Non-Key Tweets | Page 980 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Good luck with that one. Duke likely would anger its alumni and other donors if it went B12. The amount of money they could lose by upsetting these generous folks is much more than what they would earn from the new conference when compared to ACC revenue. Just look at what happened with Harvard. Alumni donors got angry at the president. They stopped donations. The university forced out the president. Lesson for Duke here.
If the ACC starts to disintegrate (especially UNC leaving) there would be little resistance to a similar move for Duke among the fans/alumni/donors.

Reaction Score
If the ACC starts to disintegrate (especially UNC leaving) there would be little resistance to a similar move for Duke among the fans/alumni/donors.
We are not talking about donations at the UConn level when it comes to Duke. Their alumni also believe in traditions. More than 90,000 Duke University alumni and friends gave nearly $543 million in fiscal year 2023

Reaction Score
We are not talking about donations at the UConn level when it comes to Duke. Their alumni also believe in traditions. More than 90,000 Duke University alumni and friends gave nearly $543 million in fiscal year 2023
Think in terms of rule 1 and you will have your answer

Reaction Score
I don't know when FSU will finally figure a way out of the GOR, but clearly they want out because they believe their football program is at a distinct disadvantage in the ACC. When that happens then the barn door is open and I think UVA and UNC end up in the BiG. FSU probably ends up in the SEC even after kicks and screams. I don't know if the SEC cares about Clemson all that much.

After that, who knows. Some will flee to the Big12 and others will reformulate the conference presumably. I do think that there is a chance that type of disruption is beneficial for UCONN. But, again, who knows.......

Reaction Score
Their alumni believe in Duke. Full Stop.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
IMG_1961.jpeg

Well that's encouraging.

Reaction Score
This list is based on Football, which of course will skew UConn negatively. This is a better indicator overall, where we can see UConn is the last P5-level G5 generator left
Well, if is ONLY based on FB, UConn would be a lot lower, don't you think?

Reaction Score
So after some digging it looks like the data comes from this tweet and basketball success is taken into account. The fact we are so high from Basketball alone is a great sign. With an OK team I'm assuming we would be ahead of the last G5s. We are not at our athletic department ceiling, the other guys are or are very close

Reaction Score
Also take a look at this. Obviously besides massive basketball revenue we are already spending as much as recent addition Houston and nearly as much as WVU, Cincy, OSU, and Wazzu

Reaction Score
So after some digging it looks like the data comes from this tweet and basketball success is taken into account. The fact we are so high from Basketball alone is a great sign. With an OK team I'm assuming we would be ahead of the last G5s. We are not at our athletic department ceiling, the other guys are or are very close
So that is good to know. If UConn goes to a bowl and wins it this year they will make a jump in that particular ranking even though it would likely require several years to make a lot of improvement.

Reaction Score
So that is good to know. If UConn goes to a bowl and wins it this year they will make a jump in that particular ranking even though it would likely require several years to make a lot of improvement.
Well yeah, it could take time. My point was UConn already spends and generates more than any other G5. We are the only one left taking in 100M annually; the other G5s at this level all made the jump recently.

We are already at the level to join the P5 financially with basketball alone

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Also take a look at this. Obviously besides massive basketball revenue we are already spending as much as recent addition Houston and nearly as much as WVU, Cincy, OSU, and Wazzu
The only positive I get from this is that for as much as Rutgers spends on football, they suck (compared to their Px conference mates). If we could right shift to where Kentucky is on that graph, that may help a bit...but winning would help a lot more.

Reaction Score

More chatter recently about WSU/OSU resurrecting the PAC from the dead. Don’t know if they can pull it off, but interesting.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score

More chatter recently about WSU/OSU resurrecting the PAC from the dead. Don’t know if they can pull it off, but interesting.

A Gonzaga member/UConn football only with some guaranteed OOC basketball games might be a good deal for everyone involved

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom