Non-Key Tweets | Page 673 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Ethan Moore ‏@_EthanMoore · 1h1 hour ago
How much longer does the Big 12 need? Grab BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, and UConn and be done with it.

Chadd Scott ‏@ChaddScott · 1h1 hour ago
@_EthanMoore
that's the 4 I'd take

If any of schools in or out of Big 12 respected league/leadership, there wouldn't be all of these expansion leaks.

ACC worked on a TV network with ESPN for 3 years w/o a single morsel of info leaking; Big 12 can't go a day w/o "reports" on expansion.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 1h1 hour ago
It’s just a countdown until the end. Clown show.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 58m58 minutes ago
Every time the ACC has expanded, the deal has been done by the time it became public

Chadd Scott
@ChaddScott

Oversee content at @gridironnow.

Reaction Score
Well, not true, but it certainly didnt take a millennium.
And at least they weren't hosting a private-but-pretty-public tryout, with a bunch of red herring teams that were never under consideration.

The Big 12 has yet to accomplish anything in this entire process. Congrats, you've "cut" your list to 8, or 10, or a dozen schools. That's not an accomplishment when there were only maybe 6 that you've ever seriously considered.

Reaction Score
How is this a worse process than the ACC? Just voting on a lousy community college.

UT is the most powerful college so they have tons of needs and wants. Takes time to deal with that.

And at least they weren't hosting a private-but-pretty-public tryout, with a bunch of red herring teams that were never under consideration.

The Big 12 has yet to accomplish anything in this entire process. Congrats, you've "cut" your list to 8, or 10, or a dozen schools. That's not an accomplishment when there were only maybe 6 that you've ever seriously considered.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Stole this from the CNSbbs board. Better than the "The Bachelor" parodies.

Big12HungerGames.jpg.b02261e4165f197c0e151b1168ddb99e.jpg

Reaction Score
How is this a worse process than the ACC? Just voting on a lousy community college.

UT is the most powerful college so they have tons of needs and wants. Takes time to deal with that.
The ACC didn't make the process a public spectacle. Most thought Uconn was a shoe-in until it wasn't picked.
There wasn't a pro-longed debate or process in which UofL was pitted against Uconn.
As for Syracuse and Pitt, along with the other moves in the first raid, most we more very much a closed process. very few had knowledge prior to the actual announcement. Same with The BIG. You can't compare the process because the public wasn't part of it.

But, then go back to WVU and the Big 12. Again, their process became a public spectacle in which UofL was pitted against WVU.

They seem to be the only conference that can't keep its in-house matters private. Or, they are the only conference that prefers to play out their matters in public to gauge public perception. However you view it, it isn't a positive to make other academic institutions publicly grovel.

Reaction Score

funny. Blauds seemed to have an early read and has been quoted all over the place but as time moves on, they've really only cut the list by a handful. there are still over 10 if you listen or read the mediots. Even the above has 13 still hoping.

Reaction Score
You know, it occurs to me that Big 12 Expansion only seems like a clown show because of all of the tweeters and mediots.

Basically the Big 12 said July that they'd explore expansion and then in August that they'd consider about 20 schools and now they're down to 12 or so. In a vacuum that wouldn't be bad at all.

The only thing that makes it infuriating is that so many people have been saying for so long who it's going to be and when it's going to be.

Look at WWII. It turned out well for the US but it would've looked like a disaster too if Lambert, Flug, Swaim, Carlton etc.. had started tweeting in January 1942 that the D-Day Landing would be in Calais on February first.

Reaction Score
You know, it occurs to me that Big 12 Expansion only seems like a clown show because of all of the tweeters and mediots.

Basically the Big 12 said July that they'd explore expansion and then in August that they'd consider about 20 schools and now they're down to 12 or so. In a vacuum that wouldn't be bad at all.

The only thing that makes it infuriating is that so many people have been saying for so long who it's going to be and when it's going to be.

Look at WWII. It turned out well for the US but it would've looked like a disaster too if Lambert, Flug, S , Carlton etc.. had started tweeting in January 1942 that the D-Day Landing would be in Calais on February first.
100 percent agree. Big 12 has said very little. Its the speculators who have turned this into a spectacle. We on the outside of the P5 looking in , are the real fools in this. We pay too much attention to these attention seekers. Such is the world these days with social media I guess.

Reaction Score

Look at WWII. It turned out well for the US but it would've looked like a disaster too if Lambert, Flug, S , Carlton etc.. had started tweeting in January 1942 that the D-Day Landing would be in Calais on February first.

I mean, the fact that they let schools like Arkansas State and ECU pitch to them helped contribute to the clown car nature of the process. I mean come on, you don't need to be fair about this. There are maybe 6 schools who would actually help the conference, no reason to let 14 others think they have a chance.

Reaction Score
The problem is there's legitimate info that's leaked to legitimate reporters. People like McMurphy aren't being fed these lists by vague sources that a Flug/Dude uses, it's coming from high-ups within the athletic departments themselves. If there was solid leadership at the conference level and the universities were on the same page, these leaks wouldn't be happening.

Reaction Score
I mean, the fact that they let schools like Arkansas State and ECU pitch to them helped contribute to the clown car nature of the process. I mean come on, you don't need to be fair about this. There are maybe 6 schools who would actually help the conference, no reason to let 14 others think they have a chance.
I think that was a trial balloon. They will evaluate everyone who is interested. There were some in the Big 12 believing they could lure ACC and Pac12 schools. If they open it up to everyone and get no hits from other P5 schools the realist can then tell them to stfu, Clemson and FSU didnt inquire.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That was due to some school's local politics. Someone didn't want to be in position to defend expansion if a school claimed they were never given the opportunity to be considered. The B-12 announced to anyone who wanted to throw their hat in the ring that a formal letter to their attorney's office was the means to do so. That a handful of schools likely were given previous instructions and the letters to the attorney were immediately tossed will never be made public.

Reaction Score
The problem is there's legitimate info that's leaked to legitimate reporters. People like McMurphy aren't being fed these lists by vague sources that a Flug/Dude uses, it's coming from high-ups within the athletic departments themselves. If there was solid leadership at the conference level and the universities were on the same page, these leaks wouldn't be happening.

Maybe. Or maybe not. The Sources aren't named, sometimes they even contradict each other and I've even seen these "journalists" quote each other.

But I won't say no more about it lest somebody think I'm adding to your frustration by defending the Big 12.

I can feel your pain. I'm frustrated by the process too. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Reaction Score
Maybe. Or maybe not. The Sources aren't named, sometimes they even contradict each other and I've even seen these "journalists" quote each other.

But I won't say no more about it lest somebody think I'm adding to your frustration by defending the Big 12.

I can feel your pain. I'm frustrated by the process too. And that's all I'm going to say about that.
I agree the journalists are questioning one another, but I have great difficulty believing the national reporters aren't getting their info direct from a school or the conference. The fact that they aren't agreeing with one another would speak to the idea that different schools are leaking different information. And is that really something hard to believe is going on in the Big 12?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not a tweet... and not sure what www.metro.us is (pretty sure it's non-key), but I like what this guy is saying about UConn.

UConn, South Florida to get Big 12 expansion call? BYU may be left out
One could easily make the case that UConn is the top college sports program in America that does not hold a seat in a major college conference. Will the Huskies finally get invited to a power conference, or will they once again be left behind by the NCAA's fat cats?

We'll find out the answer to that in October when Big 12 presidents meet to decide the future of the conference, specifically expansion, but for now let's take a look at UConn's chances and take a look at some other favorites.

read more:

UConn, South Florida to get Big 12 expansion call? BYU may be left out – Metro

Reaction Score
Not a tweet... and not sure what www.metro.us is (pretty sure it's non-key), but I like what this guy is saying about UConn.

UConn, South Florida to get Big 12 expansion call? BYU may be left out
One could easily make the case that UConn is the top college sports program in America that does not hold a seat in a major college conference. Will the Huskies finally get invited to a power conference, or will they once again be left behind by the NCAA's fat cats?

We'll find out the answer to that in October when Big 12 presidents meet to decide the future of the conference, specifically expansion, but for now let's take a look at UConn's chances and take a look at some other favorites.

read more: UConn, South Florida to get Big 12 expansion call? BYU may be left out – Metro

Writer is a UConn alum.

Reaction Score

Ha! This is how ridiculous this whole exercise has gotten. It must be a sham designed to extort the networks into giving more $$ to the existing conference members. Why else would Memphis and Tulane still be in the running? And why is the whole process being run in the public eye (including obvious leaks) when the other conferences have shown it is something you do covertly? The only way it could be legitimate is if the B12 decision makers are a bunch of ludicrous characters with out-of-control egos.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
In observing all of this confusion and chaos of who will finally be asked to join the Big 12 conference,I would hope that each Big 12's presidents wife does not send them out to do the grocery shopping,because they will not be back for at least a week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom