Non-Key Tweets | Page 175 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Impressive work!
Kansas & Kentucky surprise me. Not that their rankings are bad, I just thought they'd be better.
It really is amazing that UCONN has reached this level academically. Maryland, Rutgers....UCONN. Make it so.
ACC's grab of Louisville is comical when you look at the academic side of things. That is where the B1G stands far above the ACC.

Kansas gets killed by the mandatory acceptance of very average students who graduate from a KS HS. K-State has the same problem, but would be below KU regardless.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Big Ten advocates are poo pooing Connecticut as a noncontiguous state, remind me again with which Big Ten state Massachusetts share a border? Just stop it, already.
Well Connecticut, obviously, after we're in. Connecticut became contiguous the instant they establish a NYC office.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well Connecticut, obviously, after we're in. Connecticut became contiguous the instant they establish a NYC office.
Well in that case...I don't give a flying duckk. If UConn's already taken care of, they could admit Bunker Hill Community College for all I care.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sorry about the last post. I can't seem to find a way to delete it.
Don't be sorry. Personally, I thought it was kind of humorous...

Reaction Score
Sorry about the last post. I can't seem to find a way to delete it.
That's probably the best post this tread has seen in weeks..
University of Phoenix is closer to AAU status than Louisville...
Watch it. I teach Philosophy ,Logistics ,and Quantum mechanics at the Univerity of Phoenix . I also coach their coed fantasy football team.
In fact while typing this response ,I'm instructing three classes and a practice session all from my living room.
Eat your heart out Upstater

pj

Reaction Score
I teach Philosophy ,Logistics ,and Quantum mechanics at the Univerity of Phoenix . I also coach their coed fantasy football team.
In fact while typing this response ,I'm instructing three classes and a practice session all from my living room.
Eat your heart out Upstater

And your research funding is two pizzas and three beers.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I grew up in NJ, went to UConn, lived in CT a few years after graduating and have been living/working in NYC since then for two years.

I have never met anybody who went to Buffalo or met anyone that roots for Buffalo.

The idea that a historically awful football program that plays in a high school stadium is somehow lucrative to the B1G athletic conference due to some arbitrary academic distinction and because they put New York on school uniforms is so stupid.

THAT being said, it's still not as stupid as suggesting Boston U, a school WITHOUT a football program, could be a candidate.

Reaction Score
Yeah, like I'm the only one that stays up late at night drinking and posting on boneyard...
When you suggested BU joining the B1G for all sports you were beyond even HFD territory. And I'm a BU alum and hockey season ticket holder!

Reaction Score
I don't know much about either hockey or New England sports and schools. To the extent I do anything, it's because I'm a football junkie. DI, DII, DIII, NAIA--football's pretty much the only sport that exists in my world. And, for the record, it's not like I was doing anything more than thinking out loud--what if you added a non-football school. (The bigger problem--at least as I see it--is I forgot UConn doesn't play on campus.)

I've noticed a lot of what I've reported hearing as suddenly my thought when it's not. For example, I said that some people in the B1G wouldn't take Nebraska in a do over--and I stand by that statement. But that's not me--I nearly pooped with glee because I knew the MN/Nebraska series left off at 67 games played and I was happy to get back at it. If anything, I was and am a little po'd that everybody says Nebraska has to develop rivalries and the logical candidates are Iowa and Wisconsin. BS--Minnesota's played them the most, and I hope losing a couple irritates NE to the core cause that'll get the rivalry going again. (For those interested, MN quit playing NE in the Osborne period cause the Minnesota score looked like, well, a hockey score and Nebraska's score looked liked, well, a UConn basketball score.)

And, as an added bonus, when my euro-trash family arrived in America, half settled in Nebraska and half in Minnesota. I have a cousin that was a Nebraska All-American lineman back in the 60's. For me personally, Nebraska was the best possible addition the B1G could make and truth be told, I hear more stuff out of Nebraska than MN these days.

And, as long as I'm pretty much in full rant mode: It's not fair to me or to Greg Fluguar to insist I am him when I am not. That isn't fair to him and is basically saying I'm a liar.

When I registered here, I said it was because I figure UConn was coming to the B1G and I wanted to get to know y'all. Still holds, but I consider myself a guest and try to act accordingly. If I've overstayed my welcome, I'll be happy to move on...

Reaction Score
No, we're just yanking your chains. We appreciate some thoughtful insight that isn't from the usual ACC crowd of LOL UCONN SUX.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I grew up in NJ, went to UConn, lived in CT a few years after graduating and have been living/working in NYC since then for two years.

I have never met anybody who went to Buffalo or met anyone that roots for Buffalo.

The idea that a historically awful football program that plays in a high school stadium is somehow lucrative to the B1G athletic conference due to some arbitrary academic distinction and because they put New York on school uniforms is so stupid.

THAT being said, it's still not as stupid as suggesting Boston U, a school WITHOUT a football program, could be a candidate.

I live in New York. Outside of four years in Storrs, I have always lived in New York.

I have never met a Buffalo fan. I've never seen Buffalo sports mentioned in the local paper. I don't know of anyone who has gone, is going or will go to Buffalo.

They don't exist as an presence in most of the state. (As for their rebranding, good luck. SUNY has 64 campuses and not a one of them is close to being considered a flagship.)

Reaction Score
... nearly pooped with glee ...
Is pooping with glee a mid-western phenomenon? Cause I'm pretty sure I've never done so or even nearly done so. Full disclosure though, I have been drunk enough that I can't be 100% positive. Still, I don't ever remember waking up wishing I'd slipped on a Depends prior to taking out a long term lease in a bar stool (no pun intended) the prior evening.

pj

Reaction Score
When I registered here, I said it was because I figure UConn was coming to the B1G and I wanted to get to know y'all. Still holds, but I consider myself a guest and try to act accordingly. If I've overstayed my welcome, I'll be happy to move on...

What made you think you are not welcome? You've been very cordial.

If it was Fishy's threat of violence, don't mind him. He threatens his dog with a kick hourly, his mother with a whipping daily, and his grandma with the rack on weekends, but he never carries these threats to fruition when UConn has recently won a basketball championship.

Reaction Score
Yaa...those Minnesotans!

Everything I know about those apple cheeked, plaid wearing folks comes from listening to smarmy Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Companion.

They appear to be much like my dad's Wisconsin side of the family with funnier accents....My heresy was, back in the day, rooting for the Purple People Eaters instead of the Packers.

Carl Eller and Alan Page were defensive gods and I was a Viking apostate....

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · Feb 18
@bcinterruption @easternbias The Hockey content on BTN is making $ past its projections so Big Ten Hockey expansion will happen sooner...

BC Interruption ‏@bcinterruption · Feb 18
@flugempire @easternbias B1G will need the cash to pay out full cost of attendance. Any B1G expansion will be confined to B1G membership.

@bcinterruption @easternbias ..register. The simple economics pushes for Big Ten Hockey expansion before any current B1G school is ready

@bcinterruption @easternbias So right more content on BTN = more cash beyond breaking even period of expanding to feed more mouths

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 2h 2 hours ago
@easternbias @posas13 @bcinterruption If you don't think BTN has an effect on future hockey expansion...well...don't know what to tell you

@easternbias @posas13 @bcinterruption FOX Sports also puts on Big Ten games(part of same package). More conference games = more money.

@easternbias @posas13 @bcinterruption High probability Big Ten Hockey expansion happens East...because EC has sweet spot for bigger AD BTN$

Reaction Score
What made you think you are not welcome? You've been very cordial.

If it was Fishy's threat of violence, don't mind him. He threatens his dog with a kick hourly, his mother with a whipping daily, and his grandma with the rack on weekends, but he never carries these threats to fruition when UConn has recently won a basketball championship.
Fishy actually once put a contract on my life for undue optimism.
I was one of the few voices of UConn being a great addition to the B1G back then.
I'm still mad ,not at the contract ,but the the pitiful amount it was for,it was insulting. The man is Cheap.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@OkaForPrez so what's the statute of limitations on the secondhand news you posted about last week? I.e. If nothing happens in 6 months can you tell us the part you left out?
Don't expect insights quickly. My inside info was completely about uconn's actions, not necessarily a conferences. But I do believe the many schools are preparing for something to shake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom