No Foul – Game was over | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Foul – Game was over

Reaction Score
First of all the reversal was wrong. Not because I'm sure the ball didn't go off of Bouks finger tips but because you couldn't tell for sure if it stayed in contact with the Cincy players forearm directing it the way it went. No way they can reverse that considering their call.

On the last play of the OT first of all Cumberland was taking too long to try to get open, great job by CV, and then after a little travel which they never call CV went straight up and Cumby forced the contact moving forward into CV knowing he wasn't getting the shot off so why not try to get to the line. No call, clock or not, would've been the right call anyway.

Reaction Score
First of all the reversal was wrong. Not because I'm sure the ball didn't go off of Bouks finger tips but because you couldn't tell for sure if it stayed in contact with the Cincy players forearm directing it the way it went. No way they can reverse that considering their call.

On the last play of the OT first of all Cumberland was taking too long to try to get open, great job by CV, and then after a little travel which they never call CV went straight up and Cumby forced the contact moving forward into CV knowing he wasn't getting the shot off so why not try to get to the line. No call, clock or not, would've been the right call anyway.

This annoyed me quite a bit. Unless the refs had a different camera angle (from the side) there was absolutely no way to tell whether that went off his arm. Should not have been reversed.

Reaction Score
Yeah I said this in the chat. Replay showed it clearly. It was otherwise a foul on Vital.
That’s one that I feel generally doesn’t get called. Cumberland was just playing for the foul, which refs seem to rarely reward on last second shots. That being said, he traveled to initiate that contact and it was after time expired so the right outcome happened regardless.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
All that said Cumberland had his worse game that I can remember , especially against us, thanks to CV and Brendan's defense. He was 1 for 11 with 5 TO's and while he had 11 dimes he actually didn't manage the game very well, especially on that last play when he didn't get a shot off, or get that ball to Scott who had the hot hand

Reaction Score
The game was over and Cumberland was the initiated contact. Therefore, NO FOUL!

This is true ! He jumped into the Uconn defender . If anything it should of been an offensive foul.

Reaction Score
That isn't the case. If a defender is in the air and not having jumped vertically, and the shooter jumps in to him, that is a foul. The shooter has the right to any airspace except for that where the defender is standing, or straight above that.

That having been said, this is a non-discussion. The photo shows the ball still in Cumberland's hand, and his feet on the floor, with the backboard lit up. There is no continuation with the clock running out as there is on an "and one," where if you're in the process of shooting and time runs out you get continuation. He hadn't shot when the buzzer sounded, and thus he couldn't be fouled in the act of shooting.

Reaction Score
This annoyed me quite a bit. Unless the refs had a different camera angle (from the side) there was absolutely no way to tell whether that went off his arm. Should not have been reversed.
I totally agree with that. I would love to hear the refs explain why they reversed the original call since I couldn't see anything on the replay that was conclusive. I was really mad when they reversed the call and if they had lost because of that call I would have been livid.

Reaction Score
The CBS team acknowledged the foul was after the buzzer when showing highlights during the Evansville game that followed UConn-Cincy, noting they watched it repeatedly and it was clear the foul came after the buzzer

Reaction Score
looks like the official on the endline was about to hit the shooter with a delayed travel call right before the buzzer

Reaction Score
looks like the official on the endline was about to hit the shooter with a delayed travel call right before the buzzer
I was at the game and saw that official raise his hand and move the whistle to his mouth. In the moment I thought he was going to call the foul, but maybe you’re right in saying he had a travel. It seemed to me like he changed his mind after looking at the other ref, who was making the “game over” sign with his hands. He definitely moved his eyes from the play to his partner before aborting the blow of the whistle. Whatever. That crowd was so loud- and, frankly, so pissed off about the officiating all game- it would’ve taken some serious cojones to make that call against UCONN. If this team goes on a run from here, I think this game might be looked at as the breakthrough, and I’m proud to say that the crowd was a big part of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom