No one watching USF vs RU? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No one watching USF vs RU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fire Skip Holtz. What a dumpster fire USF is every year.

I've been saying this for two years now, don't know how Holtz keeps his job year after year.

Reaction Score
The Playstation circle button reference was good I have to admit.

USF is more than a dumpster fire...

Reaction Score
New year, same old USF. Too many dumb mistakes at the worst possible time.

Reaction Score
anybody see Jamison's spin move?? talk about a Playstation reference. wow.

Reaction Score
Big win for the Knights. I feel very good no having been willing to jump on the USF bandwagon. On the other hand, I didn't expect their mid-October swoon to start so early.

With that win, whether they have an offense or not, RU, with winnable conference road games against Temple and Pitt left, may be the most likely team to give Louisville a run for its money. And, one has to now figure out trip to Tampa in November may be easier than our trip to Piscataway in 22 days.

Reaction Score
That was a pillow fight. Brutal game on the eyes. I was flipping around last night so I only caught bits and pieces of the 2nd half, but every time I turned on the game USF was commiting a turnover. I wasn't impressed by either squad.

I'm starting to think that Ville is going to walk through this conference.

Reaction Score
BJ is a terrific athlete, but at this stage in his collegete career there is nothing left to conclude other than a low football IQ.

Skip Holtz will be fighting for his job this season.

Reaction Score
This game is enough to make me swear off football. Daniels is the most overrated player in America.

Daniels always reminded me of Grothe, in that if you put together a highlight reel of 8 or 9 plays you'd think he was awesome, but then when you watch a whole game you realize most of those brilliant plays were immediately followed by nonsense and turnovers

Reaction Score
Daniels always reminded me of Grothe, in that if you put together a highlight reel of 8 or 9 plays you'd think he was awesome, but then when you watch a whole game you realize most of those brilliant plays were immediately followed by nonsense and turnovers

Very much agree. Daniels is by the most overrated player in the league.

Some other takeaways from what I saw last night.....

- Rutgers has issues running the ball. Maybe not OUR issues, but before his last fantastic TD run Jamison had about 100 yards on 40 carries.

- Nova didn't have a great game but made plays when he had to. He was terrific on 3rd down. The staff absolutely made the right call starting him over Dodd.

- Kyle Flood is a better game day coach than Schiano.

- A 7-5 season may not be enough for Skip to keep his job.

Reaction Score
we couldn't run the ball against UMass. keep that in mind before throwing stones at Rutgers. At the time we thought it was due to a vanilla scheme so NCState would be in the dark, but obviously that' was not the case. We just can't run the ball. And apparently it's still the strength of the offense

Reaction Score
We were down our 2nd RB, Jamison was tired come third quarter. He was gashing them in the first if not for the penalties and only had one or two negative runs. But he ended strong which is all you can ask for.

Compared to last year when we had -6 yards rushing against USF.

And Skip Holtz has this job due to his dad's name and Chris Johnson's talent.

Reaction Score
He was gashing them in the first if not for the penalties and only had one or two negative runs.

I was watching, if not for a few of the penalties he wouldn't have been gashing them. And USF made some nice adjustments in the second half.

RU has a very good defense, very good WRs, and the QB is dangerous when given time. But that OL reminds me of ours, terrible. They missed 2 or 3 obvious holds on your left tackle in the second half.

I wasn't overly impressed with the secondary. Three of the four INTs were drops by USF players.

Reaction Score
He was averaging over 6 ypc after the first two drives even with two or three decent runs called back.

And that 'terrible' o-line has had a 100 yard rusher the first three games and has given up zero sacks.

I like your defense better than USF's but come on man, terrible o-line? Let's wait until something terrible happens before using that word shall we?

Reaction Score
Rutgers D looked really good (I thought). They controlled the LOS and I envisioned our O really struggling to move the ball.
Rutgers O was interesting. I wasn't overly impressed, but at times their OL got great push and moved the USF DL, and other times they couldn't get out of their own way. Jamison showed flashes of being a pretty good RB and their TE (Jefferson) and three WR's are all tall, like in the 6'2" to 6'6" range.

RU had something like 10 penalties (3 for 25 yards on the games first 5 plays). They were very inconsistent.
USF turned it over a lot in key situations in the red zone. One was a terrible missedcall by the refs, but the others were bad decisions by Daniels (as someone posted already, if you think Whitmer threw into coverage....Daniels is even worse).

Rutgers looked decent I thought, and it will be a battle in NJ in a few weeks. Could be another 7-3, 10-7 game going either way. Not sure how either team s O is going to produce points on the others D.

Reaction Score
How many false starts and holds were called? And they missed more than a couple blatant holds. Your QB also does a good job getting rid of the ball when the pressure comes, even if it means intentional grounding (which happened last night too). So, while there were no sacks, it wasn't because there was no pressure.

Against the first real competition, your 100 yard rusher needed 41 carries to get over 100 yards. Not impressed. The spin move was a thing of beauty, but the USF defense was on the field forever thanks to 3 second half TOs.

Reaction Score
Against both of your competitors this year you have zero 100 yard rushers, this is including a team that is still playing with FCS talent.

I'm not saying our o-line is good, just compared to the last two years they are. That's all I can hope for.

Reaction Score
Against both of your competitors this year you have zero 100 yard rushers, this is including a team that is still playing with FCS talent.

I'm not saying our o-line is good, just compared to the last two years they are. That's all I can hope for.

I already admitted our OL was terrible.

Maybe yours is better than the last 2 years. That's not saying much.

We're both going to struggle to score on eachother. Our DL and LBs (if healthy) will wreak havoc on your OL. If our OC doesn't remove his head from his @ss, we're going to have to score on defense against you.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
RU D is faster than UConn D. OL is MUCH improved from last 2 years... Our best OL since 2009... Our O is still inconsistent as is the run and pass blocking... though the O is getting better with each game...

Our D played well... able to get consistent penetration while rushing 5... A LOT of lucky breaks for USF with RU penalties and tipped/should be ints going for completions... We need to cut our penalties in half...

In the first half Jamison was averaging 6yds/carry and that was with about 40yds of rushing called back on penalties... 2nd half USF stacked the box... often with 8 or 9 guys making our passing attack look better in the 2nd half and our run attack looking worse...

Special teams didn't have a good day... Our offense is still a work in progress (I still think it is better than UConn's O) but has improved steadily from game to game... If we can beat Arkansas next week, we have a shot of starting the season 9-0 before we head into Cincinnati, Pitt, Louisville to end the season...

RU and UConn teams are very similar... however RU's D is slightly faster/quicker and RU's O is a better running and passing team. You guys have better special teams... JMHO...

BTW do you guys have a bye after next week heading into the RU-UConn game in Oct? We do... Just wondering if you guys do to...

BTW Temple, Cincinnati, USF and Louisville are very similar teams in that they all have dual threats at QB... Temple is the worst of the bunch, followed by Cincinnati, USF and Louisville (in that order, worst to best)...

Temple has a good run game, running QB but poor passing game and SLOW defense... Cincy is the same with more team speed and poor rush defense. USF has a good rush offense with great team speed, great OL/DL. Louisville has the leagues ONLY legitimate dual threat that can run and pass WELL... though they have a suspect secondary...

Our defense should be able to stop all BE offenses we face this season (under 30pts)... The big question is if our offense can move the ball consistently on offense and defense... only time will tell...

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
It's not close... Speed-wise USF D is similar to RU D... UConn D is a bit slower... BUT you guys don't move around as much as we do so it's not as much of a negative... RU D needs to be fast to constantly shift in and out of looks while being in position for each play...

Reaction Score
It's not close... Speed-wise USF D is similar to RU D... UConn D is a bit slower... BUT you guys don't move around as much as we do so it's not as much of a negative... RU D needs to be fast to constantly shift in and out of looks while being in position for each play...

Do you not receive the attention you crave on the RU board?

Reaction Score

Keep digging. Or chopping.

Or smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member