NO DDeshields Sighting in Turkish League Signings | The Boneyard

NO DDeshields Sighting in Turkish League Signings

Reaction Score
When I first heard the news of DD playing in Turkey, I suggested that we should take that piece of information with a "large grain of salt." It now appears that we need the whole salt shaker.
She probably just assumed Euro teams would be fighting for her services. Another examples of over evaluating her own value. Maybe some agent got in her ear.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She probably just assumed Euro teams would be fighting for her services. Another examples of over evaluating her own value. Maybe some agent got in her ear.
You make a good point that begs the question, "How exactly do foreign teams evaluate US WBB players for the purposes of signing them? I believe the respective foreign leagues all limit the number of US born players that can be signed in order to promote development of "home grown" players.

I doubt that foreign teams invest a lot of resources in scouting US college games. My suspicion is that they look at the AA teams, the WNBA draft as well as WNBA rosters before they set their sites on US players. DD checks off none of those boxes.

Reaction Score
Give the kid a break. There are a lot of things she wants to do and maybe none of that will turn out as she expected but the season there i still a long way before it begins, don't even know if she has an agent yet, She is talented, hasn't really played for a decent coach yet and she might turn out ok.
Needs time to get out of her cocoon and maybe working overseas away from mom and dad will help that. Maybe not.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Rumor has it that DD is going to sign with Dallas at mid season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Can she do that? And what would happen to Saniya?
They will probably have to cut Saniya to make room for Diamond. Poor Saniya can't catch a break, four years of Geno holding her back and now this.:eek:

Reaction Score
Diamond signing with Dallas will be an utter disaster if it happens. There isn't enough minutes in the game to satisfy the egos of Davis and Diamond together. The real losers will be Glory and Diggins who are playing great this season.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
My understanding is that Diamond cannot sign as a free agent with Dallas. She was not eligible for the 2017 draft or any before. Until she has gone thru a WNBA draft, she is not a free agent and cannot sign with a WNBA team..

I would assume the Dallas front office is aware of the rules.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My understanding is that Diamond cannot sign as a free agent with Dallas. She was not eligible for the 2017 draft or any before. Until she has gone thru a WNBA draft, she is not a free agent and cannot sign with a WNBA team..

I would assume the Dallas front office is aware of the rules.
Oh come on, this is Diamond we are talking about! Rules? What rules?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Chrome's translation of that little news note from trb:

Bilyoner.com Women's Basketball League teams are interested in Galatasaray Diamond Deshields.

The 22-year-old was playing in the NCAA in Tennessee Lady Vols.

DeShields was 17.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, 42.3% shooting average. Diamond Deshields was the team's most important scorer.

Reaction Score
Relax. Mo plays PG. After 3 years it is still a mystery what position DD plays. :cool:
Ouch!:oops:

I hope that DD and MoJeff play on the same team. Jefferson will open Deshields eyes as to how a true professional operates. Jefferson may hand Diamond her butt in practice. Diamond most definitely has all of the tools to be an outstanding guard. It's whats between her ears that needs a little development.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom