Nika Muhl- A Great Teammate! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl- A Great Teammate!

Reaction Score
I think everyone should lighten up on @The deacon, whose point is not to criticize Nika but to encourage the rest of us to trash Caitlin Clark. It’s a Zen thought: whenever someone approaches an important milestone, we ought to criticize them rather than praise them.

I don’t have the time just now to trash Caitlin. But thanks to @The deacon’s encouragement, I’ll be sure to get on it at some point. There’s so many untapped areas to criticize. All of us will have to pitch in.
:D:p:eek::D:D:D
Running out of material, are you, my friend?:rolleyes:

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Maybe because she is the only one that you consistently rag on about shots, turnovers and whatever, you did it even when she broke the single season assists record. She has stated from the start of her Freshman year that she believes in getting the assists is her priority and have the other players score. She has improved her shooting this year, but that is not what she believes that is what makes the team its best. This is the last post that I will bother with addressing your obsession on putting Nika down.
I've put them on "ignore" for nearly 3 years. I must have missed one. :)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Similar to Geno's thoughts about wanting Diana in a foxhole with him, I'd want both her and Nika by my side as teammates any day.

Reaction Score
Dalce was blocking Aaliyah from saving the ball going out of bounds. It was as physical as the rest of the game, but I didn't see anything that caused Aaliyah to fall.
Blocking someone from saving a ball going out of bounds is legal. Question might be the ferocity or failure to keep in mind possibility of injuring the other player.

Reaction Score
In the great western movie THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE at the end the current owner of the Shinbone Star newspaper says, "When the Legend becomes fact print the Legend!" IMHO Nika has become a UConn WBB Legend so each fan will carry their impression of Nika forward, whether good or bad they'll be talking about her for a long time!
I truly hope Nika stays healthy through the end of this season to reach and break the UConn career assist record!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I've put them on "ignore" for nearly 3 years. I must have missed one. :)
I can't put people on ignore during the basketball season due to the Prognosticator's Predictions. It is open to all who wish to participate and if I ignore someone their prediction will not be seen by me. I may be a bit brass and let people know how I feel, I don't hold punches, some people don't like it, but that's their problem and not mine.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Why single Nika out?
Why single Nika out?
Yes, I agree, and the premise that scoring more has anything to do with her being a good teammate was either tongue in cheek or, let’s say, an interesting take on what it takes to be a good teammate. For the record, in the league, they trounced everyone with whatever she scored and in their losses she would’ve had to be Caitlin Clark for them to win. I’m pretty sure that not only do her teammates think she is a great teammate, but also that she is a major contributor to the scoreboard.

Reaction Score
And just like that the thread is ruined.
Well that is certainly over-reacting to legitimate, objective UConn fan analysis with no rancor intended. There have been many threads where Nika was praised where there was no carping in about her scoring.

There was the thread ... no ... maybe the one ... no, dumped on her there also. Yeah, for sure, here: the thread where ... no joy there either.

I'm sure if I had enough time I could come up with a positive thread about Nika that was unsullied. Maybe when she was being recruited? Maybe her birth announcement?

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Well that is certainly over-reacting to legitimate, objective UConn fan analysis with no rancor intended. There have been many threads where Nika was praised where there was no carping in about her scoring.

There was the thread ... no ... maybe the one ... no, dumped on her there also. Yeah, for sure, here: the thread where ... no joy there either.

I'm sure if I had enough time I could come up with a positive thread about Nika that was unsullied. Maybe when she was being recruited? Maybe her birth announcement?
Very good! Made me smile & read to wife.
:)

Reaction Score
Two plays last night demonstrated everything you need to know about Nika. One was when she caught the hip from Lucy Olsen and went down and then off the court. It was the way she walked off, defiantly, as if to tell everyone " Nothing is stopping me" and the crowd knew it. The second is her coming to Aaliyah immediately after that absurd non-call with Dalce on the sideline. She had some choice words for her and they were pointed and directed. She was making it clear that anyone that messes with one of her teammates, was messing with her. The assists and leadership have been great, but the fire and comradery, that is something very special. Just have to love her.
Well said. Nika has that fire. That, like you said, "Nothing is stopping me" drive, that is so contagious. She is a great teammate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom