No Temple - We need out of this Conf | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No Temple - We need out of this Conf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That may be true. But if the Big East won't have us, then what are the realistic probabilities of the ACC and Big 10 ever taking us?
So we invested 200 million in football, so that now we can drop football, to play in the Big East and get four million a year from the conference. Eat less paint chips. Dropping FB, and going in the BE is a long term loser. If were in this league long term were fahked. Only in your mind is dropping FB and joining the Big East a panacea. The rest of us know this confernce sucks, there just arent better alternatives at the moment.

Reaction Score
We always knew it but there has been resistance about trying to return to Big East. At this point it needs to be done in my opinion. The other conferences won't be calling anytime soon. The Big East apparently is still quite credible - Georgetown got a 4 seed and Xavier a 6 seed

No and no

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So we invested 200 million in football, so that now we can drop football, to play in the Big East and get four million a year from the conference. Eat less paint chips. Dropping FB, and going in the BE is a long term loser. If were in this league long term were fahked. Only in your mind is dropping FB and joining the Big East a panacea. The rest of us know this confernce sucks, there just arent better alternatives at the moment.

That money is gone. We could invest another $200 million and the ACC and Big 10 are not going to take us as long as we are irrelevant in this spithole of a league. This league is a long term loser. I don't know how much more evidence you need of that. Do I need to dig up the thread from last year where 2/3's of this board tried to argue the American was just as good a league as the Big East for UConn?

The only way the Big 10 or ACC take us is if we remain a top tier hoops program. So we need to do whatever we have to in order to make that happen, or just pack it in now and find a northern league we can join to cut travel costs.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
How many bids did the AAC get last year? And the NBE?
It was light out earlier today and now it's dark. It must mean it will remain dark forever'

I think SMU & Temple were screwed because the committee reads the BY. Funny how some of the same people leading the "This conference sucks" chants are now screaming about the lack of the respect the AAC gets.

Reaction Score
The Big East doesn't want UConn for entirely different reasons.

In any event, it's never going to happen.

Please enlighten me as to why the "big east", basically a mid major, wouldn't take Uconn back. I think it'd take one phone call and they would be ecstatic. It's a free option to have

Reaction Score
I really wonder what the conversations between Herbst and Manuel are like right now?

What do you think?

Anyone else think insteading of critically examining what has happened today and what it means for UConn they are actually debating the pros and cons of Twinkies vs. Ring Dings?

Reaction Score
That money is gone. We could invest another $200 million and the ACC and Big 10 are not going to take us as long as we are irrelevant in this spithole of a league. This league is a long term loser. I don't know how much more evidence you need of that. Do I need to dig up the thread from last year where 2/3's of this board tried to argue the American was just as good a league as the Big East for UConn?

The only way the Big 10 or ACC take us is if we remain a top tier hoops program. So we need to do whatever we have to in order to make that happen, or just pack it in now and find a northern league we can join to cut travel costs.
Without FB, they're NEVER going to have an interest in UConn. The same way they will never have in interest in GTown, or Nova, or Xavier. So your point is that the Big East is the best UConn will ever do, so lets drop football now. Got it.

Reaction Score
Tell me why any coach with options would come to a perennial 2 bid conference, which is where we are headed?
The old Big East had 3 and 4 bid years. We had a 2 bid year and a 4 bid year. It's a young league with a lot of returning players.

Not where I want to be, but I think next year the league is much better, and is treated better.

Having 5 sub-200 teams is killer. That's the biggest problem.

And no team really winning marquee OOC games. Except Temple, who killed Kansas, lost the remainder of their games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Broken record.

Reaction Score
Ucla over temple. Speechless. This conference has zero respect. Leads me to believe that if we won today we would have been in a 16 play in game

Oklahoma. (State) ? Record is 18 and 13.

Reaction Score
The old Big East had 3 and 4 bid years. We had a 3 bid year and a 4 bid year. It's a young league with a lot of returning players.

Not where I want to be, but I think next year the league is much better, and is treated better.

Having 5 sub-200 teams is killer. That's the biggest problem.

And no team really winning marquee OOC games. Except Temple, who killed Kansas, lost the remainder of their games.
I was really lookin at our RPI today our like 9 worst RPI games were conference games. Like sub-Coppin St and CCSU level.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Oklahoma. (State) ? Record is 18 and 13.

But but but best conference in America!

I'm no selection committee member or bracketologist, but some of these make me scratch my head.

Reaction Score
Football is the driving force...Lew Perkins knew this in 25 yrs ago when, he said we need to go D1 in Football. Yes, our football team is not good, now, but football is where the money is. The Big East is not a good fit anymore and wont take us. They are all catholic bball schools not a good fit. WAKE up Nelson ur FOS!!!

Reaction Score
Too bad TCU, Boise St. and San Diego State didn't join like they were going to. That would have helped basketball and football in this dumpster fire of a conference.
Things would have looked a lot better than they do today.

Reaction Score
So what are our football aspirations? To be as marginal as a Rutgers in the hopes that the B1G may some day take us? Seems like a huge waste of time and money plus if CT residents want our football fix we all just follow a real team like the Patriots. Football at UConn seems like a fools errand to me. We have a better chance at getting on ESPN and increasing UConn's exposure by scrapping football and starting a D1 Lacrosse program.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
don't blame the conference, blame a biased selfish ignorant committee

my guess is the AAC is yet to have representation on the committee

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The 2014-15 NCAA men's basketball tournament selection committee is chaired byUtah State AD Scott Barnes. He will be the one tasked with doing the television interviews and defending the 68-team field after it is announced on the Selection Show on CBS.

Barnes' Vice Chairman is Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione. He will serve as chairman for the 2015-16 season.

Here is a complete list of the rest of the 2014-15 NCAA men's basketball tournament committee:

• LSU AD Joe Alleva
  • Michigan State AD Mark Hollis
  • Conference USA associate commissioner Judy MacLeod
  • Creighton AD Bruce Rasmussen
  • Northeastern AD Peter Roby
  • UNC-Asheville AD Janet Cone
  • Stanford AD Bernard Muir
  • BYU AD Tom Holmoe

Reaction Score
LOL at Waylon thumping his chest about his prediction of football dragging down the basketball coming to fruition while they are still the defending national champions.

You seriously cannot make up Waylon Smithers.

Reaction Score
Unreal - Temple had an RPI of 34 - The longer we stay - we will be truly screwed. Recruits aren't going to leagues that give out 2 bids. Can't we stay in American for football and return to Big East for all other sports?
No

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
LOL at Waylon thumping his chest about his prediction of football dragging down the basketball coming to fruition while they are still the defending national champions.

You seriously cannot make up Waylon Smithers.

The AAC got 2 bids when it deserved 4. You really showed me.

Reaction Score
UCLA got in because they only lost to Arizona by 6. That is what the Chair of the Selection Committee said.

Jeez, if they were only going to look at one game, I wish it would have been the Temple-Kansas game. Much better rationale for including one team over the other.

Reaction Score
I'm almost thankful we didn't beat some combination of Yale/Houston/Texas or this Board would be out of control if we got snubbed like Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom