Non-Key Tweets | Page 253 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It all makes sense. Texas to Independent with a Notre Dame like deal with the ACC. Kansas and UConn to B1G. Oklahoma and 1 other to SEC -- possibly Va Tech or NC State with ESPN's blessing, ACC backfilling with WVU; possibly WVU. Rest of the B12 begs for Pac or ACC; whoever doesn't get that life raft rebuilds the B12 as a "best of the rest" conference taking best of the AAC and MWC along with BYU to complement the B12 leftovers.

None of it makes sense.

To your credit, you took nonsense and made pure insanity out of it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
ESPN wants to cut costs, but Fox will get crushed on content if the Big 12 evaporates. If ESPN does peel off 2-4 Big 12 schools, I don't see it being good for UConn. Defensive expansion will be unnecessary, and ESPN will have sent a clear message that they are cutting fees, not adding to them, which means no expansion for anyone else.

Reaction Score
Whatever the coming conference landscape, and however many the Machiavellian moves by ESPN (which will certainly be parried and countered by FOX), measured against the selection criteria of other possible conference additions, one critical element stands out for us---we must win to be noticed.
So picture this: We accept the challenge of a new era and crush Villanova, achieve revenge against Army, upset a disinterested Missouri, topple a young Navy team, and come into the BYU game 4-0. We then beat the Cougars in a thrilling late night game bringing us undefeated to The Civil Conflict where we clobber UCF under all the manufactured (but now pertinent) media focus.
All during this surprising run our young, energetic and charismatic coach gets lots of airtime. Recruits and the public like what they see and hear. Suddenly, the image of Diaco's head scratching coach-speak takes on a Rockne-esque patina.The Rent is once again loud and TV cameras capture pictures of our campus and state-of-the art facilities, which impress the nation as we excitedly pursue our audacious march toward an improbable and incredible season. And of course with success comes the necessary and incessant drumbeat from all UConn talking heads that this is just the re-start of what UConn Football was striving for all along; fulfilling the promise of Randy Edsall, detoured by an unfortunate hire, but now on its way to a sustained level of excellence and relevance. Relevant because the future of UConn Football is not just must-see TV for CT, but much of New England too, and yes, lots of NYC eyeballs. Now add in all the rest of our athletic and academic assets and we look so much more attractive, don't we Jim, John and Bob? So go ahead, start the bidding war. We promise to listen to all offers.
That's my vision on an early Monday morning--what's yours?

Reaction Score
Nostical said:
Whatever the coming conference landscape, and however many the Machiavellian moves by ESPN (which will certainly be parried and countered by FOX), measured against the selection criteria of other possible conference additions, one critical element stands out for us---we must win to be noticed. So picture this: We accept the challenge of a new era and crush Villanova, achieve revenge against Army, upset a disinterested Missouri, topple a young Navy team, and come into the BYU game 4-0. We then beat the Cougars in a thrilling late night game bringing us undefeated to The Civil Conflict where we clobber UCF under all the manufactured (but now pertinent) media focus. All during this surprising run our young, energetic and charismatic coach gets lots of airtime. Recruits and the public like what they see and hear. Suddenly, the image of Diaco's head scratching coach-speak takes on a Rockne-esque patina.The Rent is once again loud and TV cameras capture pictures of our campus and state-of-the art facilities, which impress the nation as we excitedly pursue our audacious march toward an improbable and incredible season. And of course with success comes the necessary and incessant drumbeat from all UConn talking heads that this is just the re-start of what UConn Football was striving for all along; fulfilling the promise of Randy Edsall, detoured by an unfortunate hire, but now on its way to a sustained level of excellence and relevance. Relevant because the future of UConn Football is not just must-see TV for CT, but much of New England too, and yes, lots of NYC eyeballs. Now add in all the rest of our athletic and academic assets and we look so much more attractive, don't we Jim, John and Bob? So go ahead, start the bidding war. We promise to listen to all offers. That's my vision on an early Monday morning--what's yours?

I love it, but God that seems unlikely. All I can imagine is sitting down here in South Florida, AC turned down ice cold to make it feel like fall, heavy beer in hand and my wife making chili in the kitchen, and then boom. Like so many times before, a pick six goes against us and before you know it I'm 8 IPAs into a 20 point loss to Villanova and Bob Diaco is standing on the sideline squinting and looking dopey like a 40 year old Paul Pasqualoni. I'm changing the channel as people walk in and out of the room because I am so embarrassed to be a UConn fan. Even in front of my 8 year old I feel insecure that she'll notice the teams and the score. It is just so painful each and every time.

Please lord, make it end this year.

Reaction Score
Whatever the coming conference landscape, and however many the Machiavellian moves by ESPN (which will certainly be parried and countered by FOX), measured against the selection criteria of other possible conference additions, one critical element stands out for us---we must win to be noticed.
So picture this: We accept the challenge of a new era and crush Villanova, achieve revenge against Army, upset a disinterested Missouri, topple a young Navy team, and come into the BYU game 4-0. We then beat the Cougars in a thrilling late night game bringing us undefeated to The Civil Conflict where we clobber UCF under all the manufactured (but now pertinent) media focus.
All during this surprising run our young, energetic and charismatic coach gets lots of airtime. Recruits and the public like what they see and hear. Suddenly, the image of Diaco's head scratching coach-speak takes on a Rockne-esque patina.The Rent is once again loud and TV cameras capture pictures of our campus and state-of-the art facilities, which impress the nation as we excitedly pursue our audacious march toward an improbable and incredible season. And of course with success comes the necessary and incessant drumbeat from all UConn talking heads that this is just the re-start of what UConn Football was striving for all along; fulfilling the promise of Randy Edsall, detoured by an unfortunate hire, but now on its way to a sustained level of excellence and relevance. Relevant because the future of UConn Football is not just must-see TV for CT, but much of New England too, and yes, lots of NYC eyeballs. Now add in all the rest of our athletic and academic assets and we look so much more attractive, don't we Jim, John and Bob? So go ahead, start the bidding war. We promise to listen to all offers.
How can you have such a dreamy positive outlook on a Monday morning? I'm on vacation and I don't see that rosy of a picture! :p

Reaction Score
Hoophound said:
I love it, but God that seems unlikely. All I can imagine is sitting down here in South Florida, AC turned down ice cold to make it feel like fall, heavy beer in hand and my wife making chili in the kitchen, and then boom. Like so many times before, a pick six goes against us and before you know it I'm 8 IPAs into a 20 point loss to Villanova and Bob Diaco is standing on the sideline squinting and looking dopey like a 40 year old Paul Pasqualoni. I'm changing the channel as people walk in and out of the room because I am so embarrassed to be a UConn fan. Even in front of my 8 year old I feel insecure that she'll notice the teams and the score. It is just so painful each and every time. Please lord, make it end this year.

LMAO...would be funnier though if not so true.

Reaction Score
"I'll have what he's having"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Peyote?

Reaction Score
Safe to say MHver3 is fully back on the non-key tweet wagon:

1. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h1 hour ago
    Lots of moves being made to ensure the futures of many schools right now

3 retweets1 favorite

2. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h1 hour ago
    Will we see 4 conferences at 16 with several current power5s left out on the cold?

2 retweets1 favorite

3. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h1 hour ago
    Will we see a giant super conference made up of the remnants of B12 and ACC?

2 retweets0 favorites

4. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h1 hour ago
    But is espn has their way-and they always do-there will be only four power conferences left by 2018

2 retweets1 favorite

5. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h1 hour ago
    What happens after that is up in the air. As us which of those two will happen first

1 retweet0 favorites

6. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h1 hour ago
    2) B12 conference publicly states they are going shopping for 2-4 teams and creating a conference network with or without UT's Tier3

1 retweet1 favorite

7. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h1 hour ago
    1) the B10 renews their tier1 deal and invites 2-4 teams from SEC(yes), ACC, and B12

1 retweet1 favorite

8. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h1 hour ago
    One of the following two things is going to kick off conference armegeddon:

Reaction Score
The above tweets are from MH3.

Note: for unknown reasons his full name is not allowed.

Reaction Score
Andy Staples ‏@Andy_Staples · 6h6 hours ago
Sankey throws some shade at Larry Scott and Steve Patterson by saying the SEC is more interested in its own region than other countries.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6h6 hours ago
@Andy_Staples WOW.
I love the drama of all of this!!!

New SEC Commish takes a shot at UT &announces SECN is now 70 million homes.

Yeah..maybe it's time I start rethinking UT to B1G..maybe yes?

Never was a believer in Texas to B1G...But SEC new Commish just took a shot at UT. SECN branding killing UT..exposure >>>> LHN

Texas-Patterson-LHN was criticized by Boren...and now mocked by SEC new Commish.

What say you Texas? July 20th B12 media day..let's see.

@OmegaSupreme914 At the very least I'm going to stop calling you NUTS!!
UT not going SEC..that's for sure. Horns getting nose rubbed in.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @JBTexasEx Oh..I'm not holding my breath. LHN was designed to keep UT from B1G/PAC. But it's not making $..come on man..02$ out of state lol

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
This is what we know:
1) Bowlsby calls LHN a "Boulder" in the road
2) Texas A&M Chancellor Mocks LHN

This is what we know:
3) Boren calls LHN a "Failure"
4) Boren says B12 needs to Expand and have B12N.

This is what we know:
5) SEC new Commish mocks UT branding efforts.
6) SEC Commish Declares SECN is now in 70 million homes

So how does Texas respond?.....or do they respond at all on July 20th - Big 12 Media Day?

@troyboy8ball SECN is a money maker for Disney.
LHN is a money loser for Disney.
SECN strengthens the SEC.
LHN does nothing for Big 12

@troyboy8ball Again..it's LHN not being able to brand UT outside of Texas..while SECN brands the crap out of Texas A&M and others in Texas

@troyboy8ball LHN kept B12 conference afloat because it kept UT in Big 12. But LHN keeps Big 12 from growing. Read Boren's words again.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
ESPN wants to cut costs, but Fox will get crushed on content if the Big 12 evaporates. If ESPN does peel off 2-4 Big 12 schools, I don't see it being good for UConn. Defensive expansion will be unnecessary, and ESPN will have sent a clear message that they are cutting fees, not adding to them, which means no expansion for anyone else.

The problem is that ESPN only has so much control and expansion in certain scenarios is actually good for them.

The SEC Net is a runaway train made of money. The limitation on it is the lack of track...

Now, ESPN is currently paying $80,000,000 for four teams in North Carolina and $40,000,000 for two teams in Virginia. That's one of the reasons why you're likely not going to see an ACC Network in this contract period - you have a huge concentration in few markets and then a mix of secondary players elsewhere.

That is basically insanity - let NC State and VaTech bleed to the SEC and they're unlocking 18,000,000 people worth of potential value to the SEC Network.

Reaction Score
Andy Staples ‏@Andy_Staples · 6h6 hours ago
Sankey throws some shade at Larry Scott and Steve Patterson by saying the SEC is more interested in its own region than other countries.

New SEC Commish takes a shot at UT &announces SECN is now 70 million homes.

Texas-Patterson-LHN was criticized by Boren...and now mocked by SEC new Commish.

This is what we know:
1) Bowlsby calls LHN a "Boulder" in the road
2) Texas A&M Chancellor Mocks LHN

Before A&M joined the SEC, it was unlikely that U Texas would join as they do not like to share and U Florida, Alabama, Auburn, etc. would not let the Long Horns get away with a special deal. With A&M in the SEC now, no chance Texas gets invited. That said, there is plenty of room for the SEC to double down with a 'smaller' brand, say Baylor or TCU, that would value, not harm A&M, and does not carry UT's baggage. If U Texas wants a special deal, join the ACC. If they need to bring along Texas Tech, will go to the PAC. If they are smart, agree to share, U Texas gets the most money in the B1G.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Texas likes being the biggest fish in a small pond. The Big Ten believes (rightfully so) that the whole is worth more than the sum of its parts. Those are two very different philosophies.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@JBruceHarris Well... clearly Oklahoma and WVU are pushing expansion. Clearly Texas is happy at 10 & sees no need for a B12N.

@JBruceHarris Clearly OU and WVU have fired warning shots at the Big 12. But that's only half of the equation.

@JBruceHarris I have a hard time believing that OU and WVU would go to war over expanding with schools that both say do not add value.

@JBruceHarris So you question the endgame. You think about who would cause OU & WVU to risk alienating Texas over expansion.

@JBruceHarris I have a theory. Waiting on at least some feedback from those who know.

@JBruceHarris What I don't want to do is put something out that isn't factual or plausible.

@JBruceHarris I'm also certain about one fact that may or may not be related to the internal battle in the Big 12.

@JBruceHarris I'm certain now that the ACC GoR is not a valid legal instrument. It was enacted for the purpose of PR only.

@JBruceHarris I'm certain that ACC schools were not paid for assigning their rights & a GoR was not necessary for their TV contract.

@JBruceHarris I'm certain that the ACC GoR is good for as long as no one in the ACC challenges it.

@JBruceHarris I'm certain that it will become valid if and when ESPN picks up the ACCN.

@JBruceHarris And I think to myself would OU and WVU go to war with Texas over expansion if the schools they added solidified the Big 12?

@JBruceHarris So I know that OU & WVU want the Big 12 to expand & are willing to fight for it.

@JBruceHarris Would they be willing to fight Texas to add two AAC schools? Would that be worth the risk?

@JBruceHarris So all the parts are there. The equation lines up.

@JBruceHarris You have a conference that needs to expand with value.

@JBruceHarris You have a school with ongoing financial problems & a worry about competitive balance with 7 private schools in the ACC.

@JBruceHarris Clemson has zero need. But I can't see them staying in the ACC without FSU.

@JBruceHarris Who knows. I'm trying to figure out why OU & WVU are taking on Texas.

@JBruceHarris Unless it's FSU the Big 12 gains nothing from expansion. It adds FSU and say Clemson & it's not only secure but rivals the SEC

@JBruceHarris I have feelers out. I've asked questions directly to people who know. I'm waiting on their replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You just make stuff up. Find a single post where I said anything complementary of the Dude.

"When it comes to expansion news, I, Nelson, believe that the Dude of West Virginia is truly wired into the pulse. I implicitly endorse him and his tweets. He is the man." - Nelsonmuntz, July 23rd, 2014, 5:43 pm.

Unfortunately, you can't find the post because the entire thread was deleted after HFD threatened to blow up the Bolivian embassy if UConn wasn't invited into the Pac 12 three posts later.

But trust me, there it is.

Reaction Score
"When it comes to recruiting news, I, Nelson, believe that the Dude of West Virginia is truly wired into the pulse. I implicitly endorse him and his tweets. He is the man." - Nelsonmuntz, July 23rd, 2014, 5:43 pm.

Unfortunately, you can't find the post because the entire thread was deleted after HFD threatened to blow up the Bolivian embassy if UConn wasn't invited into the Pac 12 three posts later.

But trust me, there it is.
Could that be anything but satire?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
You just make stuff up. Find a single post where I said anything complementary of the Dude.

If I'm bothered to look I'll find a post of yours where you exclaimed that the two WV guys (MHver and Dude) were plugged in and way ahead of anybody else. Granted it was a couple of years ago but still you were gushing about them for quite a while.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If I'm bothered to look I'll find a post of yours where you exclaimed that the two WV guys ( er and Dude) were plugged in and way ahead of anybody else. Granted it was a couple of years ago but still you were gushing about them for quite a while.

Strong evidence there.

The Dude has always been a big fat joke. You know I have always said this because you probably did a search of my posts before making this gem of a rebuttal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom