, especially undergrad, their graduate research wasn't close to what is happening in the AAU. Maybe I'm wrong in this, but wouldn't that eliminate them from AAU consideration?
No he is way off; we would have to invest heavily to even get in consideration.. That has, and likely won't ever be our mission.
Our metric's would not even registrar; we do not do the amount of research that is needed.

Reaction Score

Catholic University of America vs Northwestern University vs University of Notre...

The above has former AAU member, Catholic University of America, at 24.3 million in research, and Notre Dame at $191 million.

Doesn't say if that money is qualified, peer-reviewed funding, but Notre Dame looks pretty good in comparison (even at twice the size). Northwestern, on the other hand, is at $656 million...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Notre Dame doesn't have a med school. We all know what happens if you don't have a med school.

Reaction Score
A few years ago I had a fairly good source at BTN. Something happened - my mistake - and that source decided to ignore me.

Until recently that is... It took two years but I have finally rehabilitated that relationship.

This source tells me unequivocally that the B1G has no plans to expand - especially with schools that not members of the AAU.

Apparently, there are only two programs the B1G would add: Texas and Notre Dame.

Of course adding either of those would mean another program gets added but lets not muddy the waters with that.

Jeffrey Fuller‏ @jjfuller72 Jul 4
Gotta think Kansas has an inside track... AAU and elevates BBall profile a lot.

Replying to @jjfuller72
KU isn't Texas or ND.

Replying to @jjfuller72
Source was pretty "damn" clear that the B1G doesn't want to expand to 16. Only the carrot of Texas or ND would convince them otherwise.

Here's the kicker. Oklahoma fans need to look away.

Source said if the B1G wanted OU they would be in the B1G already. Added that OU would jump on a B1G invite in a NYM but its not coming.

Source said OU would only get a look as 16 to Texas or ND being #15 and then only if OU is an AAU member.

I know I'm going to catch holy hell for this... but here goes.

The source said that Iowa State would be invited before OU. It's easier to ramp up athletics than it is to ramp up academics or become AAU.

Craig Amick‏ @camick27 9h9 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
You realize Notre Dame isn't AAU, right?

Yes. ND isn't AAU because of religious issues with some research.

Craig Amick‏ @camick27 7h7 hours ago
Which makes your "source" full of it. But we already all knew that.

They are not. The fact is the B1G would recognize that ND is not AAU because ND chooses not to be AAU.

You stated that ND would be added and they are not AAU. And said that B1G wouldn't add a non AAU school. Get out of here with that bs

It's not BS. ND is not a member of the AAU because of religious issues with some federal research projects.

Still not a member so B1G won't add them.

Faux Lincoln Riley‏ @Lincoln_RileyOU Jul 4
Replying to @theDudeofWV
You remind me of a lady I met in Vegas that read palms. She told me I'd meet a twitter user that said stupid things. #immabeliever

It isn't as crazy as it sounds. If there is one thing that has always been underestimated in realignment it is the role of academics.

Now I am not sure the Big Ten would be interested in taking two teams from same state but that is another issue.

Faux Lincoln Riley‏ @Lincoln_RileyOU 13h13 hours ago
I'll bet Justin Biebers left nut that ISU has never come up in B1G exp discussions. Anyone that thinks it has is a massive potato.

Academics are far more important than fans want to believe.

Again, Iowa St rolled off your twitter tongue. Bruh, you're O'fer life on this subject. Stick to thinking Will Grier will be something

Iowa State is a member of the AAU. My source was using ISU as an example that unless OU gets AAU membership B1G will not look at them.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 6h6 hours ago
Dude has a legit point in questioning whether B10 would take non AAU school.

So no...Dude has no legit point. His arguments always come out from of one position.desperation.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub Jul 4
Replying to @theDudeofWV
you need a new source....read between the lines of Tom Osborne quotes last week. It's not hard.

Those quotes amount to nothing. They are like Bill Synder's quotes last summer

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 23h23 hours ago
Tom Osborne has been an AD, CFB committee member and a member of congress. Little more plugged in than Bill.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 14h14 hours ago
If there one truth to expansion talk it is the people who are making the decisions say nothing. Unless their name is boren of course.

Same person who shared with me UMD to the B1G.

Jeff Pounds‏ @jeffpounds 22h22 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
That's freaking ridiculous. The B1G would rather have ISU's academics vs. OU's top 5-10 nat'l brand in football? Lol ok.

TheOUBoomer‏ @TheOUBoomer 21h21 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
sorry dude, I'm not buying that. OUs academics are about the same as Nebraska.. wouldn't be a big issue. It's all about the $$

STLBYU‏ @stlbyu Jul 4
Replying to @theDudeofWV
In this climate it's inevitable ND goes to ACC & WVU follows. So I guess it comes down to TX. If TX stays then B12 survives & expands to 12?

STLBYU‏ @stlbyu Jul 4
If TX goes to B1G, ISU could follow? If that were to happen, OU & OSU to SEC? ND & WVU to ACC? Still don't see P12 taking 4/5 B12 leftovers.

The SEC is not taking two teams from the same state. Especially small state like Oklahoma.

CaboMark/ArubaMark‏ @markeverly 11h11 hours ago
Replying to @theDudeofWV
I talked to a source that said West Virginia will be dissolved and Puerto Rico will be State 50! WV does nothing for USA except inbreds

That's not original or funny.

B1G is right in that athletics could be improved far more quicky than academics.

Now you speakin for the B1G? What number do I call to donate to your moron-a-thon?

Moron? I'm not going to put out info you want to hear. I'm going to put out info I believe is accurate.

The facts say my source is accurate. The B1G passed on OU in 2010-11. Why? What has changed to make OU more desirable in 2017?

The B1G's actions in the past - adding UMD & RU - instead of OU, KU & Mizzou are consistent with what my source said.

Even though KU & Mizzou are AAU the B1G looked elsewhere? Why? They need a market large enough to add money.

Replying to @theDudeofWV @MarkKochenderfe
Ur embarrassing yourself. St Louis market not big enough? Stop talking to ur fake source and give @flugempire a call for the real scoop.

Really? Go ahead and buy stock in the guy who refuses to do a podcast with me.

Here's where I point out to you that OU's TV market is smaller than both KU & Mizzou's.

Obviously the B1G values academics more than success on the field.

All this stuff about OU leaving is coming from fans. B1G isn't interested. So get over it.

Replying to @Lincoln_RileyOU @MarkKochenderfe @flugempire
Ask Flugar about this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD_0VcDUQAAyk83.jpg

Ask him about this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD_1CYTXcAAI8p5.jpg

Do you want more? If you believe anything Flugar says you are an idiot.

This is my favorite. Flug's BTM was saying Fox was all behind B12 expansion.

DD_1nLCWsAEASFU.jpg

So I challenge you this. Go back & read what Flugar said about the Big 12 & the B1G. Find one thing he was right about. Or up front on...

Paul Clark‏ @cyclonereport 6h6 hours ago
Is Big 10 going to poach Iowa St from a viable Big 12? No need. If Big 12 is no longer...different convo. AAU = elite research univ, period.

I don't follow that arguement. OU is a far better fit & has far more value to the SEC than the B1G. Why is that hard to accept?

What is this fascination with the B1G?

Faux Lincoln Riley‏ @Lincoln_RileyOU 6h6 hours ago
Zero. Fascinated by your web of lies. B1G's not adding anyone that doesn't add money to a new TV contract. UT/ND ain't B1G'in

Nobody is. Are you being dense on purpose?

It is clearly inferior to the SEC & it's TV deal is higher only because it was the last one to get done. SEC has the oldest.

I guarantee you that OU - not being AAU - would have at least 4 no votes.

Only Sooner fans & B1G fanboys think the B12 goes boom. Most see the B12 is better positioned with new revenue models.

The evidence is clear. Look at my tweets & articles about the Big 12 & Flugar's posts. Flugar was totally off base.

My bet is this: if the current economic trends continue the B12 either merges with the P12 or poaches 2-4 schools from the P12.

Let me put it to you simply.

OU's TV market is too small to provide enough additional revenue to overcome the fact they are not in the AAU.

Replying to @MarkKochenderfe @Lincoln_RileyOU

If ND wanted to be a member of the AAU they would be admitted as soon as they expressed interest.

OU is not a member of the AAU because they do not currently meet the standards for admission.

There is a big difference in why ND isn't AAU & why OU isn't AAU.

STLBYU‏ @stlbyu 6h6 hours ago
@flugempire What is your source saying about only AAU members will get B1G invite? How many & who from the B12 are AAU members?

Daniel Mountcastle‏ @Expansion_Crush 4h4 hours ago
AAU members with a strong athletic history will get a hard look. But don't expect Rice or Tulane.

Replying to @Expansion_Crush @stlbyu
No private organization membership is going to determine the potential list of full time or affiliate membership to Big Ten Conference.

Big Ten wants like-minded institutions..large flagship schools with research as main identity. Some, not all, AAU schls match description.

Michigan State was Big Ten before it became AAU. That fact of history alone smashes this ridiculous myth.

So no...Dude has no legit point. His arguments always come out from of one position.desperation.

Mark Kochenderfer‏ @MarkKochenderfe 7h7 hours ago
Membership in AAU is part of core identity of their institutions. All AAU except NU who used to be.

What the are these two trying to do, bore me to death?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To recap, the Dude believes that B1G is not looking to expand but would consider Notre Dame or Texas. Pretty freaking amazing prediction Nostadamus.

I miss the days when this was the discussion:
DD_1CYTXcAAI8p5.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
Here's a picture of The Dood giving a lecture on his latest conference realignment revelations to a spellbound audience...

empty-classroom-with-jp-de-ruiter.jpg
Gotta say, his mom's basement is pretty nice!

Reaction Score
Here's a picture of The Dood giving a lecture on his latest conference realignment revelations to a spellbound audience...

empty-classroom-with-jp-de-ruiter.jpg
...and wow when you said spellbound you were not joking, he made them all invisible.

Reaction Score
Always so amusing seeing Dude trying to justify why WVU won't die in college football when everyone else knows that they will the second the Big 12 dies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
WVU football went from big fish in small pond to umm a little fish in big pond. Can't sleep not feeling very clever

Reaction Score
WVU did the right thing. The only thing.

As the water was rapidly receding, trapping fish in tidal pools, they caught a last wave out to the sea.

Those trapped by the receding tide still thrash in the shallow pools while the waves crashing in the big water are so near.

Sure, they are swimming with bigger fish, but they are swimming.

CL82

Reaction Score
WVU did the right thing. The only thing.

As the water was rapidly receding, trapping fish in tidal pools, they caught a last wave out to the sea.

Those trapped by the receding tide still thrash in the shallow pools while the waves crashing in the big water are so near.

Sure, they are swimming with bigger fish, but they are swimming.
I don't disagree that WVU acted in their own best interest. The move has had some problems, but it is better than not being a P5 team. Hypothetical, if WVU had stayed would they have gotten the last ACC spot instead of Louisville? I know they didn't have a lot of support, but I think they compare favorably to Louisville.

dayooper

Reaction Score
I don't disagree that WVU acted in their own best interest. The move has had some problems, but it is better than not being a P5 team. Hypothetical, if WVU had stayed would they have gotten the last ACC spot instead of Louisville? I know they didn't have a lot of support, but I think they compare favorably to Louisville.

I don't think so. While WVU is good in basketball, they aren't on Louisville (or UConn's) level. Louisville was palatable to both the football factions and Tobacco Road.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom