No Love for Tiffany? | The Boneyard

No Love for Tiffany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tiff gets no love, guess she doesn't rep UConn well after sitting out a game due to maxing out her technical count. If she had won we would have been"proud'er"?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice game by Tiff. She has become a very good player and a strong second scoring option behind Angel.

Reaction Score
Nice game by Tiff. She has become a very good player and a strong second scoring option behind Angel.

In fact, it seems that Tiffany is the pillar of consistency for that team, while Angel is up and down.

Reaction Score
I've always been a big fan. Still remember the game against Louisville in her freshman year when Walz decided not to guard her. After her fourth or fifth 3, he realized that wasn't such a good idea.

Reaction Score
I noticed in the Chicago game that Tiff is playing more out of control! I understand the hustling but she seems to be throwing her body around trying to play offense and/or defense and that gets her in foul trouble which leads to her mouthing off to the refs which leads to a suspension for too many technical fouls!
She wanted to explode at the refs calls several times but her teammates kept her in line!
There's a big difference between playing out of control and hustling!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Hayes was very good yesterday. With Tamera Young on McCoughtry, Hayes was guarded by Pondexter much of the time, who is not a great defender at this point of her career. She was able to get into the lane almost at will.

Atlanta's problem was defense. Vandersloot (13 assists) ran a great game from the point guard spot and got everyone good looks and those looks fell. Chicago maybe shot a little better than you would normally expect but many of the looks were wide open. The zones that they threw at Chicago didn't work at all. I have been critical of her coaching but credit Pokey for having the team prepared.

Reaction Score
Tiff gets no love, guess she doesn't rep UConn well after sitting out a game due to maxing out her technical count. If she had won we would have been"proud'er"?

I know you are trying to get a rise out of us fans---Tiff does not require 30 points with a win to gain the respect she already has.
For many it was an oversight. So I am pleased it was acknowledge here.

Reaction Score
Tiffany has had an outstanding Pro career and was as good as any 2-guard in the WNBA this year.There is a number of you that doubted she would make it ,but she did.This young lady has always been a hustler.I do not agree with her current behavior but perhaps Diana and Angel's persona has rubbed off on her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Any other UConn alum going for 30 would have had a thread going while the game was in progress.
Maya had 31 last night, and I didn't see any thread. ;)

And Dee would have gone over 30 if her coach played her at all in the 4th.

Reaction Score
Maya had 31 last night, and I didn't see any thread. ;)

And Dee would have gone over 30 if her coach played her at all in the 4th.

It was as if no one was watching the game or was interested. Surprising given all the attention focused on the Phoenix-Minnesota series here in previous years.

FWIW: Phoenix did not play at all poorly yesterday and is still a tough out.
Chicago is competing quite nicely without its top player.
Los Angeles played as well without Parker on the floor as they did with her out there. This might be their year. They are fortunate to not have to play Phoenix, a team with whom they do not match up very favorably.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was as if no one was watching the game or was interested. Surprising given all the attention focused on the Phoenix-Minnesota series here in previous years.

FWIW: Phoenix did not play at all poorly yesterday and is still a tough out.
Chicago is competing quite nicely without its top player.
Los Angeles played as well without Parker on the floor as they did with her out there. This might be their year. They are fortunate to not have to play Phoenix, a team with whom they do not match up very favorably.
The Phoenix v. Minnesota game looked like a heavyweight fight at times. It was definitely an A game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom