No second half TDs in four BE games this year. | The Boneyard

No second half TDs in four BE games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have had one FG. So we got that going for us.

Reaction Score
It's an excellent point and it speaks volumes. I just don't think they see the game very well.

Very disappointing because there is a load of talent on the defense and Whitmer can play. But, this coaching staff is really struggling.

That was the BE's worst defense we just faced. I don't see how you keep these guys if this finishes out like I believe it is going to.

Reaction Score
USF has been giving up like 28 points per game, and they didn't have an INT all year. There was NO way those stats were going to continue with UCONN coming in to play.

This year we:

1) lost to a team for the 2nd year in a row that can't even come close to a winning record in the MAC (the MAC is underrated, but when a team can't even approach a winning record in that league, they ain't good.);
2) had to rely on knocking down a Hail Mary to preserve a win against Buffalo who is essentially a 1AA team;
3) lost to a USF squad that was 1-12 in their previous 13 BE games. Make that 2-12.
4) We lost by a combined 46 points to our biggest geographical recruiting foes.

I don't think you can fire a coach after only 2 years unless they are found of ethical wrong-doing, but I don't see any way the AD should let him keep DeLeone. The OLine is the worst in BCS football. Normally I wouldn't say something like that because I'm not into bashing young men who are presumably trying their best, but I'm making that comment about DeLeone, NOT the players. They are better than that, but he clearly has "instilled" a horrible combination of scheme and/or ability to teach his scheme. In 2 years he has taken an experienced OLine who was gaining moderate national recognition as a downhill/smash-mouth unit with respectable pass coverage into a team with disgusting pass protection and non-existent run blocking. Those players didn't get bad overnight-what they were told and "taught" to do created this mess.

Reaction Score
Will go from a BCS team with a head of steam to 8-16 with statistical rankings amongst the worst in college football.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I don't think you can fire a coach after only 2 years unless they are found of ethical wrong-doing, but I don't see any way the AD should let him keep DeLeone.
I believe that the only way PP leaves after this season would be if WM asked him to fire GDL and he refused.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
To be fair, we haven't scored many first half TD's in BE games this year either.

Reaction Score
I believe that the only way PP leaves after this season would be if WM asked him to fire GDL and he refused.

Seriously? The UConn fandom still is giving PP another year. This situation is only going to get worse if he stays. In fact, if he really cared about this university he'd resign.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Seriously? The UConn fandom still is giving PP another year. This situation is only going to get worse if he stays. In fact, if he really cared about this university he'd resign.
Seriously what? We don't decide whether PP stays or goes, WM does. Do you honestly think he's going to be fired at the end of the year?

Reaction Score
Seriously what? We don't decide whether PP stays or goes, WM does. Do you honestly think he's going to be fired at the end of the year?

I think there is absolutely no way UConn can allow him to stay. He has totally wrecked this program.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
I think there is absolutely no way UConn can allow him to stay. He has totally wrecked this program.
How many college football head coaches have been fired after two seasons?

Reaction Score
Kansas fired Turner Gill. P is looking Turner Gill bad.

Reaction Score
I do. I honestly believe he will be gone

Reaction Score

Then let's be bold and one of the leaders. It's that bad at UConn right now. They are as bad as the undermanned '99 team was when they first went D1. They were but they sure weren't. Paul has put us back to that point and he hade better facilities - no trailors.

Reaction Score

Keeping P because he has only been here two years is asinine. Has BC benefited from keeping Spaz more than two years? Did Syracuse benefit from keeping Grob more than two years? What is the upside to bringing P back? What can P do here that is worthy of his 1.7 million dollar salary next year? We can get a better coach for half the money.

Reaction Score
I still say the students should chant "PP must go, PP must go, PP......

I gotta believe you'd see a few chuckles from the players

Have other schools started chants when their coaches have sucked this bad?

Reaction Score
Turner Gill would be a breath of fresh air compared to this. Hank Hughes would have done far better.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
People keep getting hung up on the difference between SHOULD PP stay and DO THEY THINK PP will stay. I don't think anyone can remotely defend him staying, but I think most people realize that he's going to get another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom