No Aiken tonight for SHU | The Boneyard

No Aiken tonight for SHU

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Im Ready Game Show GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
No Posh no Aiken no Justin Moore no Morsell? You could fill out a decent all Big East team with the players we’ve avoided. No excuses tonight.
Yet all I always see on Twitter is how Providence plays undermanned teams. It honestly really irks me for some reason.

Huge 3 game stretch here. Student section is sold out. Good guys 78 - SH 71.

Reaction Score
They have been competitive without him recently. Some nice wins at home and then they played Nova much more competitively on the road than we did. I'm sure they feel pretty good about themselves coming in here.

Reaction Score
Actually, I think we would be better off if he played, since it will be harder for Cole to guard bigger guards, like Richmond. And we know that Richmond plays lights out against us.

Reaction Score
Yet all I always see on Twitter is how Providence plays undermanned teams. It honestly really irks me for some reason.

Huge 3 game stretch here. Student section is sold out. Good guys 78 - SH 71.
It is not the same. We’ve played against or will have to play against all those guys. PC was avoiding teams at full strength completely. It’s also that they play a close game against EVERYONE. That’s going to bite them in the butt at some point.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
No Posh no Aiken no Justin Moore no Morsell? You could fill out a decent all Big East team with the players we’ve avoided. No excuses tonight.
We have a reputation as this ultra physical team, some of it is warranted. I think teams are afraid to bring players nursing injuries back against us.

Reaction Score
After this game, 7 of the 10 teams in the Big East will have faced Seton Hall without Aiken (St. John's will have done it twice, too), so it isn't a matter of us being lucky. They've been playing pretty well without him of late too.

Hope the kid gets better. He's annoying but it's super scary to miss so many games with a head injury. He has had horrible luck with injuries for his entire career.

Reaction Score
Happy to avoid Aiken since we need some momentum.

Sad for Aiken though. I never wish injury on a player, but it's easier to be okay with it if it's like a sprained pinky or something. Concussions are scary. I hope he gets better.
Especially when he’s been out so long do to one

Reaction Score
I always wish our opponents were at full strength. I hate having question-marks on our resume.

A loss without their best guard would hurt at this point. Need a W.

Reaction Score
Actually, I think we would be better off if he played, since it will be harder for Cole to guard bigger guards, like Richmond. And we know that Richmond plays lights out against us.
Aiken scored 22 points on only 13 shots with 7 assists and 2 turnovers last game against us. And he drew a couple fouls on Cole and Cole fouled out. This seems pretty moronic.

Reaction Score
Aiken hasn't played in a while and Seton Hall has played pretty well lately with other guys stepping up. Obviously it's a plus but this is like the 7th straight game he has missed. They have learned to play without him.

Reaction Score
It is not the same. We’ve played against or will have to play against all those guys. PC was avoiding teams at full strength completely. It’s also that they play a close game against EVERYONE. That’s going to bite them in the butt at some point.
Or it will help them when they’re in tight games come March because they believe they are going to win every close game they’re playing. I think our talent far outweighs the Friars but I don’t understand the hate to be honest. To me it comes off as jealousy.

You are what your record says you are. They’re 21-3 and deserving of their top 10 ranking in the polls as of now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom