Non-Key Tweets | Page 694 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
IS this a joke>?

Nope. Syracuse University is not a SUNY. They have a small component SUNY directly adjacent to campus (SUNY Forestry); but, they are not a PUBLIC.

Just about next door to the Carrier Dome is SUNY Upstate Medical, which is one of SUNY's medical schools (I think they have 4?), which is not surprising as SUNY bought the medical school from Syracuse back in the 1960's I think. That just adds to the confusion.

Reaction Score
Best case scenario for Uconn Athletics is a new President. I know some on this board blindly follow, but all of this has occurred under her watch. Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, TCU, WVU have all managed to find a home. And , it appears that Cincy and Houston and maybe even USF are now above UConn in the pecking order. Before the "meeting" with the Big 12, Uconn appeared to have some momentum from various media sources. Now, it appears that Uconn is out of the running. Sometimes, where there is smoke there is fire. Please give me just one example that makes you believe this administration has a clue. How is that, we don't lobby thing working out? Or this is supposed to be fun going to feel when we are in the same league as Marshall? We can blame football, but didn't Pitt and Syracuse both stink when they got ACC invites?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 10h10 hours ago
Oklahoma will have multiple suitors... And from EVERYTHING what we've been told from BTM the Big Ten will target Oklahoma for Expansion.

Chris E. ‏@shrump1976gmail 10h10 hours ago
@flugempire what about OU not being AAU?

@shrump1976gmail A hurdle...not a wall. The biggest hurdle for OU to become member of B10 is SEC and PAC targeting Oklahoma as well.

B10-SEC-PAC all have unique items of interest they can offer Oklahoma. 6-7 years from now what option serves OU the best?

Most Big 12 bloggers/writers believe OU is not a future target for B10 EXP due to not being AAU. They will be proven wrong. Buckle up.

Daniel Mountcastle ‏@Expansion_Crush 10h10 hours ago
@flugempire Big Ten. But Pac12 needs then the most and could offer them what the Big cannot - no scaled entry fee

@Expansion_Crush Yes..PAC and SEC have items which could resonate with OU leadership better than B10 advantages. OU has multiple suitors

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 10h10 hours ago
RedDirtSport Retweeted Greg Flugaur

Boren's pushing 76. Dudes not handing off on this to his successor regardless of the consequences

@RedDirtSport With the exception of total B12 implosion I don't see pathway of an earlier exit ramp for OU.

Ringneck85 ‏@Ringneck85 10h10 hours ago
@flugempire along with who?

Josh Reyes ‏@josh_a_reyes 10h10 hours ago
@Ringneck85 @flugempire Oklahoma state. Little brother is unfortunately part of the package

Ringneck85 ‏@Ringneck85 9h9 hours ago
@josh_a_reyes @flugempire umm no OSU won't get into the B1G. Non AAU. B1G might take 1 non AAU but not 2.

Josh Reyes ‏@josh_a_reyes 9h9 hours ago
@Ringneck85 @flugempire package deal. Big Ten will swallow pride to get OU before the SEC.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 9h9 hours ago
@josh_a_reyes @Ringneck85 No. Big 10 will pass on package deal.

@flugempire @josh_a_reyes deal would most likely include Kansas, contiguous state, AAU, more quality basketball programming for network.

Josh Reyes ‏@josh_a_reyes 9h9 hours ago
@Ringneck85 @flugempire Agreed. But OSU would have to come with us. Both schools are tied down into our states economy.

@josh_a_reyes @flugempire good luck in the Pac 12. SEC and B1G will both pass on OSU. If SEC doubles up it will be in TX or FL not OK.

Ralph D. RussoVerified account‏@ralphDrussoAP
For those who think, the B!G would just gobble up Oklahoma?' Not until OU is on this list ... https://ir.wsu.edu/AAU%20Member%20Institutions…

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8h8 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Ralph D. Russo

https://mobile.twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP/status/780837360787349504… Sorry, but this is not accurate. Historically it's not correct. Look up date of MSU's B10 entry vs AAU entry.

This idea College FB P5 will disband their conferences in favor of 1 league with new slated divisions is absurd That's me being kind.

Jeff Castro ‏@JACastroTTU 8h8 hours ago
@flugempire If the eventual seismic shift goes the way I think it will go, there will be alignments of schools that are entirely...

Jeff Castro ‏@JACastroTTU 8h8 hours ago
@flugempire athletics based vs academics based. Simply will have to happen.

@JACastroTTU Absolutely not.

Timothy White ‏@tjwhite18 8h8 hours agoLatham, NY
@flugempire - of course that means Minnesota & Rutgers & Wake & Mississippi State get relegated. We all hate this arrogance that has arisen

@tjwhite18 No it doesn't. LOL. It's not arrogance either. It history, relationships, investing and taking risks together for the future.

Dooley ‏@DooleyMcStitch 8h8 hours ago
@flugempire @tjwhite18 It should be a CFB Premier League with relegation/elevation and it's own championship. Everyone else in regional conf

@DooleyMcStitch @tjwhite18 B10 will never take part....Neither would PAC. Would never break up Conf based on yearly FB records.

Middleton ‏@UCBearcat92 8h8 hours ago
@flugempire @Expansion_Crush @shrump1976gmail Biggest hurdle of OU to Big 10 is schools being willing to give up % of ownership in BTN.

@UCBearcat92 @Expansion_Crush @shrump1976gmail Actually BTM believes biggest hurdle is OU may not want slow buy-in into BTN vs quick ECN

@UCBearcat92 @Expansion_Crush @shrump1976gmail But there is great interest from Western B1G to add Oklahoma....HUGE.

Jeff Middleton ‏@UCBearcat92 8h8 hours ago
@flugempire @Expansion_Crush @shrump1976gmail Maybe but eastern schools have to give up 7%+ interest in BTN. Tough sell. OU+KU SEC my bet

FreeMason ‏@kenneyclone 8h8 hours ago
@flugempire @ralphDrussoAP you think Nebraska had horrible academics..wait until BIG pres look at OU..ain't happening.

@kenneyclone @ralphDrussoAP Oklahoma Research $ is equal to Nebraska.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5h5 hours ago
Man... I can see why the Dude is the way he is... .....others in the same bubble/island have the same short term view. Scary stuff.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Mr. Pickens did his university a disservice. Talking about loose lips sinking ships... Captain Pickens rammed the Cowboy Vessel into rocks

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
All the sounds that you are now hearing....what do they sound like to you? I would suggest.... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_rattle… Big 12 Conference

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 8h8 hours ago
Clearly #Sooners Boren still playing a public game of "chicken" with #UT and other #Big12 members!!

Sombrero Vader‏@SombreroVader
@GSw aim From what @TheMontyShow is saying its the Texas faction that will bolt after Boren has compromised the process with the media leaks.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 8h8 hours ago
GREG SW AIM SHOW Retweeted Sombrero Vader

Texas and Oklahoma may currently be in the process of getting a divorce, with "irreconcilable differences". #Big12Expansion

Eric Rodriguez‏@erodthelaw
@GSw aim What's your take? Is he trying to get his schools in or he's going to blow everything up?

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 7h7 hours ago
GREG SW AIM SHOW Retweeted Eric Rodriguez

Primary goal to get #BYU and three others...if not, he's gone.

#cougarearl‏@Cougarsportsfan
@GSw aim byu is out i have seen more stories saying byu is out than still one of the schools under consideration

GREG SW AIM SHOW Retweeted #cougarearl

And yet #BYU still leads the pack with votes. Boy the required eight, but more than anyone else.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ago
@GSw aim Not accurate. Big 12 not considering adding 4. The consequences are dire if they do.

Justin Friest‏@ISUCloneKCChief
@theDudeofWV @GSw aim Greg is not accurate about anything related to expansion.

GREG SW AIM SHOW Retweeted Justin Friest

Awww, someone is just butt hurt since I said Iowa State may be left out of the P4 if #Big12 breaks up.

loyalblue15‏@loyalblue15
@GSw aim @ISUCloneKCChief @theDudeofWV ISU is only second to Baylor that should worry.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 6h6 hours ago
GREG SW AIM SHOW Retweeted loyalblue15

Private schools should always worry about getting left out.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
@GSw aim @ISUCloneKCChief I respect Greg. The issue has to do with a diverse view of B12 developments.

Justin Friest‏@ISUCloneKCChief
@theDudeofWV @GSw aim he calls out ISU all the time but the ONLY 2 Big 12 schools that have a guarantee in another conference is OU and TX

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 5h5 hours ago
GREG SW AIM SHOW Retweeted Justin Friest

That part is true, but the other four power conferences are going to raid the #Big12 before non-power schools. Only so many spots available.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 2h2 hours ago
Wierd rumor last night from a very connected #OKState fan, who said Pickens was trying to bring Miles back. I laughed, but now not laughing.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 2h2 hours ago
While I appreciate the much needed cash Boone Pickens has given to #OKState, I wish he'd S T F U .

Reaction Score
Best case scenario for Uconn Athletics is a new President. I know some on this board blindly follow, but all of this has occurred under her watch. Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, TCU, WVU have all managed to find a home. And , it appears that Cincy and Houston and maybe even USF are now above UConn in the pecking order. Before the "meeting" with the Big 12, Uconn appeared to have some momentum from various media sources. Now, it appears that Uconn is out of the running. Sometimes, where there is smoke there is fire. Please give me just one example that makes you believe this administration has a clue. How is that, we don't lobby thing working out? Or this is supposed to be fun going to feel when we are in the same league as Marshall? We can blame football, but didn't Pitt and Syracuse both stink when they got ACC invites?
Chief.... you should stick to your own username

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well that, and new presidents at Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor...

Reaction Score
I fear that you may be right, but hope that you are wrong.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I fear that you may be right, but hope that you are wrong.

He's wrong. Best UConn President since Austin. Doing great things for the university. Athletics is a minor part of it, and CR a minor part of that. Her job is much bigger, and she's good at it. You don't judge the President of a company based on the office furniture or cafeteria.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Read from the bottom. All are M h Ver

M H ver3 ‏@MHver3 15h15 hours ago
So Barry Tramel confirms what I was telling you all before about B12 holding out for FSU/Clemson until the day ACC network was announced

My source says that the feeling is if no formal vote comes within the next 3 weeks then it's a no go.

Expansion isn't dead yet. But the longer this goes on the less likely it will happen.

Boren wanted 12 with 2 non-Texas schools to drop Texas block to 1/3.

Boren doesn't want Texas to have nearly half the conference votes. 5 of 12 or 6 of 14. It's already 4 of 10.

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 15h15 hours ago
My source at WVU says that killing expansion will kill the Big12.

6 schools who desperately want the B12 to expand and solidify are ready to throw in the towel and kill expansion all together

UT saying the only way they go to 14 is if both UH and 1 of SMU or Rice is added as well

Boren wants only 2 as well but if UH is a must then he wants 14.

It gets ugly because UT and TT are adamant about only adding 2 and UH must be one of them

7 votes. Both combinations.

Texas wants UH and UC and almost has the votes for them to be added as a block as well

Boren wants UC and BYU and controls nearly enough votes to add them as a block

So Boren(not specifically OU) and Texas are fighting again.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
How do you people quote tweets so cleanly? It's a nightmare

Reaction Score
The only scenario where we are screwed is if OU goes to the B1G. We likely won't be 16; that would probably go to Kansas.
If OU goes to the Pac-12 (likely with Ok St.), we are probably headed to B1G with Kansas.
If OU goes to the SEC (likely with Ok St. or Kansas), we probably join the new Big 12.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. The Big Ten could take Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas along with Connecticut to go to 18. The biggest issue for UConn in the Oklahoma-Big Ten scenario is if Oklahoma demands Oklahoma State to tag along in expansion. That's where it could be tricky.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. The Big Ten could take Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas along with Connecticut to go to 18. The biggest issue for UConn in the Oklahoma-Big Ten scenario is if Oklahoma demands Oklahoma State to tag along in expansion. That's where it could be tricky.
OSU to the B1G with OU? Thanks but no thanks, Delaney walks on that w/o any hesitation. The B1G will not repeat the mistakes of the past (made by other conferences) which include taking two schools covering the same state, particularly in small states. No matter the politics of Oklahoma or T Boon's $, B1G has the leverage as they have the club and the club doesn't need OU that badly.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Yes, I think we'd be much more attractive to the B1G than OSU. But does that get them OU. Texas is really screwing all these schools.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Yes, I think we'd be much more attractive to the B1G than OSU. But does that get them OU. Texas is really screwing all these schools.

If we (the Big10) go to 16, I don't think you will be included. I personally think you should be, but I don't get to make those decisions. If it's 16 with Oklahoma as #15, Kansas or Texas would be #16. If it's more than 16, you will be a Big10 member, IMO.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If we (the Big10) go to 16, I don't think you will be included. I personally think you should be, but I don't get to make those decisions. If it's 16 with Oklahoma as #15, Kansas or Texas would be #16. If it's more than 16, you will be a Big10 member, IMO.
But, but, but Oklahoma isn't AAU... oh wait, neither are we.

Reaction Score

Totally agree. Honestly, only situation where I see us being included is if OK and KU go 15 and 16, then Virginia Tech gets pried away from the ACC at 17, then we can sneak in at 18.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Honestly, only situation where I see us being included is if OK and KU go 15 and 16, then Virginia Tech gets pried away from the ACC at 17, then we can sneak in at 18.

Right...but the ACC GOR extension has made that too difficult. 20 years from now, maybe conferences will trade schools, the B1G sends the ACC Purdue or Northwestern (to push the ACC into new markets) for either UVA or VT (other new markets). Crazy for sure, but not totally out of the realm in the extreme long run.

Reaction Score

The very idea that the most important thing the the President of the University of Connecticut should be judged on is conference realignment is so far beyond stupid that there is nothing more to say.

CL82

Reaction Score
The very idea that the most important thing the the President of the University of Connecticut should be judged on is conference realignment is so far beyond stupid that there is nothing more to say.
The President of the University of Connecticut should be judged on every aspect of her job, so she absolutely should be "judged" on conference realignment. Now if you change that to judged solely on on conference realignment, I'd agree with your statement.

Now in reviewing her performance on this issue, you'd need to acknowledge that it is largely out of her control. So the question is whether she is doing the things that are in her control to position us for a move to P5. I think she is.

If you listened to her recent Q&A video on a broad range of issues, she mentioned that with state support falling the university needs to monitize where it can, and mentioned sports specifically. I agree that moving UConn 'back' to the P5 it isn't the most important part of her role as university president but it is an very important and singularly visible part of her job.

I think that Susan was a great hire and she has the university moving the right direction. Things are going to take time, but I'm very happy with the progress she's made.

Reaction Score
If OK and KU were to go B1G (and no way do they want OK St and Texas is way too complicated at this point) the whole deck gets reshuffled. Not only that but blowing up the B12 lowers Texas leverage and makes them a better secondary target than primary. We end up in a better spot somehow if this happens. With Boren getting disheartened trying to create a stronger B12 it's a viable last move for him and the finances bring the dissenting voices in line..

Reaction Score
If OK and KU were to go B1G (and no way do they want OK St and Texas is way too complicated at this point) the whole deck gets reshuffled. Not only that but blowing up the B12 lowers Texas leverage and makes them a better secondary target than primary. We end up in a better spot somehow if this happens. With Boren getting disheartened trying to create a stronger B12 it's a viable last move for him and the finances bring the dissenting voices in line..

If OU and KU go to the B1G we better pray that UT goes to the Pac12, cause if they go to the ACC there goes our hopes.

Reaction Score
The President of the University of Connecticut should be judged on every aspect of her job, so she absolutely should be "judged" on conference realignment. Now if you change that to judged solely on on conference realignment, I'd agree with your statement.

Now in reviewing her performance on this issue, you'd need to acknowledge that it is largely out of her control. So the question is whether she is doing the things that are in her control to position us for a move to P5. I think she is.

If you listened to her recent Q&A video on a broad range of issues, she mentioned that with state support falling the university needs to monitize where it can, and mentioned sports specifically. I agree that moving UConn 'back' to the P5 it isn't the most important part of her role as university president but it is an very important and singularly visible part of her job.

I think that Susan was a great hire and she has the university moving the right direction. Things are going to take time, but I'm very happy with the progress she's made.

#readharder. I said it is not the most important part of her job. It isn't. It isn't close.

CL82

Reaction Score
#readharder. I said it is not the most important part of her job. It isn't. It isn't close.
I agree that moving UConn 'back' to the P5 it isn't the most important part of her role as university president but it is an very important and singularly visible part of her job.
#readharder. ;)

Reaction Score
Read from the bottom. All are M h Ver

M H ver3 ‏@ 15h15 hours ago
So Barry Tramel confirms what I was telling you all before about B12 holding out for FSU/Clemson until the day ACC network was announced

My source says that the feeling is if no formal vote comes within the next 3 weeks then it's a no go.

Expansion isn't dead yet. But the longer this goes on the less likely it will happen.

Boren wanted 12 with 2 non-Texas schools to drop Texas block to 1/3.

Boren doesn't want Texas to have nearly half the conference votes. 5 of 12 or 6 of 14. It's already 4 of 10.

‏@ 15h15 hours ago
My source at WVU says that killing expansion will kill the Big12.

6 schools who desperately want the B12 to expand and solidify are ready to throw in the towel and kill expansion all together

UT saying the only way they go to 14 is if both UH and 1 of SMU or Rice is added as well

Boren wants only 2 as well but if UH is a must then he wants 14.

It gets ugly because UT and TT are adamant about only adding 2 and UH must be one of them

7 votes. Both combinations.

Texas wants UH and UC and almost has the votes for them to be added as a block as well

Boren wants UC and BYU and controls nearly enough votes to add them as a block

So Boren(not specifically OU) and Texas are fighting again.

Pretty sure this is all made up, but I appreciate the narrative crafting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom