no NIT | The Boneyard

no NIT

Reaction Score
If healthy this is exactly the type of team who could benefit from the NIT
Post season play for guys like Vital ,Jackson and even Adans never hurts and I'm sure Facey wouldn't mind ending his career in NYC.
You only play AB if you need him. Maybe some incentive for a Norwalk kid to come of age.
If you have a bunch of upperclassmen with post season experience it's torture
For the kids it's great especially if you get to the semis.
MSG is always a great place for UConn.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Bummer. Would have liked to see the energy from the last two games continue.

Been looking at some videos - I think we are all going to like Tyler Polley, particularly as a sophomore.

Reaction Score
You have to be .500 or better to make the NIT, those are the rules of the tournament, I guess you all weren't aware.

Reaction Score
We beat UCF, Houston, Cuse a number 1 seed in the NIT. As depleted as we are we were better than some, but like the tourney it's not the best 64 or 32 in these things. No problem, some of the players will remember and motivate themselves.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You have to be .500 or better to make the NIT, those are the rules of the tournament, I guess you all weren't aware.

An actual document was posted in another thread that stated the NIT no longer has that rule, whereas I believe the CIT (?) continues to use it...

Reaction Score
We can't even get an invite to the CIT??? haha What a time to be alive!
Maybe the administration turned it down and didnt want to make a big deal out of it.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Just checked the fields for the CIT and CBI, and we're not in either one. No idea if we were given the option to participate or not, but either way, we can officially close the book on this season.

Reaction Score
alright, the season is officially over, last one turn the lights out please.

Reaction Score
Bummer. Would have liked to see the energy from the last two games continue.

Been looking at some videos - I think we are all going to like Tyler Polley, particularly as a sophomore.
Polley looks more like a 3 to me and he has shown a good mid range shot in the videos. Kind of a tweener but if he can translate his skills to Div. 1 he will help. I really like Durham especially with a full season under his repaired knees. We could really use a musular guy with a wide ass next season.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
We can't even get an invite to the CIT??? haha What a time to be alive!

CIT is exclusively for the low-mid-majors and below.

Reaction Score
Time to bump the off season Pizza thread.

After how dismal last season was—yes, 2016-17 is, finally, officially over—the better thread to bump would probably be the “best beer” thread, so that we can all at least start drowning our sorrows until First Night in October and avoid the offseason recruiting threads.

Or better yet—given how emotionally deflating last season was—someone should probably start a “best moonshine/pure grain alcohol” thread.

I can’t do it because I’m currently swimming in a pool of 190 proof Everclear.

Not entirely unrelated, is anyone familiar with crack or heroin? Do they help you forget?

Reaction Score
An actual document was posted in another thread that stated the NIT no longer has that rule, whereas I believe the CIT (?) continues to use it...
Okay, I've never seen a team in the NIT below .500, I guess we will see if that changes, thanks for the heads up.

Reaction Score
None of us like when the season comes to a sudden end, but maybe we can just exhale now and look forward. With all that was placed on Adams shoulders over the past month and the heavy minutes I was just praying he did not suffer some sort of stress fracture or tear something which would destroy us for next year. Retool, reload, and get ready to battle next next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom