Non-Key Tweets | Page 713 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well sheesh who am I to argue with that sort of intellectual superiority. You got it all figured out. You must be making billions of dollars with all this foresight into the world.

If you'd like to get sarcastic.... I hope you weren't selling those cellphones that keep exploding.

You'd be well served to take your own advice though.

Reaction Score
If you'd like to get sarcastic.... I hope you weren't selling those cellphones that keep exploding.

You'd be well served to take your own advice though.

Resorting to playing dirty, I see. Considering you've been taking jabs at so many people in this thread, it's clear you're not really debating from a position of strength or logic. You're simply distracting people from the facts by lobbing insults and taking jabs at people. Surest sign you never really had an argument to begin with.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Resorting to playing dirty, I see. Considering you've been taking jabs at so many people in this thread, it's clear you're not really debating from a position of strength or logic. You're simply distracting people from the facts by lobbing insults and taking jabs at people. Surest sign you never really had an argument to begin with.

You were the one who got sarcastic with me. So don't be a baby when you take a shot.

You want to tell me I'm wrong about where the Big 12 is headed? I just might be - but don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about while being naive enough to believe that Flug has sources.

I'm not debating from a place of logic... it's just blind luck how often I'm right. The posts are all here to read - and plenty of people told me how wrong I was then too.

I'll extend an olive branch: You are a clearly a bright guy. We hire a lot of people in the Southeast if you still live there. Don't know where you are professionally but if are looking for a day job we are in need of bright people and could probably get you some interviews if you want to send me a DM.

Reaction Score
GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 3h3 hours ago
I'm going to laugh at #Big12 schools who get left out of a power conference when #UT and #Sooners screw them by leaving. Serves them right!!

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 3h3 hours ago
Only two good things I can take out of dumpster fire that is the #Big12? 1) If #OKState gets in real conference 2) Now a lifelong #BYU fan

ME: It remains to be seen where oSu goes. Unless they can latch on to OU wherever they go or the SEC somehow finds them valuable they could end up with the leftovers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I love watching someone so in love with himself he is unable to be embarrassed. Priceless.

I love watching losers who bragged about blocking me dozens of times comment on my posts.

Maybe when a middle aged man moves away from mostly naked children in his avatar we can take him seriously.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No offense but I predicted it from the start and made the point on day 1 that the impact to their future negotiations with media partners would be negatively impacted.

We can go back in the archives if you'd like. We can also grab all the threads where I predicted the ACC was going to be fine and FSU and Clemson weren't going anywhere. That was also a very unpopular opinion that proved right.

Expanding would not make the Big 12 any more stable. Every single
team they could have expanded with now will still be available when their GOR expires.

Texas and Oklahoma may ultimately stay for the exact same reason that Florida State and Clemson were never leaving the ACC. It's their best path to the CFB playoff.

Schools competing for football national championships are a lot more interested in their path to the playoffs than a few million marginal
dollars in television revenue.

Most of the Board said no expansion was the most likely outcome.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ok Waylon did they say it in July.

We have a thread called "the kick we will receive" where the whole board posted. Pretty much everyone but the most optimistic Husky fans said this, and I have no problem with them being optimistic rather than being cynical jerks that predict doom so they can celebrate disaster.

But since this thread has become the "Whaler 'I Told You So' " tour, the part I can't understand is why, if you have such prescient visions into the future, do you advocate a strategy of staying in the AAC and losing millions that is guaranteed to fail?

Reaction Score
We have a thread called "the kick we will receive" where the whole board posted. Pretty much everyone but the most optimistic Husky fans said this, and I have no problem with them being optimistic rather than being cynical jerks that predict doom so they can celebrate disaster.

But since this thread has become the "Whaler 'I Told You So' " tour, the part I can't understand is why, if you have such prescient visions into the future, do you advocate a strategy of staying in the AAC and losing millions that is guaranteed to fail?
Only issue I have with this post is that you advocate running to the Big East for an additional 2 million year, while putting FB in a terrible position. If we think we struggle with attendance now, imagine what that will be like in a lesser conference/independent. The extra two million will evaporate on lost football attendance alone.

Unless you're just in favor of dropping FB altogether, going to the BE when we will have to pay a 10 million dollar exit fee is just a non starter.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's the only conclusion to keep pushing for joining the big East.

I'm not disputing the argument. Just pointing out that he has said many times that we should drop football. Bringing it up for him is just going to start that discussion all over again.

Reaction Score
I'm not disputing the argument. Just pointing out that he has said many times that we should drop football. Bringing it up for him is just going to start that discussion all over again.
My bad. I've heard him tout independent football, but never to drop the sport.

Reaction Score
Whaler has been mostly right...and there is nothing wrong with touting your prognostication success IMHO (I do not see that as arrogant and it doesn't threaten me in any way).

Heck...there were many wondering if there was enough short term "value added" to justify an expansion. And wondering if that herd of cats in the Big 12 could move in a singular direction.

With a Commissioner who the Presidents appear to view as a meeting planner, it is like steering a ship when someone has unhooked the rudder from the wheel.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Since you want to go there. I'm not celebrating anything - this all started discussing morons like you who believe anyone on twitter who claim to have sources.

A: That's not what's in your thread. Do you need me to prove it?

B: Your ideas for the future are idiotic. Yes the only thing UConn can do is stay in the American.

Reaction Score
I love watching losers who bragged about blocking me dozens of times comment on my posts.

Maybe when a middle aged man moves away from mostly naked children in his avatar we can take him seriously.

I have an adult woman as my avatar and you have a cartoon character. You really can't make this sheet up. But you keep trying.

By the way...here's a clue seeing I know you don't have one.

The difference between you and 95% of this board? They/we post an opinion on the subject at hand to contribute to the atmosphere. You only post to be right AND tell the other people how right you are and how wrong they are. Fact.

Please continue the "Whaler11 be all that" tour. What's your opening act "Chief and his ?"

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No offense but I predicted it from the start and made the point on day 1 that the impact to their future negotiations with media partners would be negatively impacted.

We can go back in the archives if you'd like.
<-- True - you did say that and it was insightful.

We can also grab all the threads where I predicted the ACC was going to be fine and FSU and Clemson weren't going anywhere. That was also a very unpopular opinion that proved right.
<--I don't recall it that way. Many on the Boneyard including myself did not belief that the ACC would break apart. That wasn't a great leap or keen insight, it was common sense.

Expanding would not make the Big 12 any more stable. Every single
team they could have expanded with now will still be available when their GOR expires.
<--This chapter is hardly over. You can't declare victory here until the GOR is extended through at least 2030 to be more on par with the ACC.

Texas and Oklahoma may ultimately stay for the exact same reason that Florida State and Clemson were never leaving the ACC. It's their best path to the CFB playoff.
<--And yet they won't extend the GOR? Why? Because the TV people spent this summer waking them up to the new cable box reality. They also learned a boat load about media markets and advertiser needs from the consulting firms brought in for this whole expansion circus and I am sure what they saw was alarming, the B12 as it stands does not have the market power to match the ACC, B1G, SEC and PAC in a more disciplined media rights landscape. When it becomes crystal clear that the next media deal will put the B12 well behind the other conferences, they will look to take that off ramp. Its difficult to say however if the other conf will have an on ramp at that point.

Schools competing for football national championships are a lot more interested in their path to the playoffs than a few million marginal
<--we'll see - you'll be right when the B12 GOR is extended with UT and OU as members.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
<-- True - you did say that and it was insightful.

<--I don't recall it that way. Many on the Boneyard including myself did not belief that the ACC would break apart. That wasn't a great leap or keen insight, it was common sense.

<--This chapter is hardly over. You can't declare victory here until the GOR is extended through at least 2030 to be more on par with the ACC.

<--And yet they won't extend the GOR? Why? Because the TV people spent this summer waking them up to the new cable box reality. They also learned a boat load about media markets and advertiser needs from the consulting firms brought in for this whole expansion circus and I am sure what they saw was alarming, the B12 as it stands does not have the market power to match the ACC, B1G, SEC and PAC in a more disciplined media rights landscape. When it becomes crystal clear that the next media deal will put the B12 well behind the other conferences, they will look to take that off ramp. Its difficult to say however if the other conf will have an on ramp at that point.

<--we'll see - you'll be right when the B12 GOR is extended with UT and OU as members.

You recall it incorrectly about the ACC. There are thousands of
posts here about how they were the dead P5 conference.

The Big 12 GOR hasn't been extended because there isn't any reason to do so. When 2025 rolls around and revenue is declining - Oklahoma isn't going to be the solution to any problem. They are going to have zero outs.

Every MWC and AAC school
is going nowhere. They are pretty much shut out for eternity.

Reaction Score

The Big 12 GOR hasn't been extended because there isn't any reason to do so. When 2025 rolls around and revenue is declining - Oklahoma isn't going to be the solution to any problem. They are going to have zero outs.

Every MWC and AAC school

To be fair, the ACC posts were prior to their network being announced when there were audible grumblings out of Georgia Tech, FSU and some others that the GOR they had signed was worthless without the network.

Prior to the network announcement, I think it was fair to question the longterm viability of the ACC.

You deserve credit for being right when you were right, but I don't anyone here can necessarily slam other people's takes (outside of those who advocated UConn dropping football) when circumstances were very much fluid.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And there were thousands who said it was staying. You were hardly alone on this one.

There will be pressure and opportunity at the expiration of the B12 GOR for UT and OU to move. It will be the last move. Their is the chance market dynamics give the PAC, SEC, B1G or ACC the fuel to add a super state like Texas to the revenue machine, even in a declining revenue world.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And there were thousands who said it was staying. You were hardly alone on this one.

There will be pressure and opportunity at the expiration of the B12 GOR for UT and OU to move. It will be the last move. Their is the chance market dynamics give the PAC, SEC, B1G or ACC the fuel to add a super state like Texas to the revenue machine, even in a declining revenue world.

There was almost no one saying the ACC would survive. That is not even close to what the narrative was at the the time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
To be fair, the ACC posts were prior to their network being announced when there were audible grumblings out of Georgia Tech, FSU and some others that the GOR they had signed was worthless without the network.

Prior to the network announcement, I think it was fair to question the longterm viability of the ACC.

You deserve credit for being right when you were right, but I don't anyone here can necessarily slam other people's takes (outside of those who advocated UConn dropping football) when circumstances were very much fluid.

Wrong time frame. ACC doom was the narrative 18-24 months ago.

I'm not slamming anyone's takes here - I get that most people post based on what they want to happen.

Again this all started about the fantasy that Flugar has contacts and provides inside insight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Every MWC and AAC school

I said repeatedly that anyone who predicted the pending death of the ACC was not credible. Don't paint with a broad brush like you're the only one that held that position, many here did. The simple reality is and always was, that they have key institutions in some of the most rapidly growing states in the country, and are well positioned, even if the SEC and B1G have encroached on their turf (which was arguably the most valuable of all the conferences).

As an alumn of a current B12 law school, I was always wary that those schools wouldn't have the vision to see the reality. They are highly local, provincial places, who don't really want to associate with anyone outside the region (including WVU). I hoped that they'd get past it, but I'm not terribly surprised that they didn't. I think Boren knew that the footprint was holding the league back, but the fans and others simply love the fact that they have the last geographically cohesive 10 team round robin league. In many ways, they are correct that in an ideal world they'd be able to keep it as is.

Reaction Score

Texas and Oklahoma can't get into the football playoffs today as the XII stands. Thus, thus I suspect that they would be glad to face the same problem in the ACC/B1G/PAC/SEC while making several million dollars more a year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Texas and Oklahoma can't get into the football playoffs today as the XII stands. Thus, thus I suspect that they would be glad to face the same problem in the ACC/B1G/PAC/SEC while making several million dollars more a year.

I could see a $20MM+ per year chasm opening up in 2025 between the B12 and the avg of the others. If the media outlets provide any grease to move, it will be difficult to ignore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom