Non-Key Tweets | Page 229 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
How did he come up with $450 million? The by-laws refer to the "Buyout Amount (as defined below)" but that part isn't included in what he attached to his tweet, and the second attachment states that the "financial consequences... cannot be measured or estimated with certainty at this time".

450 million was from the revised contract signed by all members. The Dood told me that the original agreed upon amount was going to be eleventy gillion dollars + two sheep and a bath tub full of moon shine. It was negotiated down because only Texas could ever afford to pay that.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
How do you define elite? Top-10 doesn't qualify? TCU was #5 in RPI last year.

How about this: take the leftovers from that league, add UConn, Cincy, Memphis, UCF, SMU, BYU, Colorado State, and Boise State. That's a 14-team league, the same as the B1G and the ACC (for football). That league ranks higher than the B1G or ACC by both average and mean RPI in both football and basketball last year.

On the field, the conference is fine.

Just no traditional powers.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I still say the key to the current Big 12 GOR is that it is an addendum to the existing TV contract. If the existing TV contract gets renegotiated the GOR goes away until it gets renegotiated as part of the new TV contract. I am not a lawyer though.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 1h 1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @geoffmitchell Why?
Why have informal meetings heating up? ACC GOR is real..Much like B12 GOR. So why?...how?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 1h 1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @geoffmitchell How could a FSU or Clemson leave before ACC GOR is up? You explain that..maybe some will believe.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @geoffmitchell I won't..but some will. How does an ACC school circumvent their own GOR?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @geoffmitchell Chris, you are the one who believes GORs can be ripped up..you talk about it constantly/ACCGOR

@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @geoffmitchell Make up your mind Chris..can an ACC team leave the conf over its GOR or not?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 58m 58 minutes ago
Not sure why am asking the dude..he has me on block
Guy goes back and forth on all sides on every issue..to follow him leads to whiplash

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @geoffmitchell So believe me when I say the Big 12 is united, strong & in the position to be the conf doing the hunting.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 23m 23 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @geoffmitchell B12 is not expanding Chris. Not with G5 schools..not with P5 schools. OU not hunting for B12

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell · 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV that's the best news- that OU wants to see progress. They and KU need to be the real leaders of B12. #TweetoftheYear

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17m17 minutes ago
@geoffmitchell I deleted the tweets. I want to talk about it badly but something’s are best kept secret.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 13m 13 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @geoffmitchell we already seen them Chris OU is hunting ACC school. But you just said this week the ACC GOR is not tied to ACCN

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV @geoffmitchell OU is looking for exit sign... Not looking for 11 th member of B12

Reaction Score
George Perrett ‏@GTPLords86 · 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire any substantive expansion news or hints come out of B1G meetings

@GTPLords86 No.

George Perrett ‏@GTPLords86 · 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire disappointing and curious given new TV contract around corner but Delany flies under radar. Can't believe that issue is dead.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 47m 47 minutes ago
@GTPLords86 These meetings were never going to be about expansion. The result of the TV negotiations will show us if a B1G expansion 2019..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 46m 46 minutes ago
@GTPLords86 ...is possible with 1/2 G5 schools if B1G is interested. I think there will be an open envelope for expansion in TV contract.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4h 4 hours ago
http://www.ibtimes.com/espn-fox-cbs-nbc-explain-why-cost-tv-sports-going-keep-going-1931749… Please read. This is why live sports content is King. And this is why 65 is not the end game to P5 expansion

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4h 4 hours ago
http://www.ibtimes.com/espn-fox-cbs-nbc-explain-why-cost-tv-sports-going-keep-going-1931749… B1G New TV Contract is going to be massive!

Reaction Score

I hope the contract IS massive.... The CT market is not cheap!!

Reaction Score
Here's the rub:
Just using my family as an example: In Southington we have Cox Cable. The B1G network is only available via subscription a la HBO. When it was first conceived, the B1G was available in other areas as expanded basic for 10 cents a subscriber in Non-B1G areas & 80 cents in B1G states. When my daughter & son-in-law bought their home, they went with basic-basic cable & added an Apple TV appliance to access Hulu & Netflix. Is the B1G Network available in this manor? Kids today find ways not to pay add on prices. Where will the $$$ come from to pay future contracts? The balloon has to burst.

Reaction Score
At some point in the future there will be bundling for streaming services for live TV.

Similar to how Netflix has to negotiate for content access, I expect ESPN and Fox sports properties to eventually make it over to streaming services for a nominal monthly fee. I don't think it will shift that much that quickly, but by the early 2020s, sure.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Floog and the Dood show tonight.

Between the Boneyard and Twitter clearly people have imbibed this weekend. The stupidity is off the charts.

Reaction Score
The GoR?

As the differential between the SEC/B1G and the ACC/B12 gets larger and larger, that number is going to get easier to pay for the bigger conferences. And too tempting for a handful of players. You are back in 2002/2003 Big East world and you cheat on the side trying not to lose at Musical chairs.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 3h 3 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 The most important part of these numbers is B1G Revenue is growing at or more than other P5...while using old 2006 contract

@OmegaSupreme914 The people who understand this fact knows gap will explode again in 2017 with B1G new TV contract and SECN at full power

@OmegaSupreme914 These numbers..and especially numbers in 2017 will sew instability throughout ACC unless they get ACCN..and in B12.

Transic_nyc ‏@Transic_nyc · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire In the end ESPiN will move to solidify ACC at the expense of B12; SEC, B1G, PAC benefit as well but not as consequential.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@Transic_nyc I agree. Which leaves B12 with no leverage as they enter negotiations with FOX at about 2025. Weak positioning by B12

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
These clowns couldn't predict tomorrow's weather if you spotted them a laptop and weather.gov. I love when they make predictions about 2025.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Floog is just as bad as the Dood. After declaring a Dood free zone he sent a few more dozens messages to him.

Reaction Score
when you fast forward to 2025, is the Big12 in for a dose of reality? Have we seen how this plays out already in watching the demise of the Big East? Just don't see how this plays out in a positive way for the group as a whole. A select group of schools in that conference may have a soft landing, but I see some getting pushed out. Maybe getting relegated to a weaker 'P5' conference with some of the remaining G5 schools is a possibility(uconn, cincy, Boise, BYU, etc). problem there is that the original B12 contract would have expired so there wouldn't be much leverage with the networks.

If the conference were truly looking long-term, wouldn't you make an investment now and get a couple g5 schools up and running so that they would be perceived/valued as P5 schools when the negotiations begin? Still have time, but nothing coming out of that leadership suggests this is a path they want to go down.

Yes it's a P5 conference today, but if it becomes Uconn's landing spot, I think I'd be nervous about what the opportunity costs of joining that conference would be. If I'm Uconn I shop that invite around, but in the end if that's the only offer, I don't see turning it down a viable option...

Reaction Score
Floog is just as bad as the Dood. After declaring a Dood free zone he sent a few more dozens messages to him.
Agreed. I think people can get access to inside information on an occasional basis. People slip and share too much. I got inside info about MD going to the B1G right around the time it hit the mass rumor mill (after non-insiders like me got the information and ran to message boards). But if someone claims to have an inside source that gives them open access they are either being used to disseminate info, the insider is going to get fired and sued, or they're lying (or being lied to).

I get intrigued when random people start discussing things they've heard first hand. I kept my MD info quiet because I was asked to. I was hoping to be able to share eventual UConn news, but my friend's strong insider is no longer an insider. I don't blink when I see Yoda, Mver, Dood, and now Floog make comments.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think people can get access to inside information on an occasional basis. People slip and share too much. I got inside info about MD going to the B1G right around the time it hit the mass rumor mill (after non-insiders like me got the information and ran to message boards). But if someone claims to have an inside source that gives them open access they are either being used to disseminate info, the insider is going to get fired and sued, or they're lying (or being lied to).

I get intrigued when random people start discussing things they've heard first hand. I kept my MD info quiet because I was asked to. I was hoping to be able to share eventual UConn news, but my friend's strong insider is no longer an insider. I don't blink when I see Yoda, Mver, Dood, and now Floog make comments.
This is a college realignment fan reality show. I don't know what's worse, the Kardashians or this. At least the Kardashians made money.

Reaction Score
I don't think you have to spend much time shopping an offer in 2025. If UConn is still in the AAC then it's fairly safe to say that the ACC and Big Ten aren't ever calling.
I can't imagine how dreadful 'Non Key Tweets' will become in a year or so let alone the next 10 years. I was thinking more along the lines of the Big12 expanding within the next couple years.

does Uconn football even exist in 2025 if they never make it out of the AAC? asked differently, how long does Uconn commit to a P5 AD without the P5 conference?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can't imagine how dreadful 'Non Key Tweets' will become in a year or so let alone the next 10 years. I was thinking more along the lines of the Big12 expanding within the next couple years.

does Uconn football even exist in 2025 if they never make it out of the AAC? asked differently, how long does Uconn commit to a P5 AD without the P5 conference?

I don't think so no.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom