No news soon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No news soon

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
aka my favorite pizza topping, thanks to Bufalina.

It's basically the bacon of prosciutto.

Never heard of it. Sounds like it would be great on pizza.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
aka my favorite pizza topping, thanks to Bufalina.

It's basically the bacon of prosciutto.
I salute your pizza game sir.

hat tip clint.gif

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Never heard of it. Sounds like it would be great on pizza.
The one at the bottom of @August_West 's photo is their Tre Carni, which features speck, sausage and and salame piccante. It is a staple of their regular menu and the only pie my youngest daughter ever gets there because it is so perfect. She has literally ordered it dozens of times. I love that she always gets it, because that means I *almost* always get a slice or two of it; but that also frees me up to order a special or something off their seasonal menu. I believe the top pie in August's photo was a special that night.

Speaking of which, no review @August_West ?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The one at the bottom of @August_West 's photo is their Tre Carni, which features speck, sausage and and salame piccante. It is a staple of their regular menu and the only pie my youngest daughter ever gets there because it is so perfect. She has literally ordered it dozens of times. I love that she always gets it, because that means I *almost* always get a slice or two of it; but that also frees me up to order a special or something off their seasonal menu. I believe the top pie in August's photo was a special that night.

Speaking of which, no review @August_West ?
Sorry meant to get back to this . Had to put the dog down yesterday, rough day.

So yeah. The top pie was the special and I wish I could remember all the components or what they called it but it was fricking fantastic. A white pie obviously
With speck and Buffalo mootz and some really garlicky infused oil. There was more but that was the gist and it was really really good . I liked the Tre Carni a lot it was also very good but I liked that special twice as much. But then I’m a white pie preference guy just by nature, so that tilts it right there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

So yeah. The top pie was the special and I wish I could remember all the components or what they called it but it was fricking fantastic. A white pie obviously
With speck and Buffalo mootz and some really garlicky infused oil. There was more but that was the gist and it was really really good . I liked the Tre Carni a lot it was also very good but I liked that special twice as much. But then I’m a white pie preference guy just by nature, so that tilts it right there.
Sorry to hear about your dog. That's never easy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Ugh, that sucks about the dog. Sorry. Ours just had surgery and although I swallowed hard at the cost, it remains far preferable to the alternative. That's going to be a very rough day for us.

It is rare that I don't get the special at Bufalina, no matter what it is, and even if it doesn't sound appealing to me at first glance. I have learned to trust them, especially with seasonal ingredients. I was bummed to miss their special with ramps a few weeks ago. Won't see that for another year.

Oh, and the salad is always a must--again, whatever it is.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ugh, that sucks about the dog. Sorry. Ours just had surgery and although I swallowed hard at the cost, it remains far preferable to the alternative. That's going to be a very rough day for us.

It is rare that I don't get the special at Bufalina, no matter what it is, and even if it doesn't sound appealing to me at first glance. I have learned to trust them, especially with seasonal ingredients. I was bummed to miss their special with ramps a few weeks ago. Won't see that for another year.

Oh, and the salad is always a must--again, whatever it is.

I missed the ramps by 2 days. Was hoping i made it

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
All good postdictions.

From Wikipedia on the concept of "Postdiction"

"Most predictions from such figures as Nostradamus and James Van Praagh express the future with such seemingly deliberate vagueness and ambiguity as to make interpretation nearly impossible before the event, rendering them useless as predictive tools"

Postdiction - Wikipedia

Could it be that Chief is merely Nostradamus reincarnated?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The name speck for a food makes it sound like it's a cousin of Spam, or maybe Scrapple. I'm also at a loss to describe what a ramp is, other than a means used to gain access to a super highway.

You people hijacked a thread about nothing and turned it into yet another pizza thread. While that's OK for those of you who live in CT, please consider how it makes those of us who live in pizza wasteland (i.e. anywhere other than CT) feel when we are subjected to reading about all these wonderful CT pizza delicacies. Showing photos of some of these constitutes an even higher level of cruel and unusual punishment. It is sheer torture for us to read about, or worse, see these referenced iconic pizza creations from CT.

Reaction Score
The name speck for a food makes it sound like it's a cousin of Spam, or maybe Scrapple. I'm also at a loss to describe what a ramp is, other than a means used to gain access to a super highway.

You people hijacked a thread about nothing and turned it into yet another pizza thread. While that's OK for those of you who live in CT, please consider how it makes those of us who live in pizza wasteland (i.e. anywhere other than CT) feel when we are subjected to reading about all these wonderful CT pizza delicacies. Showing photos of some of these constitutes an even higher level of cruel and unusual punishment. It is sheer torture for us to read about, or worse, see these referenced iconic pizza creations from CT.

Pizza wasteland is an understatement, here on the west coast of Florida we live in the Sahara of anything even approaching edible Italian food, especially pizza. I visit CT a few times a year to see my grandkids, pizza, see my sons and more pizza. Sad.

Reaction Score
Pizza wasteland is an understatement, here on the west coast of Florida we live in the Sahara of anything even approaching edible Italian food, especially pizza. I visit CT a few times a year to see my grandkids, pizza, see my sons and more pizza. Sad.
It's no better on Florida's east coast. The first meal I have when I visit CT is almost always pizza!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom