No Maya | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Maya

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Pamela McGee has a son and a daughter who both play professionally, Imani and JaVale! Pamela is in the Hall of Fame, and Javale has won three NBA titles, so I'd say that's pretty good!

Imani is actually taking a break from basketball to pursue a law degree!

Reaction Score
I have no idea if Maya wants to play basketball again. I do know that having income is pretty important. In her situation it might not be a bad idea to take some more time off and then play overseas for a few years. I'm sure she could pick any team that suits her fancy and get the max salary that team can pay. Some teams - Russia, China, Israel for instance - pay their superstar in the $4 million range for a 5 month season. That would give her more than half the year off (excepting some normal conditioning work), and let her build a sizable nest egg to let her do whatever full time after a few years.

Reaction Score
As I've posted previously I absolutely loved Maya's game. There was a beauty in the way she rose and released her shot and her intensity and focus were palpable on bothe ends of the court. As a fan and most definitely as an opponent you knew if her team was behind no lead was safe - she could just takeover the game. Maya was always 100% engaged in the game, fiercely committed to be the best player and teammate she could be. As I also mentioned before, I don't think Maya could ever play at less than her best - by that I mean wholly invested. It simply isn't in her. With other truly significant things in her life now that simply isn't in the cards. So with regret I too can't see her coming back. I would love to see her back on the hardwood but as with those who have posted I simply wish her the best as she moves beyond basketball.

Reaction Score
Imani is actually taking a break from basketball to pursue a law degree!
Immani may be taking a break from basketball to pursue a law degree, but she was never good enough to be in the W in the first place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom