No Players at Presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Players at Presser

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We Need Answers From The NCAA - Pictures Appear To Show UConn Players Sharing Rooms With Smaller Beds Than Other Final Four Teams

Looks like the rooms or beds aren’t too big.
A full size bed measures 54 inches wide by 75 inches long, which is wider than a twin but narrower and shorter than a queen. DC measures 85 inches long. Do the math for everyone else. These beds are not adequate for a basketball team.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
the media is what allows the game to be as popular as it is. pretty classless move from hurley in my very humble and objective opinion.
In my considered opinion, "pretty classless" is neither "very humble" nor does it evidence enough of a context-conscious perspective to qualify as objective.

Perhaps you or "the media" can pursue the 'controversy' angle and boost the game's popularity.

As is, I'll wager there are some story ideas in there in the situation. Here are two:

"Coach Emphasizes Players' Healthy Self-care in Response to Incomparable Travel Delay"

"NCAA Travel Arrangements Result in Extreme Hardship for a Final Four Participant"

BOTH of the above headlines could be written with news emphasis.

EITHER story could generate opinion pieces across a spectrum of approval and drama. And there might even be some investigative journalism possibilities.
I know we are fired up and pissed off about the flight delay but @kobe is just goofing around.
Hold on a second. Don't forfeit the "both/and" possibility for the outdated, low-effort "either/or" paradigm.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
the media is what allows the game to be as popular as it is. pretty classless move from hurley in my very humble and objective opinion.
Get off my lawn!

Reaction Score
If the team is at the Hotel Palomar, according to their website all their rooms have either 2 queen beds or 1 king. No mention of twin or full beds. But it seems that basketball players should have king beds.

Reaction Score
If the team is at the Hotel Palomar, according to their website all their rooms have either 2 queen beds or 1 king. No mention of twin or full beds. But it seems that basketball players should have king beds.
Which means the full beds came from outside the hotel........

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
They sure don’t look like queens…could be the angle of the photo. Both standard queens and kings are only 80 inches long, but big enough for the tallest players to sleep comfortably diagonally.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Let him watch what is being consecrated here. And I want the people to watch what is going to be consecrated here. And I will bring my son down here, and he will watch.

Powerful thrusts filling the sultry night air
Best episode in the series.
Kobe reminds me of Cherry Blossom.

Reaction Score
If they have king beds it’s crazy that they didn’t save them for the players.

Hope Hurley goes nuclear

How is it possible they don’t treat all players exactly the same

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Kobe, were you alive for Cinci’s last FF presser in 92? (Their only one in 60 years!)

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Maybe the players were on the way but the same travel team from last night booked their bus to the arena?

Reaction Score
I know the team always share rooms on the road, is it possible clingan and maybe samson get king sizes on their own? Maybe he has the same set up as the kid from nc state. If he does NOT then thats insane

Reaction Score
I think a lot of players would gladly accept an early morning arrival if they could get out of having to go through the hassle of a media day. I am sure the UConn players are more than happy to hang at the hotel and relax, or do whatever the coaches want them to do.

Reaction Score
Focus a little more on Cincinnati reaching more than 1 Sweet 16 every 25 years

Do they have media obligations for the CIT?

Reaction Score
You are a total d bag.
#KobeLikesToWatch

EB19970525REVIEWS08401010303AR.jpg

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
A full size bed measures 54 inches wide by 75 inches long, which is wider than a twin but narrower and shorter than a queen. DC measures 85 inches long. Do the math for everyone else. These beds are not adequate for a basketball team.
7’2” is actually 86 “. And as Hurley has mentioned he is probably close to 7’3” so 87”

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The most disgusting food that's unique to a city. The one time I had it the girl put a bib on me and I felt like I was eating something from Petco with cinnamon in it.
And then they are like “ but the cheese tho…”

And all it is is shredded government cheese just dumped on top of the whole mess. Terrible texture terrible cheese no melt no nothing. When someone came up with the phrase related to eating saying “ I guess I’ll choke this down” I promise you that phrase was invented over a 3 way plate at skyline. You literally are choking it down. I’m gagging just reliving the experience typing this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom