No evidence UConn has been making Power Five conference push | The Boneyard

No evidence UConn has been making Power Five conference push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The article seems laughable....but the problem is with the perception that it creates....particularly with the "NBC Sports" in the link..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Second, UConn has already made the difficult decision to abandon the Big East. The Huskies went al in with football at the expense of breaking up its long-standing history in the Big East in basketball.

Uh, no... idiot.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Does that article qualify as journalism? That article does not justify the space it has taken up in the Internet.

How do people get journalism or opinion jobs in the media world these days? No wonder blogs and message boards thrive. This was a case of open mouth and prove you know nothing. Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing.

Reaction Score
It would seem, at this point, the Huskies have settled in with their new spot in the AAC.
First, the more natural fit for UConn would be a conference that falls much closer within the school’s reach

So instead we're going to decide to stay in a conference with almost the exact same foot print but 1/8 of the profit. Great reporting.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Second, UConn has already made the difficult decision to abandon the Big East. The Huskies went al in with football at the expense of breaking up its long-standing history in the Big East in basketball.

Uh, no... idiot.
He made a couple statements like this one in that short little story that proved he knows absolutely nothing about college sports biz that it is. Nothing.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's clickbait. Say something that irritates people and they'll share it. Maybe more than if you write something positive. He just got himself a few hundred clicks or more from riled up UConn fans.

Reaction Score
We follow realignment news/rumors about UConn more than a non-UConn or casual UConn fan. That being said, there are so many problems with this "article" that any sports or even non-sports jounalist would never make.

• Just because of the FOIA response, it means UConn isn't doing anything or they're acting shady. This is bad journalism. A journalist has to know that FOIA is a game.
  • References to Cincy, Houston and Temple being out there in "realignment talk" but not UConn. He's referencing rumors. Typing in "UConn Big 12" would've brought him more hits than Temple and just as many as Houston and Cincy.
  • Reference to UConn being far down the list of Big 12 picks means he hasn't read actual quotes from Big 12 presidents. Those aren't rumors.
  • The last 2 paragraphs are the best. UConn abandoned the Big East to go all-in with football, but they are going to be content in the AAC? If they are "all-in" with football, they'd be pursuing P5 inclusion at any cost.
  • If UConn gets an invitation to any P5 there should be conversations about whether to accept or not. Really? Conversation: "Should we..." "WE ACCEPT."
I'm hoping it's just click bait, or this guy wins an anti-Pulitzer.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The photo is from the Spring Game from some point prior to 2 years ago. That is the old video board, and no one is in the stands.

On game day, the lower bowl below the scoreboard contains some of the most well occupied sections in the stadium + all the fans hanging out in front of the screen.

It almost makes me want to register just to comment.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Temple garners a mention in this article presumably because McGuire operates out of Philadelphia, PA.

Reaction Score
I believe that was the single lamest collection of random words I have ever read, including posts by BC fans. I can only hope "Kevin McGuire" is a prankster who managed to hack into NBC Sports and not an intern taking up space, let alone someone who is actually getting paid.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I also find the comment below to laughable. This is why our society is going to implode eventually... anyone with access to the internet can anonymously post

"Big 10 NOT an option, members must be part of AAU which UCONN isn’t and shows little desire to be."

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I also find the comment below to laughable. This is why our society is going to implode eventually... anyone with access to the internet can anonymously post

"Big 10 NOT an option, members must be part of AAU which UCONN isn’t and shows little desire to be."

Lol. I noticed that one too. Made me chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom