Non-Key Tweets | Page 455 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The poster is WNECGrad. Isn't that our very own lunatic HFD?
That's too intelligent a post for that lunatic to write. He's still on twitter ranting away, so that post is definitely NOT his even with the misspelling.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
When he puts his mind to it / is achieving a specific objective, he can assemble complete sentences. He's not illiterate... Just... Crazy. WNECGrad is a known HFD handle.

Reaction Score
When he puts his mind to it / is achieving a specific objective, he can assemble complete sentences. He's not illiterate... Just... Crazy. WNECGrad is a known HFD handle.
He was off the wall the other day on Twitter @CTMike . Thanks for the tip off, I should have known better.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
He was off the wall the other day on Twitter @CTMike . Thanks for the tip off, I should have known better.
Yeah, I saw... HFD is very passionate, he's very determined to see UConn in the B1G some day...but he spends a lot of time losing his damn mind. I don't agree with his methods but in a way his heart is in the right place.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not with that grammar and spelling.

It's not perfect spelling or grammar. I want to believe, and the bit about knocking down the HS and putting the hockey arena there has the ring of truth. We know that is possible, so we ascribe similar "validity" to the season ticket package info, and AAU news. Maybe he's getting better, but if so it is well designed propaganda.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
That post is BS even if not HFD. Aren't all the ivies in AAU anyway.

The other eastern school not in AAU but represented - VA Tech?

Edit: sorry, he said northeast corridor: UMass?

Reaction Score
This was posted on the OSU scout board. No idea who the poster is....

Re: NCAA / Realignment Discussion (Part V)
Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Some high level donors got to watch UConn football spring practice today with the president and some other key names. At the lunch one of the things talked about was the AAU progress the school is making. The president attended a AAU meeting in late Janurary. She said its expected that she will be in attendance for another meeting in May where budget stuff for 2017 is discussed by the organization. Seemed like she was very happy where UCONN was positioning itself. She was asked if other presidents of non AAU schools were allowed to attend and she replied by saying that all members of The Ivy League were represented and that another school from the "northeast corridor" was also represented.

Other things talked about were basic school matters and the re rise of football getting back to mid 2000s status and then getting to the next level from there on the field. The interim AD who works with the president hinted at their being a reason the season tickets last year and this year are 1 year plans and not 3 like the past decade before that. Seems they are gearing up for something and want to hit it hard when it happens football wise.

On another front, hockey, it seems the plan now is to possibly knock down the old high school which is in a great location for UCONN and build a 5k hockey barn in that spot around 2018. They will apply for a Wagner form Hockey East to extend its time in the XL until then.

http://www.scout.com/college/ohio-s...92-ncaa-realignment-discussion-part-v?page=38

The part about being able to buy 3 year season ticket plans for football...I've been a season ticket holder on and off since I graduated in 2006 and I never remember that being an option.

Can anyone who was more consistent confirm or deny that?

Reaction Score
The part about being able to buy 3 year season ticket plans for football...I've been a season ticket holder on and off since I graduated in 2006 and I never remember that being an option.

Can anyone who was more consistent confirm or deny that?
If you wanted preferred, chairback or club seating you had to commit to a three year season ticket plan from 2003-2013. After the PP disaster the school went to a one year plan for those seat types.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's not perfect spelling or grammar. I want to believe, and the bit about knocking down the HS and putting the hockey arena there has the ring of truth. We know that is possible, so we ascribe similar "validity" to the season ticket package info, and AAU news. Maybe he's getting better, but if so it is well designed propaganda.

Saying "hockey barn" is definitely a HFD term, so it could be him. He would never use the word "rink."

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

The other eastern school not in AAU but represented - VA Tech?

Edit: sorry, he said northeast corridor: UMass?
UMass is already AAU.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The poster is WNECGrad. Isn't that our very own lunatic HFD?
iu

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dude posted this audio link to a Big XII radio program. They talk about a conference network and expansion starting at around the 7:20 mark.

Reaction Score
Nope, Dartmouth is the single, non-AAU member, Ivy school. However, it's certainly located in the northeast corridor.

Likeable: possible implications of 1 year season tickets; hockey arena at current E.O. Smith location, etc. Caveat, likeable if accurate.

Reaction Score
If the poster meant a northeast corridor non-Ivy school already in the AAU, they likely meant BU, NYU, Brandeis, or MIT.

Reaction Score
Good grammar from HFD? Anyone consider that he's off the sauce and on the straightened arrow?

Reaction Score
UMass is already AAU.

UMass is not as only Harvard, MIT, BU, and Brandies are AAU in Massachusets. Was thinking Stony Brook; but, they are already AAU along with Buffalo. Only big research U's in the northeast I can think of are (not in any order): UMass, UConn, Northeastern, RPI, Temple, Delaware, and Georgetown. The other New England state universities are too small, though U Vermont does at least have a medical school. RPI is likely too small. Northeastern and Delaware do not have medical schools. Temple is improving; but, not that much yet. Thus, if there is any truth to this, potential AAU northeastern additions would be UConn, UMass and Georgetown. Georgetown is about the same size as Johns Hopkins, has a medical school and consumes a lot of research dollars for the US Government.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom