No Longer an Hors d'oeuvre | The Boneyard

No Longer an Hors d'oeuvre

Reaction Score
As Michael Buffer is known to say, " Let's get ready to rumble tonight."

This game is going to be a dogfight. Kara Lawson is a smart coach and I imagine her game plan begins with not letting either Paige or Aaliyah beat them or have a monster game. I'm certain that Paige will have a thing or two to say about the outcome, but the freshmen are going to play pivotal roles, particularly Ashlynn.

So far, the brights lights have left Ash unfazed. The season has been a long process, and has prepared Ashlynn for this moment. Her confidence is flowing and she has a clear understanding of what her role is. While Paige might be option 1, tonight may be the night where she announces herself to the rest of the country as belonging in the top tier of fabulous freshmen. While her more celebrated freshmen counterparts had understated games yesterday, I fully expect Ashlynn to be ready, anxious and willing to answer the bell.

Just as ESPN and the rest of the country were forced to acknowledge Paige's brilliance, Ashlynn is going to force herself into the conversation and inclusion of future stars.

Reaction Score
A “dog fight” not a rock fight. I don’t expect Duke to play the “physical” game with all the slapping and clawing and shoving and holding we’ve seen lately. Not all teams play that way. And it doesn’t seem to be Lawson’s way of coaching.

What does shutting down Paige entail? Double and triple teams don’t work because this unlocks her passing game. She wants a triple team. Teams that defend her that way are practically handing her the win.

Unless Duke has someone who can defend Paige one-on-one, she will have her way with them. This means if Ash finds the range then Aaliyah will have a good game. This is a difficult trio to stop if Ash is on her game. And Ash is used to playing in high pressure situations. She was always the go-to player in high school and carried her team to the state championship. The gravy is if Nika and KK and Ice and Q can get some buckets too.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah is a tough match up for most teams that only have one post player. She is strong, smart and determined and she didn't have a great first weekend by her standards. I expect her to really shine tonight and Paige will continue to do what ever she wants to the opposition. They will need Ash or Nika and KK to have a good supporting night too. That along with great defense should do the trick.

Reaction Score
I’m getting really anxious as the time draws near. But I plan on locking myself in a room, away from all family members, so that I can watch the game in peace! And hopefully I won’t have to talk to, or shout at the TV too much. Go Huskies! Go UConn!

Reaction Score
My guess is Paige Aaliyah Ash will combine for 60+, which means everyone else needs to chip in 25+

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My guess is Paige Aaliyah Ash will combine for 60+, which means everyone else needs to chip in 25+
Geez, when you said Paige, Aaliyah, and Ash would combine for 60, I was thinking that's plenty. Duke has a great defense, but their offense is just okay. I'm thinking UConn will hold them to mid-60's. (I checked the prognosticators thread after I wrote this, and I have Duke scoring 63 in that, so I agree with myself.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom