Non-Key Tweets | Page 507 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The ACC is huddled quietly in the corner hoping the B12 raids the AAC, and the P2 is happy counting their money.

Any preemptive move by the ACC at this point might garner too much attention from others who might perceive it as weakness.

Say the B12 is interested in UCONN and the ACC calls instead. With UCONN off the table, maybe the B12 decides to go for FSU instead.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The ACC is huddled quietly in the corner hoping the B12 raids the AAC, and the P2 is happy counting their money.

Any preemptive move by the ACC at this point might garner too much attention from others who might perceive it as weakness.

Say the B12 is interested in UCONN and the ACC calls instead. With UCONN off the table, maybe the B12 decides to go for FSU instead.

With GOR's, every P5 program is locked up through 2025. FSU is not going anywhere.

Reaction Score

The availability of UConn would have no bearing on the Big 12 trying to acquire Florida State. If Florida State wanted to go to the Big 12, they would, without question, be the first invite.

Reaction Score
Brian McTaggart ‏@brianmctaggart 18h18 hours ago
@ralphDrussoAP @ldock93 @finebaum Any expansion without Houston, easily the best football program of any of them, would be a joke.

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 17h17 hours ago
@brianmctaggart are you brand new to college football? Realignment all about new TV markets. $$$.

Brian McTaggart ‏@brianmctaggart 17h17 hours ago
@TuxedoYoda That huge Boise market, LOL. That huge Cincinnati market. LOL. OK, man

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 17h17 hours ago
@brianmctaggart Boise has national interest, Cinci delivers Ohio (new for B12). B12 already has the Houston TV market covered.

Russell Evans ‏@rssll5 2h2 hours ago
@TuxedoYoda @brianmctaggart BIG12 has the Houston market covered... Yeah

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 58m58 minutes ago
@rssll5 @brianmctaggart The networks/cable companies that write the big $ checks don't like geographic redundancy.

HoustonCentrikSports ‏@HoustonCentrikS 4h4 hours ago
@TuxedoYoda @brianmctaggart no numbers to back that up and are we talking about Ohio State or Cincinnati?

Alexander Vinolus ‏@alexbrowns19 3h3 hours ago
@HoustonCentrikS @TuxedoYoda @brianmctaggart @BryanTurnquist talking Cincinnati. And Cincy is one of the biggest markets out there.

Christian Rocha ‏@ChrisRocha90 2h2 hours ago
@alexbrowns19 @TuxedoYoda. this dude is a troll. Remember what we have said about the city. A houston market solidifies the city.

@ChrisRocha90 @alexbrowns19 The networks/cable companies that write the big $ checks don't like geographic redundancy.

Mike Scott ‏@mikecfkaty 1h1 hour ago
@TuxedoYoda @brianmctaggart How exactly is the Houston Market covered in b12? Ags are SEC, UT =Longhorn Network. Not many UT or Baylor fans.

@mikecfkaty Networks/cable companies that write the big $ checks don't like geographic redundancy. This may upset you, but it's the truth.

Htown ‏@cococool2013 55m55 minutes ago
@TuxedoYoda @brianmctaggart Houston covered? U really believe that....

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 54m54 minutes ago
@cococool2013 The TV/cable companies that write the checks believe it. They don't want geographic redundancy.

Russell Steinberg ‏@Russ_Steinberg 56m56 minutes ago
@AbeJaroszewski Big 12 already has a hold on the Houston market. How good the football team is is not nearly as important (see Rutgers).

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 50m50 minutes ago
@Russ_Steinberg @AbeJaroszewski RS, you are 100% correct. UofH fans/alums are struggling with this truth. A sad bunch.

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 38m38 minutes ago
My Austin contact says B12 close to a consensus to go to 14: UCF, Cinci, UConn & BYU as fball only. ADs feel getting to 14 important.

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 36m36 minutes ago
I was also told that, in 14 team plan, final issue is debate of UConn vs Memphis. UConn leading right now, but nothing decided.

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 28m28 minutes ago
My personal realignment fantasy? if Texas is going to flush the LHN & its benefits for academics, I want Kansas & Texas in the B1G.

Mr. Belvedere ‏@brocktoon73 24m24 minutes ago
@TuxedoYoda it could happen

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 23m23 minutes ago
@brocktoon73 There are some VERY powerful Texas boosters (deep pockets) that are nauseated by the potential additions.

Mr. Belvedere ‏@brocktoon73 20m20 minutes ago
@TuxedoYoda I'm a B1G graduate who lived in Austin. Culturally, you guys are a good fit but I doubt the B1G wants any of in state siblings.

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 17m17 minutes ago
@brocktoon73 Texas & Kansas. Both AAU schools. It would make so much sense, it will never happen.

Mr. Belvedere ‏@brocktoon73 15m15 minutes ago
@TuxedoYoda Probably not. I think the B1G wants to go south. Unless they go to 24 which is insane, I doubt you guys come. Hope I'm wrong.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 28m28 minutes ago
Big 12 meeting now in Arizona major action item is a Expansion they think they will be left out if they don't add. Article by Dan Wetzel

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6h6 hours ago
Being told that the current consensus is that all 10 schools presidents are on board for expansion now after having the data in hand

Data clearly shows that if B12 stays at 10 then we will be the lowest in revenue in ten years time.

Just by expanding by two and adding network we will be a solid 3 in the pecking order for foreseeable future ahead of PAC and ACC

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
Only roadblock to having LHN=B12N is UT wanting to keep LHN branding in state. Biggest opposition to this is OU

Also football only schools are being considered in BYU and UCF

Source at WVU believes if no ACC schools can be added then we add UC and Uconn in all sports and BYU and UCF in football only.

CHOP ‏@Ruknighttime 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 hard to believe your information if the top three schools don't include Cincinnati.do you even read the market data?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
@Ruknighttime um. Reread the list. UC is #3

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 No they are not. That's ridiculous to even suggest.

@jay_256 you do realize that major sports writers are saying the same now?

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 Dennis Dodd, Dan Wolken, Gary Parrish have ALL just within last 2 days spoken on expansion. Not a word about football only invites.

@jay_256 only telling you what my source said. It's not the preferred option but it may be the best.

Baylor Bear ‏@AstroSaint 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 Any chance the ACC & B12 just merge together?

@AstroSaint only chance would be if ACC gets raided.

CHOP ‏@Ruknighttime 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 LMAO..thats bs..some schools for some sports.failed model for big east,dosent work.

@Ruknighttime B10 has some schools for select Olympic sports.

BrewDog ‏@BrewDog44 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 Where do you think UCF would put their other sports, CUSA?

@BrewDog44 no idea.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
Source at WVU says 2 teams in all sports and 2 in FB add enough inventory for network. Also not getting BYU unless fb only due to byutv

nathanmills ‏@nathanmills 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 why would BYUtv be in the way of full sports invite?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@nathanmills not sure it's just what he told me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Opening day against Indiana was a sell out. I would agree they have not had a large number of legitimate sell outs, but to say that there's only been two is absurd.

Indiana wasn't close to a sell out. They didn't even publish a sell out (38,109)

I've got the framed poster on the wall of the stadium and there are clear gaps in the stands.

Reaction Score
Indiana wasn't close to a sell out. They didn't even publish a sell out.

I've got the framed poster on the wall of the stadium and there are clear gaps in the stands.

Not even close to a sellout?

Orlovsky completed 26-of-42 passes for 307 yards for the
Huskies, who drew 38,109 in the first game in their new
facility.​

Indiana vs. Connecticut - Game Recap - August 30, 2003 - ESPN

Dude enough already. We get it, you doubt the official numbers in terms of attendance. Whether you choose to believe them or not, that is what we have to go on.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not even close to a sellout?

Orlovsky completed 26-of-42 passes for 307 yards for the
Huskies, who drew 38,109 in the first game in their new
facility.​

Indiana vs. Connecticut - Game Recap - August 30, 2003 - ESPN

Dude enough already. We get it, you doubt the official numbers in terms of attendance. Whether you choose to believe them or not, that is what we have to go on.

Yes it was not close to a sellout. Anyone who was there and sitting in the upperdeck knows this.

If you have a strong case to make - you don't need to make crap up like attendance averaged 36+k.

It's not what I choose to believe. It is what happened. The true gate numbers get published sometimes - this isn't a matter of choosing between options. There are actual facts.

Reaction Score
Yes it was not close to a sellout. Anyone who was there and sitting in the upperdeck knows this.

If you have a strong case to make - you don't need to make crap up like attendance averaged 36+k.

I was there too, I remember it being packed.

I was in the press box for the first three seasons UConn played football at The Rent. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, the reported attendance in those years was consistently close to, if not, 40,000 fans per game.

These are the numbers that have been reported through the years. Nobody is "making them up."

I don't know why it burns you up this bad that our reported football attendance is this high, but maybe have a drink or two and just be proud cause you're a UConn fan?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

It's not what I choose to believe. It is what happened. The true gate numbers get published sometimes - this isn't a matter of choosing between options. There are actual facts.

I was there in the upper deck. Place was pretty full. I can't believe you are arguing about attendance at a game 13 years ago you were probably drunk at.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Why don't you go devote your stubbornness to promoting UCONN rather than trying to tear it down?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why don't you go devote your stubbornness to promoting UCONN rather than trying to tear it down?

This might come as a surprise to you - but nothing anyone is posting impacts anything.

Pointing out that fantasy data is nonsense isn't tearing things down - it's just existing in reality.

Reaction Score
Arguments aside, I love this 14 team direction. It would be a dream scenario for us, as we're a lock at that point.

Reaction Score
Indiana wasn't close to a sell out. They didn't even publish a sell out (38,109)

I get that you are a reality and facts guy, but you don't think outhat competition reports inaccurate numbers also? Why rag our attendance due to your best eyeball guesstimate? All fan bases are inflating things about their respective schools hoping their school gets their number called.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was there in the upper deck. Place was pretty full. I can't believe you are arguing about attendance at a game 13 years ago you were probably drunk at.

I'm not arguing about anything. He said it was sold out. It wasn't sold out.

Reaction Score
This might come as a surprise to you - but nothing anyone is posting impacts anything.

Pointing out that fantasy data is nonsense isn't tearing things down - it's just existing in reality.

The irony of you completely ignoring the gate numbers reported by the school and the media, yet claiming to exist in reality is just fantastic.

"I'm gonna call out the university for reporting fake attendance numbers."
"So you discovered data showing what the real numbers were?"
"No I'm counting on my own perception of what I saw in the stadium to determine what I think an appropriate attendance number is. THIS IS THE REALITY."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I get that you are a reality and facts guy, but you don't think outhat competition reports inaccurate numbers also? Why rag our attendance due to your best eyeball guesstimate? All fan bases are inflating things about their respective schools hoping their school gets their number called.

I know other schools inflate their numbers. Some of my numbers are estimates - so are based on published reports of the actual turnstile attendance.

Like I said if you have a real story to tell why pretend incorrect things are true?

The guy who made the chart is a fraud. That the chart says things some people want to believe are true doesn't make them true.

I'd prefer not to rally behind a fraud - that's just me. Obviously others mileage may vary.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The irony of you completely ignoring the gate numbers reported by the school and the media, yet claiming to exist in reality is just fantastic.

"I'm gonna call out the university for reporting fake attendance numbers."
"So you discovered data showing what the real numbers were?"
"No I'm counting on my own perception of what I saw in the stadium to determine what I think an appropriate attendance number is. THIS IS THE REALITY."

Have you never seen the actual gate numbers published? Seriously how bad do you need to believe in something that isn't true that you can't accept what really happened?

I'm not calling out the school for bogus numbers they aren't alone. I was calling out the fraud who made the chart.

Reaction Score
I know other schools inflate their numbers. Some of my numbers are estimates - so are based on published reports of the actual turnstile attendance.

Like I said if you have a real story to tell why pretend incorrect things are true?

The guy who made the chart is a fraud. That the chart says things some people want to believe are true doesn't make them true.

I'd prefer not to rally behind a fraud - that's just me. Obviously others mileage may vary.
A fraud? Sounds harsh. I take it you ain't voting for Hillary. I kid, I kid.

Reaction Score
Have you never seen the actual gate numbers published? Seriously how bad do you need to believe in something that isn't true that you can't accept what really happened?

I'm not calling out the school for bogus numbers they aren't alone. I was calling out the fraud who made the chart.

Yes, the school publishes attendance numbers at literally every game. I saw them myself for the first 3 years of Rentschler Field and even now you can find them included in most box scores on ESPN.com and UConnHuskies.com.

You claim that the school is publishing bogus numbers, but that by eyeballing it somehow you've got a better idea of what they really are is absolutely absurd.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, the school publishes attendance numbers at literally every game. I saw them myself for the first 3 years of Rentschler Field and even now you can find them included in most box scores on ESPN.com and UConnHuskies.com.

You claim that the school is publishing bogus numbers, but that by eyeballing it somehow you've got a better idea of what they really are is absolutely absurd.

Are you dim?

The actual turnstile count has been published for a lot of games. Tickets actually scanned. Do you get that is the actual attendance.

Do you really think people in the stadium can't estimate the actual attendance better than the published number?

I think CR is making some of you crack.

Reaction Score
Are you dim?

The actual turnstile count has been published for a lot of games. Tickets actually scanned. Do you get that is the actual attendance.

Do you really think people in the stadium can't estimate the actual attendance better than the published number?

I think CR is making some of you crack.

Do I trust the published number of 38,109 more than than you guestimating how full you think a pretty packed stadium is on game day?

You're darn right I do.

Reaction Score
I'm sure they do.

Here is what you are missing and why I said it.

The dear genius that tweeted the chart wrote a blog post being critical of the optics of attendance at a game that he watched on TV from 5 minutes away.

When he was called out on it he edited the post and has refused to admit that he was critical of the people that did the same thing he did.

He's a wannabe journalist who can't even come clean when he is full of crap. You'd think a wannabe journalist would care about having credibility - but he doesn't so I will forever mock him.
So in summation, you are just upset at the guy who tweeted the chart but agree that a lot of schools inflate their numbers.
OK

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom