Non-Key Tweets | Page 685 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
So the Big 12 wants their football coaches kissing each of their players before the game? I don't really care about masculinity, but this Houston coach is from a different planet if he thinks that's cool. So weird... Herman is choosing to be the Creen of college football apparently.

Reaction Score
Mormons have needed to update the honor code for decades. This is thier opportunity to get in if they are just willing to change some of thier extremist views. Keep your door to door religion salesmen but for gods sakes leave the gays and lesbians alone.

Makes perfect sense as BYU makes all the expansion candidates stronger as well with lots of Mormons in places like NYC, Boston, and Ohio. I really hope it works out as Mormons are very easy to dislike so sporting events are much more exciting with BYU.

You realize you just said that an entire religion should change their ways so that a college can change athletic conferences?

Reaction Score
You realize you just said that an entire religion should change their ways so that a college can change athletic conferences?
No, I said the changes at the church have been needed for decades. Go back and read the first sentence.

The changes being needed for decades has nothing to do with conference realignment as these were needed when BYU was in the WAC and nobody cared about realignment much. Conference realignment has brought to light how the church and its' views are viewed by other people, specifically young people at ISU for example. Religious groups in general here in the United States have needed to update thier gay and lesbian policies for quite some time. Places like Oklahoma are very anti gay, if it weren't for federal law gay people would still not be allowed to get married in Oklahoma. Because of that I doubt Boren/Oklahoma gives a crap if BYU changes its' rules, he just wants them included in expansion.

Reaction Score
No, I said the changes at the church have been needed for decades. Go back and read the first sentence.

The changes being needed for decades has nothing to do with conference realignment as these were needed when BYU was in the WAC and nobody cared about realignment much. Conference realignment has brought to light how the church and its' views are viewed by other people, specifically young people at ISU for example. Religious groups in general here in the United States have needed to update thier gay and lesbian policies for quite some time. Places like Oklahoma are very anti gay, if it weren't for federal law gay people would still not be allowed to get married in Oklahoma. Because of that I doubt Boren/Oklahoma gives a crap if BYU changes its' rules, he just wants them included in expansion.

You literally said this:

Mormons have needed to update the honor code for decades. This is thier opportunity to get in if they are just willing to change some of thier extremist views.

You said something ridiculous. Just own it, man.

Reaction Score
You literally said this:

Mormons have needed to update the honor code for decades. This is thier opportunity to get in if they are just willing to change some of thier extremist views.

You said something ridiculous. Just own it, man.

I have no idea what you don't understand about my statement about this being a decade old problem that has nothing to do with realignment. That's what it is, and old problem with homosexuals. Maybe getting some feedback from this process will make a change.

Try to keep calm. You seem upset. Are you mormon?

Reaction Score
I have no idea what you don't understand about my statement about this being a decade old problem that has nothing to do with realignment.

If it has nothing to do with realignment - then what does this statement refer to?
This is thier opportunity to get in if they are just willing to change some of thier extremist views

Get in where?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Don't hold yout breathe. I know several bishops in the LDS church in CT. They are steadfast in their beliefs. That is not to say that there are ongoing discussions on the LGBT subject, there are. Until you understand their beliefs, you cannot understand their Honor Code. Its not as easy as people think.

I have done business in Utah for two decades. The LDS church may be the most pro-business religion in the world, in part because its commercial holdings are large. BYU won't change its Honor Code for the Big 12, but the LDS church will adapt if it is good for business. I don't sense that this Honor Code controversy has reached the level of North Carolina's anti-LGBT law, but the LDS church is not stupid, and will act proactively if they think it might.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have no idea what you don't understand about my statement about this being a decade old problem that has nothing to do with realignment. That's what it is, and old problem with homosexuals. Maybe getting some feedback from this process will make a change.

Try to keep calm. You seem upset. Are you mormon?

None of the religions the view homosexual activity as a sin, which is most of them, are going to change that view. Religious beliefs don't change with the times, nor should they. They are beyond the whims of society. To their adherents they speak truth in the face of societal pressure urging them to accept sin. What about this don't you get?

Reaction Score
None of the religions the view homosexual activity as a sin, which is most of them, are going to change that view. Religious beliefs don't change with the times, nor should they. They are beyond the whims of society. To their adherents they speak truth in the face of societal pressure urging them to accept sin. What about this don't you get?

Wow. Don't know where to begin. As a matter of fact most the world's religions and philosophies do not regard homosexuality as a sin (i.e Buddhism, Hinduism, all Jews but Orthodox, and a fair number of the liberal Protestant denominations). Also throw agnostics and atheists into that grouping, although we are not a religion.

Unfortunately all of the abrahamic religions acquired the stricture against homosexuality from the Pentateuch. Progressive elements of religions such as Judaism and Protestantism have updated their rational moral compass. Catholicism, Islam, Conservative Protestantism and Mormonism continue to live in the Bronze Age on this and many issues.

There are no absolute moral truths and sin is a human construct. We humans create our own morality, and it is far better today than that promulgated thousands of years ago. Not changing with the times is why religions are dying (thank god).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

The Pope did.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wow. Don't know where to begin. As a matter of fact most the world's religions and philosophies do not regard homosexuality as a sin (i.e Buddhism, Hinduism, all Jews but Orthodox, and a fair number of the liberal Protestant denominations). Also throw agnostics and atheists into that grouping, although we are not a religion.

Unfortunately all of the abrahamic religions acquired the stricture against homosexuality from the Pentateuch. Progressive elements of religions such as Judaism and Protestantism have updated their rational moral compass. Catholicism, Islam, Conservative Protestantism and Mormonism continue to live in the Bronze Age on this and many issues.

There are no absolute moral truths and sin is a human construct. We humans create our own morality, and it is far better today than that promulgated thousands of years ago. Not changing with the times is why religions are dying (thank god).

That leaves more than a billion people taking the view that it's a sin. I'm not taking a position on this, merely stating that asking Mormons to change closely held beliefs so that other people can feel better about them is ridiculous. Check the numbers, religion isn't dying in the way you think, partly because more secular people aren't procreating.

Reaction Score
If it has nothing to do with realignment - then what does this statement refer to?

Get in where?

LOL. Best of luck with your argument. I was clear that the problem is decades old and has nothing to do with realignment. But you are free to interpret that statement however you like.

Reaction Score

Your interpretation of how religions, including the LDS church, view homosexuals is different than mine. Religions do evolve and change with time.

I get it just fine. I have no idea why you seem to think if someone doesn't see things exactly like you do that they don't get it but that is clearly not the case. It's ok for people to have different viewpoints. That is why the students at ISU were able to speak their opinions on the the LDS and how it treats homosexuals.

Reaction Score
That leaves more than a billion people taking the view that it's a sin. I'm not taking a position on this, merely stating that asking Mormons to change closely held beliefs so that other people can feel better about them is ridiculous. Check the numbers, religion isn't dying in the way you think, partly because more secular people aren't procreating.

Oh yes it is.
http://religionnews.com/2015/09/16/...hurch-say-researchers-but-especially-in-utah/

Christianity shrinking in U.S.; Mormon numbers essentially flat

Update of Pew study confirms that Mormonism is shrinking in the US • /r/exmormon

the LDS church has been flat or in decline for a while now. The extremist views are becoming less and less tolerable to society. The days of discriminating against gay people are coming to an end in this country, thankfully.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Oh yes it is.
More Mormon men are leaving the LDS Church, say researchers — but especially in Utah

Christianity shrinking in U.S.; Mormon numbers essentially flat

Update of Pew study confirms that Mormonism is shrinking in the US • /r/exmormon

the LDS church has been flat or in decline for a while now. The extremist views are becoming less and less tolerable to society. The days of discriminating against gay people are coming to an end in this country, thankfully.

Think globally and try again. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom