Nika Confirms “Last Ride” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nika Confirms “Last Ride”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
IMG_1801.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Gonna miss Nika more than just about any Husky who’s ever suited up. Let’s all hope this year’s run in the postseason lasts a lot longer than expected and that Nika garners another 28+ assists in the process.

Reaction Score
Nika, we love you and will miss you!! Best of luck!

PS -- That must be the coolest end-of-collegiate-career announcement ever! From that, and the videos she's appeared in over these years, Nika seems to have an instinct of how to convey a message in still picture or video format. She may want to consider a career in filmmaking after pro basketball!

Reaction Score
Gonna miss Nika more than just about any Husky who’s ever suited up. Let’s all hope this year’s run in the postseason lasts a lot longer than expected and that Nika garners another 28+ assists in the process.
And not to mention an NC. I am going to miss her. A real role model for all young players. Nika, best of luck.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
With Nika officially leaving, I'm hoping that if Geno hits the portal he can land this one...

Geno reportedly was chatting with Carla Berube about Kaitlyn Chen. That now make more sense.

Reaction Score
Geno reportedly was chatting with Carla Berube about Kaitlyn Chen. That now make more sense.
PRINCETON – Kaitlyn Chen has been named one of the United States Basketball Writer's Association (USBWA) Ann Meyers Drysdale National Players of the Week.

She joins the list with Kamilla Cardoso (South Carolina), Caitlin Clark (Iowa), Aaliyah Edwards (UConn) and Madison Hayes (NC State).

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Nika really connected with many of us in a special way. Her early struggles, the tears on the bench, unsure and far from home, she was the underdog we chose to root for.

She provided effort, intensity, enthusiasm, personality, joy, spark, and much more. Her game developed, as did her leadership skills.

There is a special flair about her. You see it on and off the court. It draws people to her. Her exit images being the latest example!

We develop a bond with all of the UConn players over the years and years, but this one feels special.

The years fly by too quickly. I will miss her terribly.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It was probably a loaner from the guy with the $3 million contract.
Geez, I was thinking all the Cameo money I've sent her way. ;)

Nika's announcement isn't at all a knock-me-over-with-a-feather moment for me.

In a scant month she'll be my favorite former Husky. I was so excited when UConn announced they'd signed her and expected great things from her. She's performed as I'd expected, but she's exceeded in the heart department. And cussedness for that matter.

Reaction Score
Hey! Nika has my car! I really wanted one but couldn’t turn down the 10 k tax credits for a Tesla. Oh well maybe she’ll give me a ride.
Nika has impressed from day one and I continue to be amazed with her command of the language barely any accent left
Well she’s still got some work to do. Go Nika!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nika really connected with many of us in a special way. Her early struggles, the tears on the bench, unsure and far from home, she was the underdog we chose to root for.

She provided effort, intensity, enthusiasm, personality, joy, spark, and much more. Her game developed, as did her leadership skills.

There is a special flair about her. You see it on and off the court. It draws people to her. Her exit images being the latest example!

We develop a bond with all of the UConn players over the years and years, but this one feels special.

The years fly by too quickly. I will miss her terribly.

Nika leads the nation in emotions and facial expressions. Love that girl!

Reaction Score

I predict that number is broken before the end of the Big East Tournament. Moriah is a favorite of mine, but Nika deserves to have her name atop the record books and to go down as one of the great UConn PGs.

Reaction Score
I am soooooo amazed at how great Nika has become as a UConn Husky. I still remember during her freshman season when she was pulled from the game, had a serious "conversation" with Coach and went to her seat and was in tears. IMO, she had two choices to make at that exact moment.
I think there are many here that are so happy that she made the correct choice!!!
I was going to bring this up from her freshman year and you did it so well. Thanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom