No Foul – Game was over | The Boneyard

No Foul – Game was over

Reaction Score
Thought this still from the other thread showed it better. If they had called the foul would they have gone to the monitor to see if the foul occurred after the buzzer?
1581280213444.png

Reaction Score
That seems to show it all. Also, when the play happened in real time, it looked like he also traveled but I'd like to see the replay on that aspect. Anyone see the replay on that part?

Reaction Score
That seems to show it all. Also, when the play happened in real time, it looked like he also traveled but I'd like to see the replay on that aspect. Anyone see the replay on that part?

Yes, he absolutely traveled. Once he took that step-back, his feet were set. He threw another jab step after to try to initiate contact. Should have been a travel.

Reaction Score
It’s about time that one of these close calls or non calls went our way. I felt as if Akok didn’t have enough control of the ball to be called for travel and he was actually tripped by Cumberland. I also feel like they missed the push on Josh when he was called out of bounds. Finally, something went our way. YOU know very well this could have been a foul easily.

Reaction Score
Yes, he absolutely traveled. Once he took that step-back, his feet were set. He threw another jab step after to try to initiate contact. Should have been a travel.
Thanks - it looked that way to the naked eye.

Reaction Score
It’s about time that one of these close calls or non calls went our way. I felt as if Akok didn’t have enough control of the ball to be called for travel and he was actually tripped by Cumberland. I also feel like they missed the push on Josh when he was called out of bounds. Finally, something went our way. YOU know very well this could have been a foul easily.
With all the garbage calls that have went against us this year...on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being most guilty, and 1 being least guilty, Im about a negative 200.

Reaction Score
Was in the car and the radio guy says a foul occurred but was not called. Even our own announcer.

Reaction Score
I hadn't actually seen the clock element of this. And the CBS announcers went on about how it was a foul. It sure looked like one to me. Unless of course it was after time had expired. :)

Reaction Score
I hadn't actually seen the clock element of this. And the CBS announcers went on about how it was a foul. It sure looked like one to me. Unless of course it was after time had expired. :)
It looked like Cumberland jumped into Vital and initiated the contact. Announcer seemed to be hoping Cincinnati would win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm enjoying seeing Cincy fans complain on twitter right now about AAC officials
Ever seen our chat room?
Could it be both fan bases are right??? Is it possible the AAC officials do suck, which is why won today? Yes. Yes, they do suck and that is why won. Message to cinci fans: live with it. We UConn fans had to. Especially this year.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Slo-mo'd a few plays at the end. First, the ball did graze off of Bouknight's fingers, but from the angle they showed you couldn't tell if it was still in contact with Williams arm after that. IMO, there wasn't enough to overturn the call on the court.

Second, Cumberland's feet were still on the floor when time expired (as shown in the screenshot above), so when he jumped into Vital, the clock had already expired. So even if it was a foul, it was after the game was over.

Great win in the type of game we had been losing this year!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Was in the car and the radio guy says a foul occurred but was not called. Even our own announcer.
Slo-mo'd a few plays at the end. First, the ball did graze off of Bouknight's fingers, but from the angle they showed you couldn't tell if it was still in contact with Williams arm after that. IMO, there wasn't enough to overturn the call on the court.

Second, Cumberland's feet were still on the floor when time expired (as shown in the screenshot above), so when he jumped into Vital, the clock had already expired. So even if it was a foul, it was after the game was over.
So you're saying the radio announcer was wrong? Well alright then.

Reaction Score

Great win in the type of game we had been losing this year!

How many times have we heard the review was not conclusive so the call stands? Only in the AAC.
We replayed those last 2.7 seconds a frame at a time and it's clear the backboard is lit up when the contact happened so no foul. It was annoying, to say the least, to listen to that Villanova grad going on about how there was a foul without replaying it in slo-mo to verify it. Of course, they had to get to the Purple Aces game so there wasn't time. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom