Non-Key Tweets | Page 678 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
40 days and 2 hours...tick, tick, tick...

1. UH 2. BYU 3. UC 4. UCONN

Chances of expansion 70%. Chances of taking ESPN/Fox money to not expand 30%. Chance of adding 4 instead of 2 10%.

Chance a disgruntled fan base raids B12 HQ in Dallas 1000%.

UH 100%. BYU 70%. UC 20%. UCONN 10%.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
So the final interviews are ongoing and these will really decide if we add 13 and 14.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
I'm no Houston supporter but they have had some impressive ratings when playing P5 schools. It's being drummed to death.

ME: As the Flug would say, whiplash. :D

The dude is clueless.

Reaction Score
You go Bob:

Bob Duff ‏@senatorduff 29m 29 minutes ago
Remember when @UConnMBB went from last in the Big East to 7 conference titles? @Big12Expansion is an opportunity for even greater success.

Bob Duff ‏@senatorduff 20m 20 minutes ago
Since 1999, no other men's bball team has won more Div 1 titles than @UConn (4). Wouldn't that be a nice addition to the @Big12Conference

In less than 10 years, @UConnFootball went from Division I-AA to the Fiesta Bowl. @Big12Expansion is a platform to even bigger achievement.

Last edited:

jho

Reaction Score
You go Bob:

Remember when @UConnMBB went from last in the Big East to 7 conference titles? @Big12Expansion is an opportunity for even greater success.

Since 1999, no other men's bball team has won more Div 1 titles than @UConn (4). Wouldn't that be a nice addition to the @Big12Conference

In less than 10 years, @UConnFootball went from Division I-AA to the Fiesta Bowl. @Big12Expansion is a platform to even bigger achievement.
The Duffman strikes again. Oh, yeah!

Reaction Score
You go Bob:

Chuck Carlton@ChuckCarltonDMN 3 mins ago
Majority leader of the Connecticut Senate with a series of Big 12 expansion tweets.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The Big 12 already made a long term decision, based on short term results by adding TCU. I hope they do not make that mistake again. TCU is a private school with a limited fan base, that is one bad coaching hire away from being a disaster P5 addition. Does anyone believe Herman is going to stay at Houston, when someone like LSU comes calling?

TCU has worked out just fine because there is a huge alumni base in DFW from the rest of the conference that carries the attendance. I know it's hard to believe but little private schools like TCU, SMU, Rice, and Baylor have lots of wealthy alumni which gives them a huge financial advantage over some public schools such as CSU who struggle to generate income from ticket sales and donations. Pony Express 30 for 30 shows this, as does Baylor having a 100 million $ AD, new stadium, TCU has a new stadium as well. TCU works because of it's location and it's great as the conference gets spread out as a school can fly a team to DFW and play 4-5 games without flying anywhere. When you look at how concentrated he conference is in North Texas it's not the worst thing to have a few outliers so kids get a bit of travel. Essentially fly to KC for KU, KSU, and ISU. Fly to Pittsburgh for WVU. Fly to several airports to play UConn. It's really just not that much travel when it comes right down to it because 5 schools are so close and another 3 are close. Hell if it ends up being Houston, BYU, Cinci, and UConn a school like UConn could fly a team into Houston and bus thier way through most of the conference flying home from KC with nothing more than a couple of hour drive between most games.

Pretty much every team is a bad hire away from being a disaster. I lived in Norman during the 90's and got to see OU being down with hires. If OU can go down the tubes so can most of the country. TCU has the same advantage as Houston with lots of local talent which helps and now that they are a Big 12 member they will likely always be able to get 30k people to show up for a game no matter how bad they get because schools like TT, Baylor, UT, OU, OSU have so many alumni in the area.

I have a feeling that UConn will have the best presentation from a president's standpoint and will also get high marks from TV partners, especially if there is some sort of network involved. Hopefully educating the conference about the football facilites, NFL talent, commitment, etc.. will convince those who doubt the ability for UConn football to compete in the conference. Sounds like the airport issue will be addressed which should clear up any questions about travel time comparisons which should be a good thing looking at minutes instead of a map. I think the off campus stadium is going to be looked at as nobody else in the conference does that but overall I would think that the presentations will go really good for UConn as there is nothing to hide like will be the case with other like BYU (weird religious code of conduct, anti gay, etc), CSU (lack of $ and fan support), etc..

Reaction Score
You go Bob:

Not a fan of this guy based on his voting rec. BUT give him major credit for getting involved. Look how easy it was for Duff to get retweeted by Carlton and the positive pub it brought. Understand most here not fans of Malloy-Murray-Blumie but don't think it would hurt for them to at least wave the flag like the Duffster.

Reaction Score
Besides their mothers... where the hell do these people come from?

Ryan G Thomas ‏@Running_Ryan 8m 8 minutes ago
@Big12Conference Has BYU in football only, UConn in everything but football, and UH in everything been considered? Checks a lot of boxes.

It's been discussed a bit on the LT board.

It's a crazy scenario for sure. Allow BYU football and UConn everything else to compete in the conference. Giving both the option of full membership at a later date if the "sunday play" issues is addressed and to give UConn time to continue to build the FB program up. Let Uconn take the FB games on BYU's schedule.

Cinci would be pissed, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
How the heck does UH check a lot of boxes compared to UConn/BYU in terms of athletics??

That's a good one. Only thing I can see is coaching. Houston has had some really good coaches in the last 10 years from Briles, Sumlin, Holgerson, Kingsbury, and now TH. But they always leave.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's been discussed a bit on the LT board.

It's a crazy scenario for sure. Allow BYU football and UConn everything else to compete in the conference. Giving both the option of full membership at a later date if the "sunday play" issues is addressed and to give UConn time to continue to build the FB program up. Let Uconn take the FB games on BYU's schedule.

Cinci would be pissed, that's for sure.

UConn would need a scheduling alliance like ND has with the ACC in order to make Independent football work. Remember, the main Independent team that would actually play you joins a conference in this scenario. So that leaves what...Army? It won't happen, and doesn't need to as UConn football is being badly underestimated.

Reaction Score
I disagree with MountainMan. Texas and Texas Tech already own the Dallas area, the last thing the Big 12 needed was another Texas team near Dallas, particularly a small private school. TCU was not a good add. It should have been Louisville and WVU last time. UConn would be in the ACC, where they actually belong, and we could take BYU and Houston now, or BYU and UC.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 already made a long term decision, based on short term results by adding TCU. I hope they do not make that mistake again. TCU is a private school with a limited fan base, that is one bad coaching hire away from being a disaster P5 addition. Does anyone believe Herman is going to stay at Houston, when someone like LSU comes calling?

TCU was one of the strangest picks ever. To their credit, they have been quite competitive and have represented the conference well. But even up until a week or so before they were announced, influential Big 12 characters like T Boone Pickens and DeLoss Dodds were saying they added absolutely nothing to the conference. It just goes to show how impossible it is to predict what will happen.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
TCU was one of the strangest picks ever. To their credit, they have been quite competitive and have represented the conference well. But even up until a week or so before they were announced, influential Big 12 characters like T Boone Pickens and DeLoss Dodds were saying they added absolutely nothing to the conference. It just goes to show how impossible it is to predict what will happen.
In a great many instances, old and rich is synonymous with conservative and selfish, which makes one very wary of change unless they can very clearly foresee the benefit to their personal interests. It makes sense too. In there mind, why fix something that ain't broke? In their case, make alterations to a situation in which they were very successful and influential.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom