No Caroline and no Olivia tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No Caroline and no Olivia tonight

Reaction Score
there are some games I feel that Uconn should experiment even if it means a loss, this one should be one of those games. I really would want to see Deberry get meaningful minutes even if she struggles. It's better to get your feet wet and learn from experience.
I agree. Why not start Amari DeBerry and see what happens. She has a lot of athletic ability and she is 6-5.

If they just play six (I think Dorka is not 100%) they will run out of gas. Send Piath in a few minutes here and there to change it up.

Reaction Score
I really never understood the “She’s not ready” mantra. Game minutes help players get ready. Injuries occur and we are forced to use players who aren’t ready?? Crazy.
If I were DeBerry I'd be a little annoyed at having a year of eligibility burned for 22 minutes of game action if the plan all along was to not play until ready whatever that means.

Reaction Score
The one silver lining is that DePaul is 372nd in team defense. They have given up over 90 points in FIFTEEN games & over 100 in EIGHT of those games. UCONN should be able to light up the scoreboard & hopefully outscore DePaul, even with a depleted lineup.
I was actually really impressed with their defense last game, they were solid and gave UCONN a hard time with their pressure.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Folks we dont know when anybody will be back and we dont know who will be out next. All we know is we dont know anything other then when the next game is and we may not know if that will happen either. Those of you who have know me over the years know. We can only wait for everybody to get healthy and that may not be this season. I am really down folks.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Dorka (if she’s playing) CW, EW, AE, AZZI, NIKA are better than DePaul. So, just go out and beat them.
I'm afraid not one of these players will be able to get any rebounds with Morrow in the game, so...

Reaction Score
Folks we dont know when anybody will be back and we dont know who will be out next. All we know is we dont know anything other then when the next game is and we may not know if that will happen either. Those of you who have know me over the years know. We can only wait for everybody to get healthy and that may not be this season. I am really down folks.
I maintain my sanity by thinking about next season and how insanely good this team will be. The Paige-Azzi-Caroline core may be just as good as The Big Three.

Reaction Score
there are some games I feel that Uconn should experiment even if it means a loss, this one should be one of those games. I really would want to see Deberry get meaningful minutes even if she struggles. It's better to get your feet wet and learn from experience.
Deberry? Who is Deberry?

Reaction Score
UConnWBB has 8 players warming up and DePaul also has 8 players warming up.

Reaction Score
Hang in there, Tony.... we certainly can't afford for you to be down!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guess Azzi is going to have to have a Clark or Lee type of performance tonight.
Unfortunately, I dont see her as a 1 v 5 acrobat player. Needs some structure to excel.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Perk up Tony. These ladies on the floor will never give up, and as long as they won't quit neither will I. Yeah, the UConn haters around the world are drinking champagne and having parties with disco balls, but it ain't over. Not yet. UConn is going to make the Dance, and all these teams that are cracking UConn now will see a different team when the real music starts. Hang tough.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Tonight's and the Marquette game are really the toughest outs left on your slate. After those two opponents, you shouldn't even need Ducharme nor Nelson-Ododa for the rest of the schedule......
Thanks for the encouragement. This from a non fan of a rival team folks. Hang in there everyone.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Dorka is ok tonight. We need her back strong, especially tonight. If Dorka doesn't have a good game tonight I don't see us winning. It's gonna have to be done with smoke and mirrors, and luck otherwise. Ain't no one on this team that can stop Morrow especially if Dorka is not up to par.

Reaction Score
Now 7 of 9 in our primary rotation have missed games. Only E and AE have been 100%

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
LOL...I think I'll avoid the UCONN chat room until I see how this game unwinds. I still haven't recovered from the Villanova chat filled with hostility & nasty commentary.
It's like a dive bar in a strange town, you have to ignore that table of *s in the corner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom