Nika not playing vs. Baylor | The Boneyard

Nika not playing vs. Baylor

Reaction Score
I am a really big fan of Nika but .....

I don't think UConn matches up well [with Baylor] with Nika [in the lineup] (though she would be really helpful coming off the bench [to spell CW, Paige or EW])

I think they need ONO and AE on floor together against Egbo and Smith.

[edited for clarity] thanks CL82

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Team got a win for Geno's birthday, they now have a rally cry to get one for Nika! Depending on what she can get / do in practices I look forward to seeing her play on April 2nd and again on April 4th. ;)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I am a really big fan of Nika but .....

I don't think UConn matches up well [with Baylor] with Nika [in the lineup] (though she would be really helpful coming off the bench [to spell CW, Paige or EW])

I think they need ONO and AE on floor together against Egbo and Smith.

[edited for clarity] thanks CL82
I've been concerned about the matchup situation faced by the UConn starters as well. Namely, who guards Smith? This makes the decision clearer. Otherwise, who would play Smith? E?

And who plays Moon? CW, I'm guessing. So now, E on Didi? Paige on DC?

Maybe I should start a thread.

Reaction Score

No real surprise. I think she had a " high ankle sprain," which means she likely would not be ready for next weekend either. Horrible for her. But **** happens, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Expect bigger minutes from AG. This is going to be a rock fight, & she will be more effective than Anna in a physical game.
I would think you have that reversed, AG advantage is quickness and stealth, Anna is more physical ..... Baylor doesn't shoot 3's. UConn may play more zone than usual. If UConn can get two 1st half fouls on Egbo or Smith the advantage might swing to UConn. Of course if those two first half fouls ae on ONO or AE .....

Reaction Score
Team got a win for Geno's birthday, they now have a rally cry to get one for Nika! Depending on what she can get / do in practices I look forward to seeing her play on April 2nd and again on April 4th. ;)
Win one for the "gnat'er"?

Reaction Score
Expect bigger minutes from AG. This is going to be a rock fight, & she will be more effective than Anna in a physical game.
Normally would agree. But at 6'2" Anna could spell Edwards/ONO a few minutes by playing the 4...especially if we are playing a lot of zone.

But would expect our starting 5 to each play 32+ minutes barring any foul trouble. Our 3 guards could go for 38-40 minutes.

Reaction Score
The team has reached a new, higher level of play since the 2nd round game against Syracuse. Nika hasn’t played a minute of it. The best defensive effort of the season was given by CW against Clark. It would be senseless to break up the current starting 5 who are playing the best ball of the season by far. I join the many who love watching Nika play. I hope she can return and play.......as a 6 or 7 off the bench.

Reaction Score
Source? I haven't seen any article that described it as a "high ankle sprain".
I didn't mean to mislead.
Source? I haven't seen any article that described it as a "high ankle sprain".
My exact words were, " I think it was a high ankle sprain..." Indicating, it is my opinion. I could be wrong or right. It is possible we'll never know. But I am the source of my own thought.

Reaction Score
It usually takes a lot longer to recover completely when the ankle turns out (like Nika's did) rather than turn in like most sprains do. It disrupts much stronger and tighter ligaments etc. Pulls things higher on the leg. I sure hope she gets to play soon. Still remember sadly watching KLS sitting on the bench in the final 4. I love having options especially high energy ones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom