No Disputing My Man Newton | The Boneyard

No Disputing My Man Newton

Reaction Score
I'd love to see him get his field goal shooting above 40%. Just reducing the missed layups would do it.

Did he have tape or a wrap on one of his hands? I remember seeing it earlier in the season, but then I thought he got rid of it.

Reaction Score
Didn’t seem to even be looking to shoot today, that’s cool. Played very under control.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So good, so important

Reaction Score
I'd love to see him get his field goal shooting above 40%. Just reducing the missed layups would do it.
His hand has been wrapped for 3 or 4 games now. Probably about as long as his shooting has been off.
He'll heal, and be fine.

Reaction Score
His hand has been wrapped for 3 or 4 games now. Probably about as long as his shooting has been off.
He'll heal, and be fine.

Oddly enough, i think he's shooting better from the line since. I hope it's minor whatever it is.

Reaction Score
Rest that injury this week. Give Castle more time at the point against DePaul and Ball some more minutes.
The kid played 30 minutes in a blowout. I don‘t think the staff is too concerned.

Reaction Score
Don't really need to rest a hand injury. Just a matter of effectiveness.

Reaction Score
The free throw shooting as been good enough, albeit was hoping he would get closer to mid 80s like he was at ECU this year.

The bigger concern is 3-point shooting. 1-12 in the last 4 games. He looks more rushed on his shot than he did last year. He clearly still has it as we have seen from time to time, but the consistency has not been there and is currently 30% from 3 for the season after shooting 36% last year and 33% the year before.

I consider his 3-pt shooting the final frontier for this offense to reach a level we have only seen during the X game. At the beginning of the year Newton was shooting well and Castle wasn't, now it's flipped. If Newton can figure it out and Castle can sustain most of his gains it means you have four shooters on the floor giving maximum space for Clingan to work in post and the guards to either shoot or attack close outs in the lane.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The free throw shooting as been good enough, albeit was hoping he would get closer to mid 80s like he was at ECU this year.

The bigger concern is 3-point shooting. 1-12 in the last 4 games. He looks more rushed on his shot than he did last year. He clearly still has it as we have seen from time to time, but the consistency has not been there and is currently 30% from 3 for the season after shooting 36% last year and 33% the year before.

I consider his 3-pt shooting the final frontier for this offense to reach a level we have only seen during the X game. At the beginning of the year Newton was shooting well and Castle wasn't, now it's flipped. If Newton can figure it out and Castle can sustain most of his gains it means you have four shooters on the floor giving maximum space for Clingan to work in post and the guards to either shoot or attack close outs in the lane.

I would imagine the hand issue lining up with that 1-12 stretch is not a coincidence. Hopefully it heals up and he gets back closer to that 36% mark.

Reaction Score

I think what Rico said below in his post is true. Newton's hand must have been hurting for a while. Hopefully his hand has healed up. I can't think of a better opponent to get back on track than DePaul. It will be like a practicing in an empty gym with all the 20 fans at the arena.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom