Non-Key Tweets | Page 721 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
True regarding cost of living. CT certainly has its problems these days.

Also a true story, on the contrary: my wife watches those crime shows on Oxygen, the ones that lay out these real life crimes and follow through the story until sentencing. This weekend there were four straight stories that took place in Tampa or north to the panhandle. There seems to be a lot of trashy and stupid criminals in Florida.

Reaction Score
Yeah....everywhere. One from Connecticut has been much in the news as well.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Read bottom to this top:
1hGreg Flugaur @flugempire
Keep in mind: BTM in Spring of 2015, stated from a B1G perspective, KU & OU would be the next targets of EXP and ACC would get their ACCN.
https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire

BTM, who most recently broke the Fleck hiring/Claeys firing @MinnesotaScout on Dec 25th, 2 days before Gophs Bowl win, will give us Update.
https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire

One last reminder: Dinner with BTM tomorrow night. BTM comments on B1G perspective in Realignment/Expansion will be tweeted out.

Reaction Score
Read bottom to this top:
Keep in mind: BTM in Spring of 2015, stated from a B1G perspective, KU & OU would be the next targets of EXP and ACC would get their ACCN.

BTM, who most recently broke the Fleck hiring/Claeys firing @MinnesotaScout on Dec 25th, 2 days before Gophs Bowl win, will give us Update.

One last reminder: Dinner with BTM tomorrow night. BTM comments on B1G perspective in Realignment/Expansion will be tweeted out.

BTM ? LOL.. Oh Flug. He has been right before but I have a tough time with the BTM part.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

020.jpg

Reaction Score
Please take that post with the grain of salt that I meant it to be....I did find the supposed connection of interest, but certainly without any kind of real merit.

Reaction Score
BTM: From B10 perspective this aggressive pitch from SEC will endanger B10 hopes of landing Oklahoma in 2022.

BTM: B10 100% believes SEC, not wanting B10 at the border of Texas, will make an aggressive pitch for OU/OSU.

BTM: Oklahoma has knowledge, a perception Kansas is B10 bound regardless of their own future position in Realignment.

BTM: B10 targeting Kansas is completely independent of what decision Oklahoma makes in 2022.

BTM: Kansas matches current profile SEC is looking for, SEC recognizes Kansas value, but Kansas 1st choice is B10

BTM: From B10 perspective SEC will not make serious play for Kansas.

BTM: From B10 perspective SEC wants to move West in their next expansion just they did with Missouri and TAMU.

BTM: From B10 perspective PAC is not much of a threat to obtain Oklahoma.

BTM: From B10 perspective SEC will make a huge play for OU. PAC will make their interest known once again.

BTM: Boren knows. He knows OU own T3 ends 2022. He also knows B10 new Media deal up in 2022.

BTM: Schools in B12 will need resolution long before June 30th, 2025, the day the current B12 GOR officially dies.

BTM: I brought up to you 8 or 9 months ago the importance of 2021/22 in settling the future and the reasons why.

BTM:All of Boren's public comments in last few days are consistent with everything OU Contacts have said & we informed you since March 2015.

BTM: Oklahoma and Kansas want out of B12. They want to attach their future to different associations.

BTM: B12 is not working on these issues. They threw their towel in unofficially around Sept 22nd, 2016. Officially Oct 17th, 2016.

BTM: PAC are working through a minefield of issues in attempting to improve their exposure.

BTM: You Greg,have always heard me talk about importance for the Presidents wanting to gain opportunities & exposure for their Universities.

BTM: People get caught up in Conference Payouts. These numbers are important, very important. But they are just one factor in many.

BTM: But at end of day these PAC schools have no interest in changing their associations.

BTM: PAC wants to improve themselves, their value, their 3T distribution model, possibly.

BTM: For example: USC, UCLA and Stanford don't want out of PAC. They do not want to change their associations.

BTM: We will get into the reasons next but let's get this out of the way. OU & KU want out, and they will get out.

BTM: The reason B12 will lose schools in 2022 is because a couple of schools want to change their associations.

BTM: Texas Football winning the National Championship in 2005 did not stop other B12 schools from leaving years after.

BTM: B12 will not heal they self by having Oklahoma win the National Championship in Football in 2017 or 2018.

BTM: B12 issues can't be solved by changing the outside perception of the Conference.

Dinner is finished.

Reaction Score
Did the dinner include hallucinogenic mushrooms?
But wait, there's more

BTM: B10 HCKY Coaches and Athletic Directors have pitched their desire of adding North Dakota to B10 HCKY Conference to Jim Delany.

Me: I asked BTM what's the latest he has heard on B10 HCKY expansion.

BTM: Navy doesn't want to put their Football Program into P5 setting. Too many ACC schools don't want WVU as member.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 3m3 minutes ago

BTM: If Notre Dame would ever choose to be a member of ACC I would assume, but I do not know, that UCONN would become serious candidate.

BTM: I don't know anybody who seriously believes there are talks going on right now for ND to become member of ACC.

BTM: From B10 perspective we thought Notre Dame was seriously thinking about joining ACC 2/3 years ago. We were wrong.

Me: I just asked BTM about Notre Dame and ACC.

BTM: SEC, on their part, will make it very difficult for Oklahoma, politically, to turn down SEC Invite which will include OSU.

BTM: In a few years Kansas will become part of the B10 and this will have a great pull for Oklahoma to not leave this opportunity behind.

BTM: It's very easy for Kansas and Oklahoma to witness what the B10 association has accomplished for Nebraska.

BTM: Lack of exposure in Research & Academic circles for B12 schls has now infected its Athletic Programs to reach higher levels of exposure

BTM: I repeat myself, but the disease B12 is carrying around is lack of exposure. Its inability to market and brand itself.

BTM: News will be breaking soon on LHN receiving limited play on Direct TV in some fashion.

BTM: Texas & ESPN will move as many Texas schls as possible to PAC as long as PAC gives some equity of PACN into LHN in some manner or form.

BTM: LHN will not continue to function as it currently stands. B10 believes UT will eventually move to PAC.

BTM: B10 would almost do anything to get Texas into the conference for the next 100 years. But Longhorns, at this time, are out of reach.

BTM: B10, at this time, doesn't see any opening to obtaining Texas into its conference.

BTM: If OU chooses B10, B10 perspective is SEC would stand still.

BTM:Without Oklahoma B10 will still pursue KU.We know this to be true. Who B10 pursues for 16 is not known. Won't be known until OU decides.

BTM: OU is the ignition switch in next wave of Realignment. OU knows their position. Other schools know this as well including Texas.

BTM: B10 knows OU is very interested in obtaining B10 invite. OU knows B10 wants them in the B10 Conference.
No secrets.

BTM: For B10 its OU/KU (and it has been for quite sometime)
For SEC it's landing OU through OU/OSU tied together invite.

BTM: This is the lay of the land. Both B10 & SEC are aware of each Conference targets.

There are no secrets.
Only planning.

BTM: OU/OSU sharing same media market will not factor negatively into this particular desire for SEC to land both schools.

BTM: ESPN created LHN to keep Texas out of PAC and B10. ESPN/SEC will go all out to keep B10 out of Oklahoma.
Keep B10 off Texas Border.

BTM: OU/OSU combo going to SEC is very plausible scenario. Greatest threat to B10 plans going forward.

Reaction Score

1. I'm going to quit tweeting so I can have a drink. I will try to answer your questions later tonight. This concludes BTM Dinner tweets
  2. Seaa Blue said:
    hallelujah
  3. BTM: B10 is fortunate Kansas and Oklahoma both have tremendous interest in making 100 year decision with B10.
BTM: Spring of 2015 when B10 knew of ESPN plans to actually, truthfully carry out their promises of growing exposure for ACC schls = ACCN.

Me: To switch back to B10 Expansion. How long has it been B10 plan to obtain Oklahoma & Kansas in 2022/2024?

BTM: Mark Coyle had a plan. President of Minnesota made it possible Coyle could activate plan.

BTM: We obtained details of plan on Dec 23rd, plan created prior to Dec. Plan of action was carried out. Not anymore complicated.

ME:I'm asking you this question knowing you can't answer it precisely,but can you give us any info on how you broke this on @MinnesotaScout?

ME:I've been asked to ask you how did you get right date:time(few hours off)on Claeys Firing/Fleck's hiring 216 hours prior to it happening?

BTM: But we have some information that those close to MN/WI Programs believes it will get done.

BTM: North Dakota is not B10 like-minded-School. This will be the trip wire if it does not happen.

BTM: North Dakota President Mark Kennedy would accept invite if given.

BTM: We are now waiting for B10 President meeting late Summer to see if they take up vote for invite.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So if BTM is breaking news on the Minnesota scout site - why is this elaborate Big Ten Man! persona?

Why doesn't he just post it himself sometime.

Whole lot of nothing there by the way. Oklahoma and Kansas want out of the Big 12. Who knew?!?

dayooper

Reaction Score
Let's just say that "BTM" has inside info (it's the non-key tweet thread, it runs wild with rumors). The biggest thing he said for UConn was that Kansas and Oklahoma are independent of each other and that Kansas' first choice in the Big10. If Oklahoma chooses to go to the SEC, he is saying that the Big10 will still take Kansas. Who would be the 16th? He says Texas is out of reach. There isn't another Big12 school that that fits the bill. Assuming no ACC, SEC or PAC schools would jump, that leaves slim pickins. The best bet, in my humble opinion would be UConn.

East/West divisions would look like this:

East: UConn, Rutgers, Maryland, PSU, OSU, Michigan, MSU and Indiana
West: Purdue, NW, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

Seven divisional games and 2 crossovers. Indiana and Purdue have a permanent crossover game and would only get 1 true crossover.

Or you could go to the dynamic pod idea where two Pods become a division for a couple of years and you alternate. They might look like this:

Pod 1: UConn, Maryland, Rutgers and PSU
Pod 2: Michigan, OSU, MSU and Indiana
Pod 3: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nw, Illinois
Pod 4: Iowa, Purdue, Nebraska and Kansas

You would have your seven divisional games and two crossovers with Indiana and Purdue being permanent crossovers.

dayooper

Reaction Score
It's silly season again:

Bluevod @Bluevodreal
·52m

Sounds like we got a deal!!!! Hooked horns and Sooner Boomer

Texas and Oklahoma to the Big10. Go ahead and laugh.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's silly season again:

Bluevod @Bluevodreal
·52m

Sounds like we got a deal!!!! Hooked horns and Sooner Boomer

Texas and Oklahoma to the Big10. Go ahead and laugh.
TO paraphrase Bachman Turner Overdrive:

'Any change is good change, so I'll just take what I can get.'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom