Non-Key Tweets | Page 533 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda · 5h5 hours ago
There's talk in early June Big 12 will announce it will expand, that it is vetting candidates, and may add more than 2. Imagine the chaos.

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda · 5h5 hours ago
If B12 goes to 16. West: BYU, Tex, Tx Tech, Baylor, OU, OSU, KU, KSU. & East: TCU, ISU, Houston, UCF, USF, Cinci, UConn, WVU

I like any scenario where Uconn makes a move to a P5 but this won't happen? IF anyone thinks that Texas and Oklahoma are going to be in the same division and have to play each other prior to the Big 12 championship they are crazy. And on top of that play Baylor, BYU and OSU each year and TCU only has Houston to go through, Tuxedo Yoda must be looking just to troll all of us hopefuls.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Headquarters are in Shelton now.

How the heck did Louisville get picked over us?! I forgot.

upload_2016-5-23_22-48-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-23_22-48-44.png
    upload_2016-5-23_22-48-44.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 9
Reaction Score
Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownHD · 3h3 hours ago
#Baylor regents will remove 6-yr school prez Ken Starr by end of the month, sources tell Texas Longhorns Football, Basketball, and Recruiting .
Sources: BU Regents Preparing To Oust Starr

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
The B12 is about to lose another yes vote on expansion.

People who are saying expansion talk should slow down until schools fill their president slots might want to imagine a world in which all presidents at 10 different universities are not in the process of moving on, because that world is surely not this world. Chances are, 2 out 10 presidents will be on the move in any given year.

Reaction Score
Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownHD · 3h3 hours ago
#Baylor regents will remove 6-yr school prez Ken Starr by end of the month, sources tell Texas Longhorns Football, Basketball, and Recruiting .
Sources: BU Regents Preparing To Oust Starr

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
That's the first time I've heard of Starr being a "yes" vote. Everything thing that I've read noted that he was "on the fence" or leaning against expansion. The Dude is nuts.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago

Wesley Jackson ‏@WesJacksonUSF · 34m34 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Baylor?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@WesJacksonUSF Yes.

@Mountaineer_Ste If Starr is out at BU the interim will not want to vote.

Reaction Score

Wesley Jackson ‏@WesJacksonUSF · 34m34 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Baylor?

@WesJacksonUSF Yes.

This is so fundamentally flawed it's unbelievable.

First of all, the decision to vote for expansion was never Starr's alone. Nor is it David Boren's or any other university president's decision. Certainly these men are influential, but the ultimate decision is made by university boards, so one would not be crazy to assume that Starr being pro-expansion was not isolated and independent from the university's wishes.

Secondly, Baylor's interim president will be a conduit of it's board's wishes. The idea that this person cannot or will not vote if expansion comes up is ridiculous. Baylor is going to sit on the sidelines and abstain from voting on something that has such a huge impact on the school's athletic future? Ridiculous.

Is there anything lower than non-key that we can stick this guys tweets into?

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

First of all, the decision to vote for expansion was never Starr's alone. Nor is it David Boren's or any other university president's decision. Certainly these men are influential, but the ultimate decision is made by university boards, so one would not be crazy to assume that Starr being pro-expansion was isolated and independent from the university's wishes.

Secondly, Baylor's interim president will be a conduit of it's board's wishes. The idea that this person cannot or will not vote if expansion comes up is ridiculous. Baylor is going to sit on the sidelines and abstain from voting on something that has such a huge impact on the school's athletic future? Ridiculous.

We can make a thread just for Dude tweets, but he'd probably end up with a more inflated ego, if that's possible.

Reaction Score

Dude, please. Want to vote. Seriously? Sort out like the third grader who does want to go to school? Great potential headline here: The B12, which is actually 10, passes on expansion because one refuses to vote--leaving 9. Normally I'd say you can't make this stuff up--oh wait it's the Dude--never mind

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's the first time I've heard of Starr being a "yes" vote. Everything thing that I've read noted that he was "on the fence" or leaning against expansion. The Dude is nuts.
The Baylor AD came out against expansion.

As Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw told me Sunday, “We’re good with the way things are. We’re happy with 10.”

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sports/bohls-big-12-expansion-likely-at-some-point/np7y7/
Back in January, @jostar1 posted an article stating the Baylor AD was fine where they are.

Of course, the Dude is far more plugged in.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We can make a thread just for Dude tweets, but he'd probably end up with a more inflated ego, if that's possible.

The Dude shared that his sources are saying Ken Starr was fired.

From what I can tell about
25 minutes after legit news sources put it on Twitter. Can't make him up.

Reaction Score

First of all, the decision to vote for expansion was never Starr's alone. Nor is it David Boren's or any other university president's decision. Certainly these men are influential, but the ultimate decision is made by university boards, so one would not be crazy to assume that Starr being pro-expansion was not isolated and independent from the university's wishes.

You have to give him a pass on this one, after all he knows nothing better given Don Blankenship of Massey Coal ran the state of West Virginia for about 20 years.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
If Ken Starr is out at Baylor this could be bad for expansion. His was one of the strongest voices pro-expansion.

Especially since we are less than a week away from the biggest meetings in the new B12's history.

I have heard that all the requested research is complete and B12 presidents will be receiving information packets for the meeting by Friday

SugarBear ‏@sugarbear197342 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 I believe what's going on down at #Baylor is more important than expansion. #BaylorScandal #FireBriles

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
@sugarbear197342 oh I agree. And if the rumors are true you will get your wish.

Aerocat ‏@aerocat08 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 Is anything really going to happen in the May meetings or do we have to wait until June to find out?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 38m38 minutes ago
@aerocat08 about the only thing that can happen is a vote to expand. No candidates will be chosen yet.

Reaction Score

Believe me, I'll never get in the way of discrediting The Dude, and your point still stands about him.

However in this case, the Baylor board would not be voting on a matter of expansion. The board would have to approve matters directly relating to conference affiliation, but they would not have any voting procedure on adding new conference members. That vote is solely done by the Big 12 Board of Directors, which is comprised by one CEO delegated to and from each voting member. If Starr were terminated, Baylor would simply send one person to do its voting on its behalf for conference matters. Only if they changed affiliation would the Baylor board be called upon for a vote.

Reaction Score
Believe me, I'll never get in the way of discrediting The Dude, and your point still stands about him.

However in this case, the Baylor board would not be voting on a matter of expansion. The board would have to approve matters directly relating to conference affiliation, but they would not have any voting procedure on adding new conference members. That vote is solely done by the Big 12 Board of Directors, which is comprised by one CEO delegated to and from each voting member. If Starr were terminated, Baylor would simply send one person to do its voting on its behalf for conference matters. Only if they changed affiliation would the Baylor board be called upon for a vote.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry if that was unclear from my post.

Reaction Score
...IF anyone thinks that Texas and Oklahoma are going to be in the same division and have to play each other prior to the Big 12 championship they are crazy. ...

On the contrary. As long as Texas and OU remain in the Big 12, they will insist on keeping their annual October game - regardless of whether they are in the same division or opposite ones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom